Pluto will transit Aquarius for roughly twenty years between 2023-2044. Most will see Pluto in Aquarius affect two houses in their chart.
This is not something to panic over. The areas indicated by the houses being transiting will be transformed but Pluto is a slow-moving planet. The changes take years to manifest fully. However, you may experience intense periods of change and upheaval, especially if Pluto aspects your natal planets during this time period.
Pluto transits aka the process of transformation tends to have three distinct phases. First, something rots or ends or dies. This event brings about a void period, akin to the forest floor after a major fire.
This is an ugly barren phase, but beneath the surface, healing and regeneration are underway. This can be a slow process, but eventually you see you can pick your head up as you begin to feel renewed and eventually empowered.
Here are some of the potential effects of Pluto in Aquarius transiting each house:
- 1st house: Pluto in the 1st house can bring about a major transformation of your identity. You may feel called to step outside of your comfort zone and embrace your unique individuality. This can be a time of great personal growth as you learn to grapple with reactions to the powerful energy emanating from your person.
- 2nd house: Pluto in the 2nd house can bring about a major transformation of your values and sense of self-worth. You may feel called to let go of possessions and other attachments that no longer serve you. This can be a time of great financial and material gain, as you learn to value your own unique gifts and talents. Financial loss is also a possibility.
- 3rd house: Pluto in the 3rd house can bring about a major transformation of your communication style and thought process. You may also become interested in taboo topics and prefer deep conversation rather than anything flitty. This transit may also affect your siblings.
- 4th house: Pluto in the 4th house can bring about a major transformation of your home, family, and roots. You may feel called to let go of old family patterns and traditions that no longer serve you, or if you have denied your roots, you may realize how these patterns play in your life, for good or ill. This can be a time of great emotional growth, though deep pain is a given at some point. Family pathology surfaces to be healed or otherwise purged.
- 5th house: Pluto in the 5th house can bring about a major transformation of your creativity, self-expression, and pleasure. If you work in a creative field, Pluto energy will show up in your creative product. You may also kill off the current expression of your ego; your “character”, to be replaced with a more authentic version. This transit may also affect your children, but don’t panic. Your children may be born with Pluto transiting your 5th
- 6th house: Pluto in the 6th house can bring about a major transformation of your work, health, and daily routines. You may feel called to let go of old habits and routines that no longer serve you. This is the kind of transit that sees a person lose hundreds of pounds, as the focus is on physical and mental health,.
- 7th house: Pluto in the 7th house can bring about a major transformation of your relationships, partnerships. You find yourself attracted to power as power is attracted to you. It’s possible to develop obsession with “the other” of have someone become obsessed with you. Extremes are common as are relationship triangles. You may have to deal with “shadow” feelings like jealousy, during this time. People often worry about their partner dying during this transit. It’s a possibility but it’s more likely your relationship deepens. If this is not possible, the relationship may end due to your lack of interest.
- 8th house: Pluto in the 8th house can bring about a major transformation of your finances, sex, and power dynamics. Your gut sense and your and psychological insight will be keen, which you may or may not enjoy. Secrets are likely to be a theme. You have to contain them for some reason. You’ll also be dealing with pathology – yours or theirs or the pathology of the collective.
- 9th house: Pluto in the 9th house can bring about a major transformation of your worldview, philosophy, and spirituality. Odds are high, you find something you’re interested in, which you study at great depth, emerging as a specialist, eventually. You may also meet or be a powerful teacher who profoundly alters your perspective.
- 10th house: Pluto in the 10th house can bring about a major transformation of your career, reputation, and public image. You may feel called to let go of old career goals and embrace new, more ambitious ones. When I had this transit, I flushed my career down the toilet… and became an astrologer, after a frightening void period. This can be a time of great professional success, as you learn to use your power and influence to make a difference in the world.
- 11th house: Pluto in the 11th house can bring about a major transformation of your friendships, social groups, and hopes and dreams. You may feel called to let go of old friendships and embrace new, more supportive ones. You may also become a bit much for your regular friends, causing them to cut you out. That void will be filled by people who better sync with your current energy.
- 12th house: Pluto in the 12th house can bring about a major transformation of your subconscious mind, intuition, and spiritual path. This transit is difficult as you will experience your pain along with the pain of the collective and most likely your struggles will be hidden from everyone, for good or ill. Good, because it’s private. Bad, because people keep stacking things on you, though you’re already on the ground. It’s likely you will have to learn to transcend pain during this struggle… to avoid drowning in it. This can be a time of great spiritual growth, as you learn to connect with your inner wisdom and the divine.
Which house or houses will Pluto in Aquarius transit in your chart? How’s it going?