Forum

What is a "revoluti...

Notifications
Clear all

What is a "revolution" circa 2021?

Tonya
(@tonya)
Trusted Member

I have heard folks saying we need to pull a 1776 against the tyranny. My thought is there is a huge difference between then and now. A forceful fight will end badly for the people.

Aquarian energy is rebellious at its core and that doesn't even have to be violent or extreme. In a weird (Aquarius) way, I am thinking of How the Grinch Stole Christmas and how on Christmas morning, the Whos didn't pay one bit of attention to the big bad Grinch but went about their daily business. This sums it up for me.

Just live your life in the best way you can. Try to prepare for the unexpected. In this, stock food, and supplies that you will need.

Also from an Aquarius Rising, "Have a nice day."

?️

(@warped)
Reputable Member

Perhaps revolution from within?  Over decades, the destructive element infiltrated all our institutions.  Could the opposite happen, a "reconstructive" element covertly infiltrate over time and remain incognito until enough mass has been achieved to right the sinking ship in a bloodless reveal?

(@carly42)
Eminent Member

With regard to a 1776 approach to tyranny, the Convention of States movement has been gaining ground since 2014 & especially since the election.  America is made up of sovereign states that are loosely bound by a federal government with very limited powers...not very recognizable at this point.  If 34 states pass this amendment (as outlined under Article V of our Constitution), then a new Constitutional Convention will be convened.  They have 3 platforms - term limits, balanced budget, and to limit the size, jurisdiction, & scope of the federal government.  Congress could pass these on their own, ha ha...

conventionofstates.com, if you're interested. 

Totally on board with moral, authentic living within micro-communities, deplugging as much as possible, putting food by, etc.  I'm old enough to have been influenced by elders who lived through 2 World Wars and the Depression.  "Don't waste a drop", my grandmother would say at mealtime, decades later.  We are a lot tougher than we know.

JoFrance
(@jofrance)
Reputable Member

We're in the midst of a revolution now. A Pluto cycle lasts 248 years and the US chart has Pluto at 27 degrees Capricorn, so we're near the end of this cycle. 1776 was about that long ago and here we are faced with a similar situation to them. We're going to have to fight to keep our freedoms. It will be ongoing for a long time and hard to change things, just like long ago.

Whats unique about 2021 is how government, big tech, pharma and business have joined hands to decide how we all should live our lives.

Who said that's okay? I didn't.

This is going to be a rocky road.

1 Reply
jana
 jana
(@jana)

Reputable Member

@jofrance

media and academia.....also in the Kumbaya circle of control. 

NotMyCircus
(@notmycircus)
Honorable Member

I think several revolutions are going on. The protests last year indicate at least two of them. (The lockdown protests and the George Floyd protests.) The Unity 2020 project was an attempted revolution of our political structures (maybe in the future the Unity idea will work, just not ready for primetime yet. Maybe all this time in quarantine has given people time to notice the social structures that are failing, without so much distraction--you know, bigger, more complex problems we could shove under the rug because you know, we were all so BUSY. I was happy to see nurses protesting in the streets last year because to me, it was about time everyone understands that the U.S. healthcare system is not only broken, it's starting to collapse. The people in charge of it are putting up a real good front while sacrificing and screwing over us healthcare workers, because...money. 

Jessica Sowards of Roots and Refuge Farm had something interesting to say on her vlog yesterday about creating change:

"...if we notice like an industry is broken, if we notice that a system is broken, like when we notice that the food system is broken, what we choose to support whenever somebody does a new thing, provides a new service, models a new way of doing it, THAT is how we change systems."

6 Replies
JoFrance
(@jofrance)

Reputable Member

@notmycircus 

Our most trusted institutions are crumbling right before our eyes and filled with such shameful corruption, especially in the healthcare industry and big pharma. Instead of their basic motto saying something like "We Care About People" it should be "Profit Over People".

The lockdowns have changed everyone's life and I don't think for the better. Life without freedom isn't life at all, its just existence.
What can we do to fix this? Its going to take a long time. That's Pluto's style.

NotMyCircus
(@notmycircus)

Honorable Member

@jofrance Lately I've been reading horror stories, on the nursing forum I visit all the time, about how the CEOs and admins of these hospitals are raking in HUGE profits and accolades right now, while STILL not getting their nurses adequate PPE so they can avoid getting sick from Covid. Then they tell them that if they get Covid, well it wasn't from the hospital! Must have been from the grocery store. These hospitals are waving large stacks of money at nurses to get them to fill shifts but no one will do it because nurses are burning out and quitting every day. They're DONE. In at least one hospital, there are more travel nurses than regular nurses. That is some bullshit. The system needs fixing but money won't fix it. It goes deeper than that. Our healthcare workers have been treated like slaves and now they're waking up. 

I think people's eyes are being opened to the fact that we're not, as a collective, being treated as humans anymore. We are commodities. Like Elsa said, we are continually being sold and sold to. And like you said, the solution for this is  going to take a long time.

NotMyCircus
(@notmycircus)

Honorable Member

By the way, when I say "profits", I probably should clarify that these bigwigs are making millions in BONUSES. Still gross. They get to live comfortably and the nurses get to run themselves into the ground while living in terror every day that they will bring this disease home to their family members and kill them. 

JoFrance
(@jofrance)

Reputable Member

If a company has huge profits, the execs get huge bonuses, but the money never trickles down to the people doing the actual work.  All of the nurses really endured so much during this pandemic.  I can't even imagine what they went through.  We need to bring back profit sharing.

NotMyCircus
(@notmycircus)

Honorable Member

@jofrance Speaking of the lockdowns, today I was thinking about comedian Vic Dibitetto's rant to the government in one of his "Ticked Off Vic" videos. He talked about how we were all told to stay in our homes, he said it was the right thing to do "but you said that you would help, so, where is the fuckin' help?" It angered him tremendously that their version of "help" involved nothing more than a $1200 check (that comes from OUR money anyway) and offering to let people defer loan payments--only to be forced to pay ALL of the deferred payments at once the minute they get income again. He was pissed off at the big banks that rake in BILLIONS in profit every quarter while turning around and then crapping on the American people. We bailed them out ten years ago and now we the people have to do it AGAIN!! All they'd have to do is tack the deferred payments to the back end of the loan and cut everyone a break by stopping all payments for a few months (landlords could stop sweating about their mortgages, tenants would no longer have to worry being kicked out, etc.) Those PPP loans? Rich people and big businesses who knew how to work the system snapped up most of that money, so small businesses were frozen out and some went under.

My point is that many businesses were ordered to close their doors and people were laid off or furloughed, while no effective relief actually reached them to help them survive. (There are many people out there who got NO help from the unemployment office or stimulus checks because of red tape--the money never got to them, period.) Then the government wonders why people are "rebelling". 

dolce
(@dolce)

Reputable Member

@notmycircus Like you're showing, the people at the top rig the system to work for them, we are not human to them - we provide the human resources and to keep us from rebelling, they throw us scraps. We are very docile.

These people can't live without their system/bureaucracy, but we could if we begin to dismantle it by slowly ending our participation and making our own local supply chains, etc! We can do it, we just have to start. Hopefully we will.

NotMyCircus
(@notmycircus)
Honorable Member

I just took a look at the U.S. (Sibley) chart to look for transits.

We are currently undergoing a hard Neptune transit. The Neptune opposition. Maybe this is why there's so much confusion about whether there's revolution(s) going on and who to shoot? Kind of hard to shoot in the fog.

Mars is now in Gemini, so our Mars Return is happening in the background. 

And who can forget our Pluto Return--Pluto is knocking at the door!!

Pluto opposes Mercury in the birth chart, so no surprise that people are not mincing words anymore. They're just slicin' and dicin'! (The phrase "them's fightin' words" comes to mind.)

1 Reply
 LN
(@ln)

Trusted Member

@notmycircus That really is quite a lot for all of us to be dealing with. Thank you for bringing this forward. It helps to know what is brewing in this cauldron lol.

Page 2 / 3