Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Relocating in the second half of 2020?
NotMyCircus
northeast Georgia
Milky Way
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 7891
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Friday, June 12, 2020 - 4:29 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

It looks like I may have to pick up stakes, yet again, due to the pandemic. My housemate’s son might be coming home if college classes move online. I have no idea where to go, but do want to keep it local. There has to be a kitchen, adequate pantry storage, and room to grow food in case the shiznit hits the fan soon. I also plan to stay out of the city–any city. 

These retrogrades, though. I read Elsa’s newsletter and I’ve read stuff here. It’s going to be a slog for everyone. Did I forget to mention we’re still dealing with *cough cough* covid. And civil unrest. So all the things I normally do during a move:

— visit potential landlords/housemates in person

— get friends and family to help me move, and order pizza

— find free or used boxes

— stuff things into bags on moving day at the last minute…..

cannot happen (due to the pandemic).

My housemates can help me move if it’s a local move. But I still have to hire movers for the big stuff. Never done this before. 

With the retrograde going on for the remainder of the year, I foresee nothing but a mess! LOL! I’m actually thinking of leaving all my furniture in storage in case the next move doesn’t work out and I have to move AGAIN.

There are others here who are moving soon (or just moved and will likely have to do it again this year). I’m just curious as to how well we will fare this year. Do others here have concerns about the retrograde or eclipses affecting their ability to relocate? Will it be more stressful than usual? 

The following users say thanks to NotMyCircus for this post:

soup, redbird
Buendia
Star
Members
Forum Posts: 1027
Saturday, June 13, 2020 - 12:50 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Do others here have concerns about the retrograde or eclipses affecting their ability to relocate? Will it be more stressful than usual? 

It might be more stressful than the other times you’ve moved, but that seems to make sense in 2020, with the added complications you’ve laid out. Since you’ve done so much work making other shifts to adapt to the challenges this year, doing those things probably strengthened your fortitude to do the extra things you’ll need to do if you have to move sooner than you’d previously thought.

The following users say thanks to Buendia for this post:

NotMyCircus
soup
Milky Way
Members
Forum Posts: 7685
Saturday, June 13, 2020 - 4:39 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

NMC I am in the middle of a move. 

Attic and basement cleared. We are waiting to have two more things to done to the house and that will be finished. 

His company is moving us. But, the problem is we are still in phase 3 here where I live now. And, I am moving to your hood. I will be there pretty soon (lunch date okay?) 

I am concerned. We have this pandemic to work around and when a company is responsible for the move you have to go along with what they want. They don’t want an insurance liability so they wont quickly move us to Georgia because if one of us get sick they fear they could be sued. So, we wait. 

Then, are we going to be moving during a MercX? That concerns me. But, we started this in Feb. Made progress during mid March and its been full speed ahead here at home. We may be in a pandemic, but that hasn’t stopped us from getting a dumpster and throwing stuff away (we filled it) It hasn’t stopped us from painting, doing yard work… all the stuff to pretty things up. Most of that is done. 

I just wonder when they are going to actually show up and MOVE our stuff. At this point now I have to rent a house because there is no way to buy a home immediately due to being unable to actually view them. I am internet shopping for a rental. 

We are both up drinking coffee in the middle of the night …we were just talking about hating change, being in a place where we know no one but each other and right now being in limbo. (he has been a mother bear to live with!) 

So, yes… concerned. The thing we don’t have to worry about is job stability. And, that is a load off our minds. We are so blessed in that department. 

I have the same concerns. There will be people in my house packing my belongings. Are they going to be healthy folks? How do I protect us inside my house with strangers running around in it? 

I had to make sure all my dogs shots, their records and their tags were up to date today and when I went to animal control they took my damn temp and made me do the whole shake rattle and roll protocol just to get rabies tags… so, trying to imagine what moving is going to be like. And, it was 92 degrees today – this was so uncomfortable in a mask. 

I hate it all NMC… I feel ya… 

The following users say thanks to soup for this post:

redbird, NotMyCircus
CrisLondon
London (UK)
Planetary ruler
Members
Forum Posts: 296
Saturday, June 13, 2020 - 5:01 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

soup, I hear you, so tough!

Some folks are not healthy despite official guidelines around how to be safe in their work…I experienced that this week with the electrician (eyes roll.)

Yet if you got to move and it’s not in your hands (the company decides and hires) then it’s got to be done (I have some scorpio energy too and get the frustration completely!)

I’d pack one or two big boxes with my ‘essentials for 5 or 7 days’ so I’m sure that the things in the boxes were safely packed. Like a mug, coffee, a plate/glass/cutlery (a sponge and soap too), mobile/phone chargers, medicine, toiletries (shampoo, face cream), some underwear and clothes for the weather there, slippers, a couple of towels, bedding (bed linen), pillow, a book, a disinfectant spray and antibacterial wipes for quick cleaning of surfaces in the new place…

Like the things you will be for sure wanting to use in the first days of arrival to your new home…in boxes you know are safe.

The rest (except bed and mattress probably which might need unpacking on the arrival day) could be left for 3 days unpacked or not assembled to make sure there is no virus…

That would be my part. My husband wouldn’t care at all…but I’d be in charge (hehe, with a virus dancing around, am I in charge?)

The following users say thanks to CrisLondon for this post:

redbird, soup
CrisLondon
London (UK)
Planetary ruler
Members
Saturday, June 13, 2020 - 4:46 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’d say that if you have to move in the end you will have to do it despite the retrogrades. I agree with Buendia: you’ve adjusted well to the changes in the last months (cough cough Covid – that’s hilarious), no matter how hard and confusing it has been for you, so you have the resources and skills to make things happen.

If you have help from housemates I’d move local if you find a place with the things you mention you are looking at.

In the past I signed three different leases/rental contracts for flats during Mercury retrograde and eventually had to leave all three flats a year after as the landlords/landladys ended up selling them. So if you sign during this summer’s mercury retrograde know that there is a chance (not certainty) that what you sign will not turn out to be what you imagined things to be and that things will inevitably change somehow (the ‘how’ is uncertain.)

Like you say others (not me) in EE will be moving so they can give you pointers.

This is a stressful year filled of uncertainties and planning long term is kind of impossible. So yes, anticipate stress but don’t let it bug you down.

The goal is to find yourself a home (that you like and has what you need) and perhaps do it locally (where you have friends and there is familiarity with how things are/work there – it will go well with your moon needs) before you decide whether you’d like to do a bigger move next year (when uranus transit will be more in effect if I remember well.)

Good luck, NotMyCircus!! (fingers crossed for you)

redbird, NotMyCircus, soup
NotMyCircus
northeast Georgia
Milky Way
Limited Access
Saturday, June 13, 2020 - 5:46 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I moved here during a Mercury retrograde last August (my apartment rent was already too expensive, it was about to go up, and the lease was set to expire during the retro, couldn’t help the timing). 

Who knew the pandemic was coming?? Not me! 😵 😂

CrisLondon
CrisLondon
London (UK)
Planetary ruler
Members
Saturday, June 13, 2020 - 6:13 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve (knowingly) signed up leases three times under Merc Rx because like you I couldn’t help the timing.

Same with two job contracts where both jobs changed hugely with months of signing.

Sometimes the timing of contracts during Merc Rx is, I think, to have a short term situation, solution and experience before moving on eventually to something else.

NotMyCircus
redbird
Moon
Members
Forum Posts: 47
Saturday, June 13, 2020 - 5:27 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m also North Georgia. I pray you find a perfect home and have enough ppl to help you. 
blessings your way – Redbird 

The following users say thanks to redbird for this post:

NotMyCircus, soup
Sue Ellen
KY USA; Cap Sun, Cancer Moon, Taurus rising
Celestial sphere
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 3587
Friday, June 26, 2020 - 2:33 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Best of luck in moving. Both soup and NMC. We cannot always pick the timing. 
Just thinking about it makes my head hurt. 

The following users say thanks to Sue Ellen for this post:

NotMyCircus, soup
NotMyCircus
northeast Georgia
Milky Way
Limited Access
Sunday, June 28, 2020 - 11:55 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

My housemate gave me the number of a realtor friend and brought up the option of maybe buying a house. This is actually an option I considered last year, but wasn’t sure I had time or money to do it. My sister and I talked about the possibility of me getting a fixer-upper. 

Just the thought of moving in with strangers during a pandemic, or an apartment building makes me twitchy. 

soup, CrisLondon
Space Cadet
Planet
Members
Forum Posts: 128
Monday, June 29, 2020 - 2:04 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think living alone in a house, or perhaps a condo, would be a good idea. I just remember you mentioning how often you’ve had to move. Even if the property you own is weird or complicated to get, at least it would be yours, and not subject to whims of others’ leasing or roommate situations.

I live alone in a small condo and it’s really changed my life for the better. I had help getting it, though.

The following users say thanks to Space Cadet for this post:

NotMyCircus
NotMyCircus
northeast Georgia
Milky Way
Limited Access
Sunday, June 28, 2020 - 11:57 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

P.S.  With Soup and I both in the thick of Uranus transits, should we just anticipate that things are going to move very quickly–like things will not appear to be going anywhere, and then–BAM!! Time to get going!

Hades Moon, soup
NotMyCircus
northeast Georgia
Milky Way
Limited Access
Sunday, June 28, 2020 - 12:01 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh wait, we’re already doing this. Soup and hubby got a bombshell dropped on them by his employer. My housemate dropped one on me because her son (who is also going through a Uranus transit, btw) had one dropped on him by his university. He’s losing his place to live, so I have to move, too, by August 1st. 

Hades Moon, soup, CrisLondon
Tam
Gemini Sun Virgo Moon Gemini Rising
Canis Major Dwarf
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 10442
Sunday, June 28, 2020 - 12:47 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Best of luck to both of you! Maybe get a tiny home. There are some great videos on youtube, this series is my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/user/l…..gtinyhouse

The following users say thanks to Tam for this post:

NotMyCircus, soup, CrisLondon
NotMyCircus
northeast Georgia
Milky Way
Limited Access
Sunday, June 28, 2020 - 2:22 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Years ago I considered living in a tiny home! That’s another possibility. Not sure if I could afford a custom-built one, but they sure look sweet.

Tam
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 1202
Currently Online: Elsa
Guest(s) 85
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Newest Members:
Robert
corsimone