Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Random Thoughts Thread
Rant, post tweetables, quotes, little sayings and thoughts that don't warrant an independent thread.
Sue Ellen
KY USA; Cap Sun, Cancer Moon, Taurus rising
Celestial sphere
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 3335
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 4:13 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was so tired of my PC update loops, I was looking at new computers, but decided to wait.  I use my iPad for many things. It is mobile. 

allie120
Galaxy
Members

Limited Access
Forum Posts: 4687
Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 6:02 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m so sad to hear that Art Bell has passed away. Coast to Coast was by far my favorite radio program. I loved hearing him in the wee hours of the morning on my little clock radio.

The following users say thanks to allie120 for this post:

strawb.
strawb.
Celestial sphere
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 3832
Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 6:16 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

This Mercury retrograde didn’t affect my material stuff as much (that was last retrograde!) but it affected my thinking, made it super foggy and felt unable to think clearly or take decisions. Anyway, moving on! Thank God.

Tam
Gemini Sun Virgo Moon Gemini Rising
Milky Way
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 8541
Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 8:16 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Mother Hubbard commercial for Feeding America with the little boy dressed as a dog just kills me. I think it bothers me more than any commercial ever.

On a brighter note, I think this commercial for Sherwin-Williams is brilliant. Love it.

The following users say thanks to Tam for this post:

Ann, Sue Ellen, Jilly
Kumquat
SuperStar
Members
Forum Posts: 1657
Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 9:56 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

So I turn on my old phone and there are alerts from the google calendar my ex and I shared. I look at the kinds of appointments and understand immediately what’s up. He has been going for years for a certain kind of position and got it. Partially financed and supported by me. So I google and yes that’s what happened. There are also a few vacations scheduled for him and some woman, and his mid-20’s kids which I’m sure he paid for. 

So he’ll have a very nice cushy financial situation with all the perks and paid for stuff- sailing along in life and here I am with the complete opposite situation. It’s literally absurd, his consequences/results/rewards versus mine. I don’t even get a lucky break and he gets a whole thing.  He is genuinely a terrible, vindictive person who uses others. 

I’m not really seeing the whole karma thing unfolding. It’s very hard to believe that there’s some kind of justice. 

Ann
SuperStar
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 1541
Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 11:18 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m really hating Jupiter retro in Scorp. And we have many months to go till it’s direct. 😏 my financial situation was getting good compared to how it was for a while and now I’m like where the hell did all the money go? 😖

Tam
Milky Way
Limited Access
Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 2:16 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Kumquat said
So I turn on my old phone and there are alerts from the google calendar my ex and I shared. I look at the kinds of appointments and understand immediately what’s up. He has been going for years for a certain kind of position and got it. Partially financed and supported by me. So I google and yes that’s what happened. There are also a few vacations scheduled for him and some woman, and his mid-20’s kids which I’m sure he paid for. 

I get that it is damn disgusting but if he wants to he can see that you accessed the calendar. Not caring will irk him more.

device-activity.JPG

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments

Sue Ellen, allie120, Kumquat
Sue Ellen
KY USA; Cap Sun, Cancer Moon, Taurus rising
Celestial sphere
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 3335
Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 2:42 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Too much happened on Friday the 13th this year.  I was flaky all day. I still am two days later.  That evening, Syria was bombed by the Allies. Art Bell died that morning, but I found out after midnight.  On the 13th morning, a couple of thousand teachers rallied at the capitol. That evening the governor made some disparaging comments that made national news. 12,000 teachers and other public workers had marched on Easter Monday.

I had lunch with my new old friends, college alumni. We changed our meeting location out of the capital city to the next town because of possible traffic issues. Over lunch two of the ladies had words over the teachers.  Of the four of us, two of us (me and the university instructor) are on public pensions. The other two are on personal retirement funds. The two ladies had words over the governor’s earlier comments. He had called the teachers unknowledgeable.

I think something else happened, but I can’t remember it. Another flaky attack.

Here’s what made the national news from Friday the 13th.  AND, the governor isn’t from our state.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/3795…..ol-closure

Libra Noir
Milky Way
Members
Forum Posts: 5918
Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 2:50 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Kumquat said

So he’ll have a very nice cushy financial situation with all the perks and paid for stuff- sailing along in life and here I am with the complete opposite situation. It’s literally absurd, his consequences/results/rewards versus mine. I don’t even get a lucky break and he gets a whole thing.  He is genuinely a terrible, vindictive person who uses others. 

I’m not really seeing the whole karma thing unfolding. It’s very hard to believe that there’s some kind of justice.   

(((Kumquat)))) 

The following users say thanks to Libra Noir for this post:

Kumquat
Kumquat
SuperStar
Members
Forum Posts: 1657
Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 9:08 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you guys- I’m kinda over it for the most part. It was such a shock. Imagine hearing that the biggest POS you know who harmed you got a whole bunch of money and his dream come true. It’s that kind of surprise- you think, he’ll go along and life won’t allow him to prosper like that. He was absolutely awful to my son- snide, demeaning, dismissive, ridiculing him- and he tried to make him a part of the divorce settlement by trying to humiliate and hurt him. He TARGETED him. The kid who came to live with him at 10 years old. 

I thank God every day he no longer has anything to do with my day to day life. But you know, some kind of karmic payback would be nice, that’s all. 

The following users say thanks to Kumquat for this post:

Tam
anonymoushermit
Zodiac
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 2995
Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 9:57 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Kumquat said
Thank you guys- I’m kinda over it for the most part. It was such a shock. Imagine hearing that the biggest POS you know who harmed you got a whole bunch of money and his dream come true. It’s that kind of surprise- you think, he’ll go along and life won’t allow him to prosper like that. He was absolutely awful to my son- snide, demeaning, dismissive, ridiculing him- and he tried to make him a part of the divorce settlement by trying to humiliate and hurt him. He TARGETED him. The kid who came to live with him at 10 years old. 

I thank God every day he no longer has anything to do with my day to day life. But you know, some kind of karmic payback would be nice, that’s all.   

Ugh. I’m sorry about this. Frustrating. 

The following users say thanks to anonymoushermit for this post:

Kumquat
Tam
Milky Way
Limited Access
Monday, April 16, 2018 - 7:18 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Kumquat said

That’s awful if I win the lottery I will see you get some of it. Seriously.

Kumquat
Tam
Milky Way
Limited Access
Monday, April 16, 2018 - 7:22 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m sorry but I have to complain about this weather. 70 degrees Saturday, 3-1/3″ of rain Sunday, freaking snow and wind today. 

April is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.
Winter kept us warm, covering
Earth in forgetful snow, feeding
A little life with dried tubers.

Kumquat, allie120
JoFrance
Zodiac
Members
Forum Posts: 2660
Monday, April 16, 2018 - 9:01 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t like our weather either.  It was beautiful for two days and now its back to winter.  I have a few downed trees and I can’t find anyone to get rid of them.  I called a few people and can’t even get a call back.  They’re all too busy.  Its so aggravating.

The following users say thanks to JoFrance for this post:

Tam
allie120
Galaxy
Members

Limited Access
Forum Posts: 4687
Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 9:09 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Saturday was so glorious! 

Sunday was frigid but we did enjoy a fire. Yesterday was ridiculous- rain, sleet, snow, thunder, lightening, more torrential downpours, wind…😑

For some reason, though, I’m stupidly optimistic every day that it’s going to be nicer as each day passes! That feels like my Taurus Jupiter in the 9th. I’m sure some people want to slap it the same way they want to slap an excessively peppy morning person.

The following users say thanks to allie120 for this post:

Tam
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 196

Currently Online:
84 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Newest Members:

efstathia

mikenelson17