Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Random Thoughts Thread 2
Curl
Scandinavia
Sun
Members
Forum Posts: 786
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 7:55 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

You all have to see this!!! 

Astrology + Astronomy + Music!

This is a piece inspired by a footage of Jupiter Venus conjunction of last year. Its an original composition, and aptly titled Celestial. 🙂 

Video by one of my favourite astronomy photographers – Babak Tafreshi. Music composed by Barbad Bayat, performed by Prague Metropolitan Orchestra. 🙂

The following users say thanks to Curl for this post:

Buendia, Hades Moon, Hades Moon, Osiris Wife, Warped by Wuthering Heights, aspire
Hades Moon
Star
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 1141
Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 1:58 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

This was Beautiful 🎶

The following users say thanks to Hades Moon for this post:

Osiris Wife, Curl
Soph-tee-clees
Sun
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 793
Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 2:19 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just a random personal post. Hopefully it matches something that is going on in your personal life.

DUST. I am mega allergic to dust. And the room I spend most of my time is looks far worse than that yellow pages advert:

So I have spent easily about 10 days, sometimes not going out the whole day. Just tidying. It’s got me pretty down I have spent little time on anything for myself but obviously, the pay off is extremely valuable. An ongoing lower level of anxiety!

Trying to get back to myself for the next week or so. Making sure to get on with music and coding. Gonna see if Amazon prime video is any good!

I’ve read through some of these posts and despite a few obvious problems, it seems people are mostly doing well!

The following users say thanks to Soph-tee-clees for this post:

Hades Moon, Warped by Wuthering Heights, Curl
Libra Noir
Milky Way
Members
Forum Posts: 8222
Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 3:24 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Glad to hear you are doing well! 

The following users say thanks to Libra Noir for this post:

Soph-tee-clees
Hades Moon
Star
Limited Access

Members
Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 2:32 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

PurpleStarGirl said

Hades Moon said

Looks like I forgot to state the obvious 😄

By the synastry do I think there is mutual attraction?

A big YES. I mentioned what was on my venus when I met my partner because interestingly, you two, have these planets aspecting in synastry. It’s quite unbelievable (and impressive), that your mutual Uranus and Neptune’s interact with each other’s venus.

I asked about your Saturn because I was searching for some grounding, binding, practical energy between you. It was good to see this in the composite.

But yes, you are right; one’s free will does come into play. Also, I think timing can play a role in whether people take friendship’s further.

Sounds like to me that what’s lacking in synastry can be shown in the composite chart. The Saturn/Venus square in the composite kind of makes me nervous because all I read when I look up that aspect on other astrology is negative. Are there positive sides to squares? 

Now Venus/Neptune/Uranus…is there a significance to those aspects?

Squares can produce tension, but because it’s brought to the surface it offers opportunity for growth. I personally believe that it’s better to have some Saturn/binding energy, even as a square, rather than none at all. We have free will to direct that energy in a positive way. I know 2 long term couples with this square.

What was interesting to me is that both of your Uranus and Neptune placement’s interact with one another’s venus. I personally, haven’t seen this often. My experience is limited though, just a hobby; not a profession where you see thousands of charts.

PurpleStarGirl
PurpleStarGirl
Montana USA
Star
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 1259
Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 3:44 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Did those couples have the square in the composite? I actually thought that the Sun/Venus connection in synastry would allow for binding considering it’s a Capricorn Sun and Capricorn Venus and Saturn-ruled but I guess not.

The following users say thanks to PurpleStarGirl for this post:

Hades Moon
Hades Moon
Star
Limited Access

Members
Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 6:38 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

My in-laws have it in the composite, and a friend has it in her synastry. The sun-venus connection is great, and should not be underestimated. It was just in recent times, when I read case studies of long term associations, I found Saturn was often involved. Nothing is compulsory though, and like any field, astrologers may have differing opinions/interpretations. There’s not necessarily a right or wrong way. 

Also, many happy couples would not have the greatest synastry (and vice versa). Astrology can be very helpful, but I would never allow it to dictate who I should or should not get involved with. I’m a big believer in free will.

PurpleStarGirl
Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Forum Posts: 32464
Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 7:46 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I miss the colosseum chat thread!!!

The following users say thanks to Elsa for this post:

Myrna, Osiris Wife, Libra Noir
Libra Noir
Milky Way
Members
Monday, July 13, 2020 - 12:56 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

This is a very random question for those who might understand money more than I. My goal is to be debt free. I’m almost there except for a car payment. I’ve decided to make a double payment a month with the second payment going towards the principal. I could pay it off in 12 months this way.  I would also have some left over income each month though.

Should I save that extra income (and of course still have a little cushion of savings) or put as much as I can towards paying the principal? Does anyone have any advice? Thanks 

Curl
Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Monday, July 13, 2020 - 5:07 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Your goal to be debt-free is a good one. It sounds as if you’re secure enough, you can keep your little cushion and pay down even faster.

Not sure the particulars on your car, but once it is paid for, you’ll have the option to to reduce your insurance from full coverage to just liability… whatever is legal in your state.  The difference in the premium is significant.  You have to evaluate your risk – the value of your car, should it be totaled, your driving habits, etc. I mention it in case you don’t know this…

When you’re paying interest, paying off your loan IS saving money. Paying off your loan in a year is good but if you can pay if off in six months, do it!  Put this behind you!

It really sounds like you’ve found a good path.  Good luck!

Libra Noir, Curl
Libra Noir
Milky Way
Members
Monday, July 13, 2020 - 5:20 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you. Yes, I finally feel like I have my head above water after 20 years. I didn’t know if I’d see the light of day again but here it is. Im so blessed. Not just about money just everything. 

I’m going to take your advice. 

Curl
PurpleStarGirl
Montana USA
Star
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 1259
Monday, July 13, 2020 - 12:57 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

I’m making a crochet blanket for my guy friend who has Venus in Capricorn. I asked him what colors he liked other than green and he gave me the two other colors (white and orange) that are on the Irish flag (green is one of them) plus black and gray. Well, I decided to see if there was yarn that was white and orange, which will be the edging. I had told my friend the reason I wanted to know other colors was for that purpose. I get a message from him stating that white and orange would be awesome and hadn’t even seen what he said before deciding on using those colors. Haha. Weird, right?

He also kinda made me blush by saying good night weirdo to me. Coming from my friend, that’s a compliment and I suppose a bit affectionate because I’ve only heard him use that with friends.

And I kind of do wish that this site had a chat room or private messaging system. It would make it easier to continue topics on threads without clogging them up. And I feel kind of bad for doing that so I apologize for that.

The following users say thanks to PurpleStarGirl for this post:

Curl
Osiris Wife
SuperStar
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 1867
Monday, July 13, 2020 - 5:43 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

PurpleStarGirl said 
And I kind of do wish that this site had a chat room or private messaging system. It would make it easier to continue topics on threads without clogging them up. And I feel kind of bad for doing that so I apologize for that.

Simply create a new topic called PurpleStarGirl and post there.

The following users say thanks to Osiris Wife for this post:

soup, Opalina
Soph-tee-clees
Sun
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 793
Monday, July 13, 2020 - 4:26 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

There’s an asteroid named Saruman! (418532)

It is exactly conjunct my Mars. Less than one degree! 

And also, on my earlier post, Amazon Prime Video is awesome! Hacksaw Ridge is one of the best films I’ve ever seen! Watched it yesterday.

The following users say thanks to Soph-tee-clees for this post:

Hades Moon
Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Tuesday, July 14, 2020 - 7:57 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yesterday, I dropped off garden stuff with a homeschooling mother with six kids who don’t have a tv. I grew up without a tv, myself, so I relate.

Imagine my surprise when she mentioned the child-trafficking scandal. They’re in lockdown.

I proceeded to clue her into a number of other things, so she can prepare herself and her children.  This is just can’t be denied or contained, much longer. I was really suprised.

Hades Moon, dolce, Soph-tee-clees, Warped by Wuthering Heights, strawb.
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 1202
Currently Online: blaxklilith
Guest(s) 103
Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Newest Members:
Mary A
Castleflower
before_the_dawn
Forum Stats: