Notifications
Clear all

Jukebox 2023

Allie
Topic starter
(@allie120)
Reputable Member

Here’s a new thread!

This song is one I heard when I was much younger. I don’t remember how old. It could have been late teens, maybe around 20. I had a clock radio. In fact, that was one thing each of us had in my family. I loved it because even as a preteen, I loved to roll that a.m. dial around in the middle of the night, the radio tucked under the covers so it wouldn’t wake my little sister, and try to pick up places far away. I don’t exactly remember the circumstances when I first heard this song, but I loved it. And at the time, it wasn’t as easy as googling the title (which I happened to catch!) and musician. Lots more sleuthing back in the late 70’s early 80’s and beyond unless you had a reliable source. I didn’t. But one day I found it on YouTube and iTunes. There’s mixed feelings about that, don’t you think? I’m glad I found it. But maybe a richer experience would have happened had I had someone to help me? Interesting to ponder…

Anyway, I’m sure many of you know this, 74 Miles Away. It has enchanted me since I heard it the first time. And popping up again on my playlist, I hear layers, and textures, and tension…so rich!

135 Replies
Libra Noir
(@libra-noir)
Estimable Member

Just one from the recesses of my memory bank because it’s so great. 

1 Reply
Allie
(@allie120)

Reputable Member

@libra-noir 😃 haven’t heard that in so long!

(@sirena-oceana)
Trusted Member

I love this song. Especially when she goes “Why are you so petrified of silence? Here can you handle this??” Then the music goes silent and picks back up again. Gives me goosebumps.

1 Reply
(@acerolachip)

Eminent Member

@sirena-oceana such a throw back thanks

(@sirena-oceana)
Trusted Member

(@sirena-oceana)
Trusted Member

(@sirena-oceana)
Trusted Member

One of my husbands favorite artists we are listening to tonight. Pretty awesome 

Page 1 / 13
Scroll to Top