Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Juke Box 2023!

Allie
(@allie120)
Reputable Member

Beautiful song…poignant πŸ˜”. I love to watch people play instruments.

1 Reply
Allie
(@allie120)

Reputable Member

But I’m making bread. This is on my Making Bread playlist lol

Allie
(@allie120)
Reputable Member

Ah yes…another one I love.

1 Reply
Allie
(@allie120)

Reputable Member

I just want to be not what I am today

Β 

That was me 2012-2014…Pluto transit over my Venus and Mercury in my 5H. Β 

Allie
(@allie120)
Reputable Member

Here’s another one that I listened to a lot during that time. I love this song. Look at the people. Listen to how the guitars ring. Listen to him sing. It’s like hearing circles, a circling, an eddy that can suck you away. It’s a song of pulling and struggle. I’m making bread, sustenance, while the expression of music washes over me, the way we all can live of, in, and from it. (The music just takes me back big time and I’m in a contemplative state of mind today, apparently 😬).

1 Reply
Allie
(@allie120)

Reputable Member

Ok, they’re loops, not circles. These are times when I wish there were dimensional ways of expression, like pulling words and mind-drawing from your mind, into space so that people can understand.

Allie
(@allie120)
Reputable Member

I was just thinking about how some music I love is written from a place of much pain. And I can feel that pain, while not having experienced those same struggles. It’s as if there are two sides, one side from which those who know these things, and the other, where observers are on the other side of a window, looking in.Β 

I’ve not had that feeling with drug addiction. Maybe a little with my father’s drinking. I did feel this window analogy with my cancer diagnosis in 2005. Different windows, different two-way mirrors, different rooms, for different experiences, I guess.Β 

Allie
(@allie120)
Reputable Member

So my husband sent me this song link on YouTube. Maybe you’ve heard of this singer.Β 

My husband is a brainiac PhD, very attractive, super fit at 61, who can hunt and gut a deer, replace an engine in a car, build a shed, but also buys things like chafing dishes and makes appointments for mani/pedis for him and his wife as an early birthday gift (we did that today). World traveler who goes native when he’s traveling, knows what it’s like to live on welfare and fight his own battles.

I’ve known people who only know that he’s a PhD and couldn’t believe he hunts and guts a deer, looking like a professor.

Of course, I’ve been to family holidays where we’ve had shooting contests (paper plate targets).Β 

Β 

3 Replies
Allie
(@allie120)

Reputable Member

Also, I laughed my ass off.

(@warped)

Estimable Member

@allie120Β 

That's hilarious!

Allie
(@allie120)

Reputable Member

@warped 🀣

Allie
(@allie120)
Reputable Member

It’s Mat Best, former U.S. Army Ranger and co-founder of Black Rifle Coffee. I like that coffee πŸ‘

Page 2 / 6
Scroll to Top