The new moon in Virgo will take place in the early morning on August 27th at four degrees. The sun and moon with square Mars in Gemini, also at four degrees. There is a lot that can go wrong here and in fact it’s already quite spicy!
You can expect to encounter verbal and mental challenges of any and all kinds. This is not automatically negative but it can get that way in an instant. As an example, you might say something on impulse (Mars in Gemini), that harms a person or hurts their feelings (sun and moon). This can be deliberate but not necessarily. It’s like running a red light. Sometimes you push it but other times, you realize what’s happening as you sail through the intersection.
You might want to be careful but you may also want to not sweat the small stuff during this period. These are Mutable signs. There are countless ways this energy can be expressed.
You don’t even need to play up against another. You can challenge yourself, instead. If I opt to write something difficult, I don’t have to involve you or harm you.
It’s also possible to nitpick yourself or others under this new moon. That rarely goes well, however there are situations where a person with the skill to scrutinize something and find all flaws is in high demand. You can try (Mars) to discern (Virgo). In fact, that would be a good use of this energy. Hone your skills of perception.
This should be interesting as there will be little to no hesitation when it comes to mental processes. Matter of fact, Mercury (rules the mind) will be opposing Jupiter in Aries.
Virgo helps and fixes. If you can aim in this direction, you can get a good result. Here are some ideas based on the house in your chart where the new moon falls.
- New Moon in the 1st house – Double Mars influence here – don’t wait to be asked – offer to help.
- New Moon in the 2nd house – Fix your finances, work out a budget, scrutinize your spending. Do the same with your possessions. Lean and mean!
- New Moon in the 3rd house – Lots of chatter and/or writing. Fire! Solve puzzles. Possible bickering.
- New Moon in the 4th house – Going to have to clean the house. Er… just do it!
- New Moon in the 5th house – Creative writing or ideas, helping children have fun or be creative.
- New Moon in the 6th house – Driven at work. Try to be a leader rather than a bully.
- New Moon in the 7th house – Assist your partner. *hint – people rarely like to be criticized.
- New Moon in the 8th house – Potential trigger. If so, figure out where you tripped and heal the problem.
- New Moon in the 9th house – Learning and teaching, ramped up. Try not to shove your beliefs down other people’s throats.
- New Moon the 10th house – Set an example of do-gooding.
- New Moon in the 11th house – Help your friends. Offer to serve some social cause.
- New Moon in the 12th house – Active dream life. Serve or suffer so hey! How about serve?
Where does the new moon fall in your chart? How will you channel this energy?