Forum

What Trends Would Y...

Notifications
Clear all

What Trends Would You Like To See End In 2021?

Vesta
(@vesta)
Estimable Member

Oooo....I have a good one.

Shitty 'Legitimate Interest' cookie settings, which is just an underhanded way of selling user info. Its vile.

jana
 jana
(@jana)
Reputable Member

Big Tech and Mainstream Media Censorship. Break up the BT companies and repeal Section 230. Stop watching MS crap.

NotMyCircus
(@notmycircus)
Honorable Member

1.  Calling some of us "essential workers". Seriously, STOP IT. This creates resentment in those who are deemed "nonessential workers and makes them feel worthless. We are all essential workers.

Okay, here's a more accurate term: Disposable workers. That's what we were before COVID and what we are now. That hasn't changed. We have been risking our health every day serving the public since this pandemic started. Many "essential workers" don't have sick leave. Many of us never got hazard pay--in the case of healthcare workers, exposure to disease is an occupational hazard. If we get seriously ill, become disabled or die, we'll be forgotten very quickly at work, and swiftly replaced. We are DISPOSABLE--cogs in a wheel. 

2.  Calling frontline workers "heroes". I'm pretty sure many of them see right through that BS, especially if it comes from their hospital administrators. Call them what they are now: Sacrificial lambs. In the spring, the public was hailing them as heroes--now they just think "You signed up for this". The fact that some hospitals are now asking their asymptomatic COVID+ nurses to continue to work (while denying family members the right to don PPE and visit their loved ones in the hospital makes no sense. Now the staff who have managed to dodge the virus until now will likely get it, since there is no way these infected nurses can avoid contaminating common areas on their way to and from the units they work on. 

Sorry if this offends anyone. Rant over (for now)!

1 Reply
Vesta
(@vesta)

Estimable Member

@notmycircus I hear you and it angers the hell out of me. I was taught to hold teachers, doctors and nurses in the highest regard. It makes me furious to see our societies treat them the shittiest.

Eleanor D
(@eleanor-d)
Trusted Member

Masks. 'Social distancing' (two words which together present one of the finest examples of cognitive dissonance I've ever encountered). Manipulation of the masses by the media, government, Big Tech.... Divide-and-conquer social movements. Demonisation of the rational....

NotMyCircus
(@notmycircus)
Honorable Member

People telling each other to "wake up".

Seriously, stop it. You are not going to open anyone's eyes by preaching at them or even grabbing and shaking them with a pleading look like, "Are you stupid or something?!!" I've seen people go on social media and use this phrase in reference to the pandemic, to politics, whatever (on both sides of any issue).

It's condescending, sorry if that upsets anyone. Do you enjoy being scolded to "wake up"? I don't. I feel like channeling Madea when people do that. "I'm WOKE, I've BEEN woke, cock-a-doodle-DOO, bitch!!"

Can we pleeeeease stop treating each other like children. 

dolce
(@dolce)
Reputable Member

Victim mentality. Stop expecting someone else to save you. Stop expecting the government to rock you to sleep at night, scold your perceived bullies, and to give you money. Pretty please.

Page 2 / 4