Forum

Wacha' Doin' 2022

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Wacha' Doin' 2022

la_sirena
(@la_sirena)
Reputable Member

So can’t wait for Mercury to go direct! I’m tired of reflecting and ready to get moving and get things done!

la_sirena
(@la_sirena)
Reputable Member

$130 to fill up my tank today. And that was with the cheap gas, in the suburbs at that. I don’t know how we’re all going to live…we should all be getting raises to accommodate for this bs? I mean wtf. 😵‍💫

5 Replies
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@la_sirena OMG  I was thinking the price of gas will be what "locks people down" this fall.

jana
 jana
(@jana)

Reputable Member

@elsa 

Yes, good point. The cost of everything--eating out, entertainment might be locking us down. 

JoFrance
(@jofrance)

Reputable Member

About a month and half ago I bought home heating oil. It was $5 a gallon, so to fill my almost 300 gallon tank it would cost almost $1500, close to double what it always was in the past. I was only able to afford to get 100 gallons at that time. I usually fill up my oil tank 3 or 4 times over the winter but I won't be able to afford it anymore if the price of oil doesn't come down.

Between that and overall inflation on everything you want to buy or do, the future looks very tough for all of us unless something changes. I love your picture, La Serena, of washing the tiny bowl of fruit. That says it all.

Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@jofrance I'm so sorry.

la_sirena
(@la_sirena)

Reputable Member

@jofrance ugh, this is insane. And with the price of cars right now, I’m not sure it’s worth getting something more fuel efficient. We’re all screwed no matter what.

la_sirena
(@la_sirena)
Reputable Member

And it’s sad how accurate this is.. I spent about $60 on *just* fruit the other day 🥹

I bought cherries that were $10. I just really wanted cherries. 😭 

B8514472 16FC 48D2 BA83 72515E3FAE05

TBB
(@tbb)
Eminent Member

My astrology loving aunt passed away a couple of weeks ago. Sadly, she had dimentia and it all happened so quickly. My mom (her sister) and she didn't speak for years while I was growing up, so I really only started getting to know her in my 20s. I had no idea she was into astrology. Maybe it is genetic. 🙂 It was really cool to converse with someone in real life who understood astrology though, and I even gifted her with one of Elsa's lunar return reports one year (she had a lot of Cancer). She promised me all of her astrology books, and when my cousin was cleaning out her house after my aunt went to live in a care facility, she sent me about a dozen books. I flipped through a few, with opening remarks that date back to the 1930s! She leaves me a legacy in books, and in the trees I am having planted in her memory. Has anyone read any of these? Any thoughts or recommendations?

IMG959507 20220322 145002
IMG959508 20220322 145002
IMG959506 20220322 145002

5 Replies
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@tbb I'm sorry for your loss. You've got some good books there!

TBB
(@tbb)

Eminent Member

@elsa Thank you. She had that Mars conjunct Jupiter we are all feeling, but in Leo. She took no sh1t and roared about it! She was very cool, a real greaser in the 50s when she was a teenager. Rode motorcycles for years, 4 kids, countless different kinds of pets, and knew astrology. She was her own person and I'll miss her.

Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@tbb I'm glad you got to know her as it seems you're her legacy!

JoFrance
(@jofrance)

Reputable Member

@tbb

I have some of the same books, TBB. Planets in Transits and Planets in Youth by Robert Hand, a brilliant Astrologer. I met him once at a seminar back in the '80s and he was a very serious-minded person and so interesting to listen to.

My goto book is Planets in Transit. I think its Robert Hand's greatest work.

TBB
(@tbb)

Eminent Member

@jofrance thanks for the insight. I am looking forward to reading it. There is another not pictured that I started first, Star Signs for Lovers by Liz Greene. She was one of the names I recognized from references on these boards!

Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

The Stephen Arroyo books are great!

JoFrance
(@jofrance)
Reputable Member

If you keep nothing else keep that book.

Page 70 / 73