Notifications
Clear all

Wacha' Doin' 2022

Page 11 / 20

Rapunzelsoldierfish
Registered
(@rapunzelsoldierfish)
Reputable Member

My dad currently has Neptune on his Mars and single and trying to date. I think this is manifesting via him getting really enthusiastic about women he is talking with, and then he loses confidence in the situation and backs off. Something looked great and he was all in, then one weird thing revealed itself and that was that. 

Libra Noir
Registered
(@libra-noir)
Prominent Member

Just started reading Healing Pluto Problems by  Donna Cunningham. How have I not read this before?! It’s fantastic. I’m sure you all know about it. I’m late to the game as usual (Saturn prominence here.) 

It’s published by Weiser. They seem to have the best books on the topics I enjoy. They tend to understand esotericism and are really keen on who and what to publish. Small selection but all really potent material. Theres Llewellyn too. Their books seem more “metaphysics for the masses” to me and they kind of seem to throw things together a bit haphazardly but some of it is ok especially the older books. Inner Traditions has some super interesting books on really varied subjects but all seem to be really well researched and well edited. I believe all three of these companies produce cards as well, at least with a daughter company. 

1 Reply
la_sirena
Registered
(@la_sirena)

Reputable Member

@libra-noir 

yes, I refuse to get rid of this book. Mine is literally tattered. Great one for sure.

edit for spelling

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)
Noble Member

Jaw on the floor today.  At least I'm not bored.

la_sirena
Registered
(@la_sirena)
Reputable Member

I really love this old song. My dang Venus/Neptune is such a hopeless romantic. Sad little sucka. You guys with heavy Neptune understand.

2 Replies
Rapunzelsoldierfish
Registered
(@rapunzelsoldierfish)

Reputable Member

@la_sirena I had chills the whole time while listening! I saw this one time years ago and remember it having an effect on me too. I have a good handful of Neptune aspects in my chart

la_sirena
Registered
(@la_sirena)

Reputable Member

@rapunzelsoldierfish I know right, the song gives me the chills too and makes me cry! A truly beautiful song!

VDN
 VDN
Registered
(@vdn)
Estimable Member

I have a cold and lil fever. Not getting tested as of now. doesnt feel like rona... feels more like common flu.

the new guy and me were supposed to meet tomorrow but i cancelled it... he was kind and considerate about it... but he mentioned something: 'health and family first'. This statement about family first made me lil bit scared. Indian families are expert narcissists and guilt trippers. Will he then choose his family over me?

This effing statement triggered me a lot. I wanted to lash out at him and make some snarky comment on how 'blood is thicker' and he would prefer his parents over me when the time came --- By God's grace I HELD BACK. I WAS SO CLOSE to getting into a fight. I am sure if I had made that comment it would definitely led to a misunderstanding and even a break up. 

(been hearing this statement 'family first' from a lot of ppl even when my dad was sick... and i never completely agreed with it but did my duty towards them anyway... without claiming that am putting 'family first'!!)

What do you all think about 'family first'?

6 Replies
Libra Noir
Registered
(@libra-noir)

Prominent Member

@vdn Oh man, I wouldn’t go into a mental tailspin about it or read too much into it. I’d make a practice of checking that kind of mentality because it’ll make you miserable. 

And plus, I think it’s a nice sentiment! Ya, family first. To me, that’s saying that if you two end up getting married that he will put you and your kids first. That’s how I would take that at this point. But I wouldn’t draw any conclusions at all yet. You just met the dude. Get to know him- don’t project. 

VDN
 VDN
Registered
(@vdn)

Estimable Member

@libra-noir Thank you so much for smacking on my head and turning my viewpoint 180 degrees... really appreciate it. 

i do not know why i project so much.. and how i can stop it.

i practically averted a disaster by not lashing out at him... he did reply to my message by saying that he also has received a lot from non-blood-related associations... and then we shared some virtual hugs...

Dear God--- please be by my side and teach me how to walk to navigate this challenging aspect of my life.

la_sirena
Registered
(@la_sirena)

Reputable Member

@vdn yes, I was also going to say if I had said that to someone I really liked it would be so they knew my family values, especially if I were hoping to have a family with the person someday. 
And if they had responded the way you did I would be scratching my head wondering why such an over reaction to a simple sentiment. That would have been something I’d expect someone to read between the lines automatically. Then again I could understand your concern culturally speaking... just not sure that would be an issue, I’d have to get know the person.

I wouldn’t worry about it, just let it go. Do you have Virgo??

VDN
 VDN
Registered
(@vdn)

Estimable Member

@la_sirena culturally yes we belong to different castes... probably that is why I got triggered... but even then it is too early to think of marriage etc but because of my neptune I dream (day+night) a lot... we definitely discussed marriage only when we have known each other long enough and if the relationship grows in that way... durin this dicussion he did say caste is not a problem... but what i sensed is that neither of us have typical indian family values.. but i have a desire for marriage more than him... and his pluto is going to transit his natal sun in 2-3 years at which point he will anyways be a changed man... so stopped thinking about definite things like marriage despite the desire... at this point just want love and companionship..

i have virgo 8th house... no planets... but south node, lilith, vertex are there... along with asteroids such as nessus and thereus

la_sirena
Registered
(@la_sirena)

Reputable Member

@vdn Pluto transit doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll change his feelings for you though

VDN
 VDN
Registered
(@vdn)

Estimable Member

@la_sirena thanks.. good to know

VDN
 VDN
Registered
(@vdn)
Estimable Member

I wrote this instead of lashing out directly:

Thanks. I appreciated it. But I personally value genuine friends and my source of income as much as I value my health and family. Blood is thicker for sure (esp in India) but the way my life was designed by God, I got more from those who were not my family by blood.

9 Replies
Rapunzelsoldierfish
Registered
(@rapunzelsoldierfish)

Reputable Member

@vdn  I think this is respectfully put. Thank GOODNESS you held back because we know he meant well.

Even though he responded kindly to your message, I wonder if he may have been taken aback by a somewhat drawn-out statement, much larger in proportion to his simple "family first." I get that that "family first" phrase is very loaded for you - it carries a different weight for you personally and there's definitely that cultural aspect as well. Echoing what the others have said, I would say try not to see too far into something that was put very innocently by him. Sometimes people just say something, anything, just for the sake of having a response to offer and make the other feel heard.

Also, it might be a good idea to get a handle on some possible overthinking tendencies.  I get told often that I'm overthinking something, by my boyfriend. When he tells me this, I have no idea that I was doing such a thing. It's a bit of a blindspot! 

VDN
 VDN
Registered
(@vdn)

Estimable Member

@rapunzelsoldierfish yes... thanks for the conversation... i completely agree that I need to take a chill pill...

sophiab
Registered
(@sophiab)

Reputable Member

@vdn I'm curious, is he a Cap or Aqua..? you mentioned a Pluto Sun conjunction in a few years. The comment he made felt Cap, taking on board responsibilities, being practical.

VDN
 VDN
Registered
(@vdn)

Estimable Member

@sophiab He is Aquarius Sun as per his birth date. I do not know his birth time yet. His aquarian nature comes out more strongly in his career choices than his relationship choices. He has had the same transits like I have Pluto-Cap etc just in different houses. I see a strong imprint of these transits in his life. He talks about death a lot. (I do too). Neither of us wants kids. We both want to live in a quiet isolated place with dogs. Both our dad's are sick and in their sickness, we have developed good relationships with them.

There is a high possibility that there will not be a traditional marriage with this man and I have to talk to myself if I can live with that.

We have heard the same eccentric songs (more than a few) from ages ago and have no clue how that happened considering neither of us knows anyone else with similar interests in music.

VDN
 VDN
Registered
(@vdn)

Estimable Member

In fact, I had aquarian tendencies before Pluto grounded me made me face family responsibilities. There might be some of that playing out for him as well. 

sophiab
Registered
(@sophiab)

Reputable Member

@vdn You could make a thread with the charts, if you feel like it. Aquas have that tradition-future tension going on with the Saturn-Uranus rulership, which in a sense we are all feeling/experiencing with the sky being dominated by Saturn square Uranus. How to embrace the new whilst also maintaining something old, structural. If he is very 'different' he may have had to hide that too within family/culture/society (structural) so perhaps is wondering how much difference to reveal to you without getting rejected (Saturn creates fear) Your wanting to tell him your strong opinion/response about family may be connected to his own urges to break barriers. It's finding a way to articulate it comfortably, but if there has been pressure to hide, that pressure shows up around the subject. In some ways it's a good thing you felt so worked up, it reveals you were both touching on an important topic. I'm sure you will explore it as you get to know each other more. As you mentioned before it's about taking the risk to trust.

VDN
 VDN
Registered
(@vdn)

Estimable Member

@sophiab I do not have his birth time. I will think about a private consult when it comes to that. But for now, it's too early. 

The new-old tension is very high with him. He had a 5 year live-in in India... and that itself is not very common.

He is definitely secretive. But he tells me he will tell me later and is not necessarily trying to hide. He is careful about what he reveals... maybe he cares about what I think... which is good. 

But all of the above is ME as well. 

sophiab
Registered
(@sophiab)

Reputable Member

@vdn It's good to share similarities because you can understand the other person more.

VDN
 VDN
Registered
(@vdn)

Estimable Member

@sophiab Thanks Smile

Page 11 / 20