Unity 2020: A way forward?  

Page 1 / 4

jana
 jana
Registered
(@jana)
Reputable Member

Hi folks,

This is a link to a new political party proposal that has any chance of working because it avoids the "splitting the party" effect that all third party candidacies have had in previous elections. It proposes a third  party ticket comprised of a president and vice-president: one from the center-left and one from the center-right. They agree to govern together, making decisions together. A coin flip determines which one is president and which one is the VP. In the next election they switch jobs and the VP becomes president.  I know this sounds pretty weird at first, but the deadlocked polarized situation we have been in does. not. work.

https://medium.com/@ArticlesOfUnity/the-articles-of-unity-f544f930d336

I'm curious if anyone has come across this and what they think.

Thanks

17 Replies
Buendia
Registered
(@buendia)
Honorable Member

I’ve been praying for this, or something like it, and recently listened to a podcast where Bret Weinstein proposed the same thing. 

Going to look further into this. I’ve felt that if something like this were to happen, this is the year. I’m sure that’s not unique to me. Have been feeling an upset on the horizon, unrelated to the things already going on (or maybe initiated by things going on).

Now is not the time for cynicism or to dig ones heels in for the old way.

jana
 jana
Registered
(@jana)
Reputable Member

Yes!, that's where I saw it. He sent you to that link and asked people to sign up!

Buendia
Registered
(@buendia)
Honorable Member

Oy... my aversion/handicap towards technology is way too real...

a film glazes over my eyes and ears at the first slightest hint of bleeps and bloops...

jana
 jana
Registered
(@jana)
Reputable Member

LOL Yah it's a big doc. If you like the main premise and have confidence in Bret Weinstein's integrity ( I do in spades), then you can scroll to the bottom and add your email. They are using it to demonstrate interest in the concept so they can get some potential candidates on board. 🙂

Page 1 / 4
Share: