Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Random Thoughts Thread
Rant, post tweetables, quotes, little sayings and thoughts that don't warrant an independent thread.
anonymoushermit
Celestial sphere
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 3101
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 10:15 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Charpy said
eek_gif    Love the new artwork of the forums page!!   

I agree. The artwork fits precisely, and well, with the vibe of this forum, blog, and the energy of this site.

The following users say thanks to anonymoushermit for this post:

Charpy, allie120, Poppy
Elsa
Planets in shy.
Admin
Forum Posts: 28948
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 11:07 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you! 🙂

The following users say thanks to Elsa for this post:

Charpy
NotMyCircus
northeast Georgia
Milky Way
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 5289
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 5:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tonight I’m shopping for makeup. Normally I almost never wear it. Funerals and interviews and weddings, that’s it. Didn’t need it. Or so I thought.

Now I’m in my early 40’s and feeling a definite lack of confidence about moving my life forward. It’s like there’s a block. The other day I think I felt it. I was at Plato’s Closet Monday evening to sell some of ST’s trendier clothing. (For those who don’t know, it’s a consignment shop for teens and twentysomethings.)  ST was pretty brand-conscious–Nautica, Nike, Tommy Bahama, Ralph Lauren. He had about two bags worth of clothing that I thought would make the cut, and a Nautica leather jacket he never wore. Plato’s Closet accepted 95% of it!! eek_gifOk, I’m impressed–he was in his 40’s and stylin’. cool

Anyway, while I was in there, people were nice to me and everything–but boy did I feel funny in there. I felt more exposed with a bare face at Plato’s Closet than I did at a nudist club with a bare butt! Weird, huh? 

Saturn’s turned direct in my 1st house and will soon square my 10th house Libra Sun. I feel Saturn forcing me to look at reality. And the reality is that I will likely have to polish up my everyday look NOT for others–but for me. I need to feel confident in the world again.

Another thing that I’m becoming very aware of is that I will have to relearn how to apply makeup–as a mature woman. The last time I taught myself to apply makeup was as a 14-year-old, from magazines. What works on a teenager looks ridiculous on a 40-year-old. I’m out of makeup, except for tinted lip balm, so I’m starting with a clean slate. I tried to just pick up makeup at the drugstore this evening like I always did, but quickly felt lost in there. Ulta’s right around the corner. They’re pricey, but maybe they can help.

The following users say thanks to NotMyCircus for this post:

Poppy
NotMyCircus
northeast Georgia
Milky Way
Limited Access
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 5:47 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh yeah, one major difference with makeup this time–I want my face freckles to SHINE. The first time I learned to apply makeup, I did the porcelain face look–you know, heavy foundation. 

After being complimented on my freckles twice–I want to let them show even through makeup, not cover them up, you know?

allie120, Warped by Wuthering Heights, Poppy
allie120
Galaxy
Members

Limited Access
Forum Posts: 4709
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 7:00 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

NotMyCircus said
Tonight I’m shopping for makeup. Normally I almost never wear it. Funerals and interviews and weddings, that’s it. Didn’t need it. Or so I thought.

Now I’m in my early 40’s and feeling a definite lack of confidence about moving my life forward. It’s like there’s a block. The other day I think I felt it. I was at Plato’s Closet Monday evening to sell some of ST’s trendier clothing. (For those who don’t know, it’s a consignment shop for teens and twentysomethings.)  ST was pretty brand-conscious–Nautica, Nike, Tommy Bahama, Ralph Lauren. He had about two bags worth of clothing that I thought would make the cut, and a Nautica leather jacket he never wore. Plato’s Closet accepted 95% of it!! eek_gifOk, I’m impressed–he was in his 40’s and stylin’. cool

Anyway, while I was in there, people were nice to me and everything–but boy did I feel funny in there. I felt more exposed with a bare face at Plato’s Closet than I did at a nudist club with a bare butt! Weird, huh? 

Saturn’s turned direct in my 1st house and will soon square my 10th house Libra Sun. I feel Saturn forcing me to look at reality. And the reality is that I will likely have to polish up my everyday look NOT for others–but for me. I need to feel confident in the world again.

Another thing that I’m becoming very aware of is that I will have to relearn how to apply makeup–as a mature woman. The last time I taught myself to apply makeup was as a 14-year-old, from magazines. What works on a teenager looks ridiculous on a 40-year-old. I’m out of makeup, except for tinted lip balm, so I’m starting with a clean slate. I tried to just pick up makeup at the drugstore this evening like I always did, but quickly felt lost in there. Ulta’s right around the corner. They’re pricey, but maybe they can help.  

Oooo! I love Ulta. They have drugstore type makeup as well as what is known as prestige makeup. If you sign up for the loyalty card (free, not a credit card), you can earn points/dollars. 

YouTube has tons of tutorials. Pinterest, too.

Honestly, I feel like I style myself with my feet 😐 It doesn’t always come natural to me and I had no base of learning as a teen. I feel uncomfortable doing others’ makeup or hair, unlike most of my friends. I just refer people to YouTube, as you can see.

But have fun and I’m excited for you!

The following users say thanks to allie120 for this post:

Poppy
allie120
Galaxy
Members

Limited Access
Forum Posts: 4709
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 7:05 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

My brother has Mercury in Leo. I just saw him shut down an insult with a subtle air of royalty. It would have made me shut up, too. 

My response to the offending party was like a sledgehammer 😐 Mercury in Capricorn. It was a calculated response based on emotion and not giving a fuck.

The following users say thanks to allie120 for this post:

Warped by Wuthering Heights
Tam
Gemini Sun Virgo Moon Gemini Rising
Milky Way
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 8654
Thursday, September 13, 2018 - 7:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

People have bought all of the sandwich bread at the grocery store. I laughed out loud when I saw the empty shelves. There is the normal amount of sandwich meat in that section, the same amount as usual of cheese and I don’t think anyone bought any hotdogs. I guess they are going to have bread between 2 pieces of bread.

The following users say thanks to Tam for this post:

chad, Poppy
chad
Fucking shit up since 1960
Constellation
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 2265
Thursday, September 13, 2018 - 8:35 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tam said
People have bought all of the sandwich bread at the grocery store. I laughed out loud when I saw the empty shelves. There is the normal amount of sandwich meat in that section, the same amount as usual of cheese and I don’t think anyone bought any hotdogs. I guess they are going to have bread between 2 pieces of bread.  

Man.  This is classic Tam.

“… bread between two pieces of bread.”

In the the 60’s this would be called “savings”…

The following users say thanks to chad for this post:

Tam, Poppy
Tam
Milky Way
Limited Access
Thursday, September 13, 2018 - 9:10 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

shiny-chicken Maybe they are going to be eating a lot of “mater sammiches” That is translated as a tomato sandwich for people that don’t talk funny.

allie120, Buendia, Warped by Wuthering Heights, Poppy
Tam
Milky Way
Limited Access
Friday, September 14, 2018 - 1:00 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

It just dawned on me that I have developed the same health issue as I had the last time Jupiter was in Scorpio. 

allie120
anonymoushermit
Celestial sphere
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 3101
Friday, September 14, 2018 - 5:05 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Following one’s intuition is sooooooo scary! shrug_gif shrug_gif shrug_gif

The following users say thanks to anonymoushermit for this post:

allie120
JoFrance
Zodiac
Members
Forum Posts: 2698
Friday, September 14, 2018 - 6:37 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

I hope everyone in the path of Hurricane Florence is hanging in there.  I know its hard.  We’re going to get the tail end of the storm in NJ next week.  By then it’ll probably just mean lots of rain and a little wind (I hope).

We’ve had so much rain in NJ in the past month.  I’ve lost 4 trees just this week alone.  I hear them falling in the woods and just pray its not anywhere near the house.

I remember Hurricane Sandy in 2012 in NJ.  We stayed at home during that storm.  It was just terrifying.  Then we lost power for 8 long days and there was no gas for the car out where I live.  It was cold too so we lived around the fireplace.  We would have left, but every hotel was booked for miles, even the dives.  It was the first time I spent time at a shelter showering and sitting on the floor charging my phone and laptop.  Power was a luxury.

The following users say thanks to JoFrance for this post:

allie120, Tam, Buendia, Opalina
NotMyCircus
northeast Georgia
Milky Way
Limited Access
Friday, September 14, 2018 - 6:57 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Last night, I caught a little black thing trying to creep along my crown molding near my bedroom! 

How typically Scorpio, lol.

allie120, Tam, JoFrance, anonymoushermit, Charpy, Poppy, Opalina, MissyB
Buendia
Planetary ruler
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 301
Friday, September 14, 2018 - 11:50 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I love animals. Though I grew up with dogs and love love them, and have one still, my love and appreciation grows more and more each day for cats. I’ve had one for a little over a year, and I’ve been loving it. She’s an Aries sun, to my moon in Aries in the sixth, the house of small animals! 

I’m house/catsitting right now. She’s a gorgeous long haired calico, and just the most precious sweet thing. The thing is, I believe I’ve discovered I’m a wee bit allergic. I think the Saturn transit all my stuff, including Neptune, is initiating some weird health stuff. Could be wrong, but this had popped up. 

After laying my head on a throw pillow here…I’m pretty stuffy lol. It’s not a big deal, just a little funny. They’re too cute and special, so totally worth it laugh

The following users say thanks to Buendia for this post:

Tam, Warped by Wuthering Heights, Warped by Wuthering Heights
Tam
Milky Way
Limited Access
Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 11:14 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Many heartfelt thanks to all the states that have sent crews to help North Carolina!!! heart

allie120, Poppy, Kumquat, MissyB
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 196

Currently Online: Thesecondphoenix
83 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Newest Members:

TauVirScorp

shera18