Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Random Thoughts Thread
Rant, post tweetables, quotes, little sayings and thoughts that don't warrant an independent thread.
Ann
Star
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 1425
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Monday, June 11, 2018 - 1:29 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tam said

I don’t know what my co-pay is for biopsy type things 🙁  Like for example if I go to the doctor tomorrow for a sinus infection I would not pay anything when I left the office, they would bill me for about $100. We do have flexible but normally I have no use for it except maybe glasses.   

Holy moly. That’s really expensive for a regulars doctors visit.  Do you have insurance through your job?

Maybe it varies by state or by what insurance you have.

For me, any doc visit is $30 and a ER visit is $200. If I have an MRI or something like that they can always bill me but I can always call and ask what the co-pay will be. Maybe try calling and asking?

Good luck!

The following users say thanks to Ann for this post:

Tam
Salamander
Star
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 1208
Monday, June 11, 2018 - 1:34 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry about the typo, Tam…I hope you don’t have any signs of breast cancer…

The following users say thanks to Salamander for this post:

Tam
NotMyCircus
northeast Georgia
Milky Way
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 5065
Monday, June 11, 2018 - 5:10 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tonight I’m watching Shane Dawson. WTF am I watching?!! He’s trying out weird cat toys with Cheeto and apparently there is such a thing as “cat weed”. Shane’s friend and husband both smoked a kitty joint but the cat just batted it around. 🐈  LMAO.  I think we all need a laugh tonight, so here ya go.

Tam
Gemini Sun Virgo Moon Gemini Rising
Milky Way
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 8168
Monday, June 11, 2018 - 5:11 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ann said

Holy moly. That’s really expensive for a regulars doctors visit.  Do you have insurance through your job?

Yes, my insurance is through work. We have different levels of coverage and since I don’t have any prescriptions or conditions that need monitoring I have the cheapest which is good until you need it. hahaha I forget now but last year I had to go to the emergency room and it was over $500 maybe $650 total but don’t hold me to that.

The following users say thanks to Tam for this post:

allie120, Kumquat
Kumquat
SuperStar
Members
Forum Posts: 1568
Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 9:52 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good thoughts and prayers your way, Tam. They say breast cancer is the most over tested disease and it provokes a lot of needless anxiety. Hopefully it’s nothing,  and they can use it going forward with your other one(s) as a baseline so they have a good picture of your normal results and cool it a bit in the future. It’s awful waiting, though. 

The following users say thanks to Kumquat for this post:

allie120, Tam, Poppy
Tonya
Sun
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 665
Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 1:49 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Prayers for you Tam and for your friend.

The following users say thanks to Tonya for this post:

allie120, Tam, Poppy
M300
Planetary ruler
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 242
Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 3:08 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Would anyone be interested in a long read about my past? Reason i ask is it will be as straight to the point and open as it can get and it may be a deeper look into certain things.

All my own doings which includes bad and my story. It will not be for the feint hearted or easily offended thats a pre warning.

🙂

Salamander
Star
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 1208
Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 2:55 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

@M300

If it can help you get it out of your system and resolve it, then sure. I’ll do what I can to help, as well as the rest of the EE community. 🙂

I think I’m finding my purpose…I saw some security positions involving hospitals and schools. The work culture (having a yang function in a yin environment, feeling like I can be a protective, but guiding presence) and schedules may be a better fit (though for hospitals, I only found one with a day shift in the area), but where I can manifest my intense, authoritative, but caring personality, and within my current strength levels. Considering that I feel equipped to help out in the face of the suicide epidemic, issues involving entitled behavior, and my experience handling emotionally disturbed people (including at the retail job I lost), I feel like this could really work. I know I’m at my best when I’m helping someone in distress, especially emotional distress, or if they’re dealing with a disgrace of some kind.

I quickly renewed my CPR/First Aid certification online so that I can apply today for that job.

Otherwise, I’m looking into freelance tutoring, and I see my biggest academic strengths are languages, earth science, and social studies (now all I need to do is retrieve my old SAT and GRE scores…). And then there are some secretarial and janitorial jobs that I feel are filler jobs, but the main draw is a day shift so that I can have time to work on my hobbies to be skilled for a long-term career.

The following users say thanks to Salamander for this post:

M300, Poppy
JoFrance
Constellation
Members
Forum Posts: 2497
Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 5:50 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tam said

I had to have a biopsy today to see if I have breast cancer. I don’t think for a moment that I have it but last time it cost me $5000 and I’m not thrilled about waiting until Thursday or Friday to see if I’m ok.

Also, a nice man at church that fixed my great grandfather’s banjo for me for just the cost of parts has bladder cancer. I received the email this morning. Such a nice man!   

Good luck, Tam.  I hope its benign and something that doesn’t need any further treatment.  I’ve had 5 biopsies, 3 that were surgical.  All of it was benign.  I’m considered a high risk for breast cancer because both my sisters had cancerous microcalcifications.  They are both okay after having them removed.  One needed radiation after the surgery and the other one didn’t.

I dread every time I have to go for a mammogram.  I’m going later in the month.  At least now that I’m older and have gone through Menopause, nothing much seems to be happening anymore.  Hallelujah.

The following users say thanks to JoFrance for this post:

Tam, M300, Kumquat
Tam
Milky Way
Limited Access
Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 7:28 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks, everyone! Still no word there were two other women having it done the same morning as myself so I don’t know if that slowed up sending off the results.

JoFrance I hadn’t seen your photo until recently and you look adorable! 

Kumquat, Tonya, allie120
M300
Planetary ruler
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 242
Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 9:24 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

3 hours and work is over.

3am lunch break lol.

The following users say thanks to M300 for this post:

allie120
Warped by Wuthering Heights
Constellation
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 2043
Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 9:59 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

(((Tam)))

Praying for a clean bill of health for you, and a quick cure and full recovery for your friend.  heartheartheart

The following users say thanks to Warped by Wuthering Heights for this post:

Tam, allie120, Poppy
anonymoushermit
Zodiac
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 2639
Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 4:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

M300 said
Would anyone be interested in a long read about my past? Reason i ask is it will be as straight to the point and open as it can get and it may be a deeper look into certain things.

All my own doings which includes bad and my story. It will not be for the feint hearted or easily offended thats a pre warning.

🙂  

I wouldn’t go too into detail. This is the internet, I would be careful with what I expose about myself. If you had a hateful/crazy/venomous ex that reads this forum…

MissyB
Creating my life according to Universal Laws
Planetary ruler
Members
Forum Posts: 379
Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 4:58 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m wearing a fly new outfit this evening. 

Feeling so hot tamale. I’m not gonna’ lie. wink

The following users say thanks to MissyB for this post:

allie120, Poppy
Tam
Milky Way
Limited Access
Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 8:07 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I wonder what became of her? I find myself wanting to wave back and simultaneously thinking of Janis Joplin

70s.JPG

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments

Poppy
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 196

Currently Online:
71 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Newest Members: