Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Random Thoughts Thread
Rant, post tweetables, quotes, little sayings and thoughts that don't warrant an independent thread.
ScottishFoldSoul
Star
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 1015
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 5:36 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congratulations Chad!

The following users say thanks to ScottishFoldSoul for this post:

chad
ScottishFoldSoul
Star
Limited Access
Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 5:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

anonymoushermit
anonymoushermit
SuperStar
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 1890
Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 6:37 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

ScottishFoldSoul said

I hope the cat's boundaries aren't violated, LMAO.

The following users say thanks to anonymoushermit for this post:

ScottishFoldSoul
Kumquat
Star
Members
Forum Posts: 1282
Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 9:08 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Anyone try a mypillow? I can never find a pillow I like. 

MissyB
Planetary ruler
Members
Forum Posts: 273
Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 10:41 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

The only safety life offers is the opportunity to gain the wisdom and strength to overcome ANYTHING.

Strigeidida
Moon
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 25
Monday, July 17, 2017 - 12:17 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I believe in soulmates--for everyone else.

The following users say thanks to Strigeidida for this post:

ScottishFoldSoul, Ann
Kumquat
Star
Members
Monday, July 17, 2017 - 12:48 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Say a prayer guys. About what, you may ask? Well I am about 5 ounces away from my goal weight for a weight loss bet. PRAY THAT ALL BODILY EFFLUVIA LEAVE MY BODY. Now, technically I have until Friday BUT I am swinging into PMS weight gain/constipation  at any moment. AND I have a ton of moving and college things to do before moving next week. I just need this to be on the "done" list. I joined the challenge when it was 2 weeks underway (so lost that time) because I'm optimistic like that. I had a slow two weeks at one point. I have doubled down the last week, watching carbs, eating below my daily calories for a boost. I MUST WIN MWAHHHH. 

I swear I will drink only no sugar coffee all day until my "system" is empty if I have to. ATM it's not budging. 

On a related note: in 90% of the things in life I'm not competitive. But certain things boy, I need to win. Any ideas for how to spread that to more areas of my life? I have a lot of Virgo and Scorp so discipline isn't a problem. 

Thanks for reading, have a nice day! 

The following users say thanks to Kumquat for this post:

ScottishFoldSoul, Ann, Tam, Teresina, blue_rose
ScottishFoldSoul
Star
Limited Access
Monday, July 17, 2017 - 5:48 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Kumquat maybe nix carbs and salt for a few days if you're not already?  I hope you hit it!

Tam
Elsa
Planets in shy.
Admin
Forum Posts: 27863
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
Monday, July 17, 2017 - 5:52 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good luck and great job!

The following users say thanks to Elsa for this post:

Tam, Kumquat
Ann
Star
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 1068
Monday, July 17, 2017 - 6:12 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

anonymoushermit said
I've had moments in my life where I'm convinced that God is watching over me. One guy at work, one time, called me a fat elephant, this was when I was very overweight. I was eating because of my depression, yada, yada, yada, etc, etc, etc, etc. 

The next day he showed up to work with a broken tooth. He had bitten something hard, a piece of food, or whatnot. He couldn't talk for a day. I took it as a sign that God was whacking him in the mouth for kicking me when I was down, I was very depressed during that time. I don't see it as 'karma', but as a sign and wink that God is watching over me.

That being said, it wasn't healthy for me to be that big at that time, or ever, but it's not polite to kick someone when they're down either.

That wasn't the only time God had sent me a sign that it wasn't okay for someone to treat me a certain way. I'm convinced there's a God, I'm not so sure about karma, but perhaps there are lessons someone has to learn, in order not to be a jerk to other people.

There is a God, and he watches over everyone. Maybe we don't always get what we want, but we sure as heck may get a wink and a hug from God, every once in a while.  

This happens to me often. I've always thought it's good karma because there's no other way I can explain this. 

Tam
Gemini Sun Virgo Moon Gemini Rising
Milky Way
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 7290
Monday, July 17, 2017 - 6:48 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Kumquat said
Say a prayer guys. About what, you may ask? Well I am about 5 ounces away from my goal weight for a weight loss bet. PRAY THAT ALL BODILY EFFLUVIA LEAVE MY BODY. Now, technically I have until Friday BUT I am swinging into PMS weight gain/constipation  at any moment. AND I have a ton of moving and college things to do before moving next week. I just need this to be on the "done" list. I joined the challenge when it was 2 weeks underway (so lost that time) because I'm optimistic like that. I had a slow two weeks at one point. I have doubled down the last week, watching carbs, eating below my daily calories for a boost. I MUST WIN MWAHHHH. 

I swear I will drink only no sugar coffee all day until my "system" is empty if I have to. ATM it's not budging. 

On a related note: in 90% of the things in life I'm not competitive. But certain things boy, I need to win. Any ideas for how to spread that to more areas of my life? I have a lot of Virgo and Scorp so discipline isn't a problem. 

Thanks for reading, have a nice day!   

Hot lemon water for bloating. If you think you are getting constipated take magnesium after dinner. Good luck!

The following users say thanks to Tam for this post:

Kumquat
Kumquat
Star
Members
Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 12:18 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks guys- will have to see tomorrow morning. My day was 600 cal, 21 g carbs and I ended it with peppermint tea and milk of magnesia. In other health news, I think I broke my baby toe. Dropped the sharp (sadly it's not the rounded type) edge of a pan lid directly on my toe and have a nice gash. Bleeding stopped, stiff and starting to look black and blue. We have college orientation end of the week and moving end of next week. Horrible timing. My deductible is so high I really don't have the money or the time to go get an X-ray and all that. I was so pissed that I ripped apart and old HEAVY computer desk to put in the trash Saturday. Screws, banging, lifting, literally ripping some things apart because the screws were tight. At 51 in a few months I was more savage than my son. My god what a day. 

Side note- its amazing how any upset doesn't last, I go straight into resignation. I rarely try to make sense of setbacks anymore, because it doesn't improve things. I know I'm complaining- but I've seen too many times examples that life isn't actually fair, for no rhyme or reason. Resentment gets you nowhere. 

Tam
Kumquat
Star
Members
Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 4:42 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I did it, lol. Thanks everybody heart

ScottishFoldSoul, Tam, blue_rose
ScottishFoldSoul
Star
Limited Access
Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 4:43 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congratulations Kumquat!! NOTHING beats having your body exactly how you want it when that's your goal.

Tam, Kumquat
ScottishFoldSoul
Star
Limited Access
Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 4:44 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hope your toe is not doing too bad.

Tam, Kumquat