Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Random Thoughts Thread
Rant, post tweetables, quotes, little sayings and thoughts that don't warrant an independent thread.
strawb.
Celestial sphere
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 3369
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 9:39 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

m1n1, I can see the virgoan attention to detail in your photography. 

The following users say thanks to strawb. for this post:

m1n1
Tam
Gemini Sun Virgo Moon Gemini Rising
Milky Way
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 7162
Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 6:49 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Why does it matter, or does it matter what the Ascendant is for New Moons or Full Moons where you live? 

The following users say thanks to Tam for this post:

allie120, WinterMoon
WinterMoon
Planetary ruler
Members
Forum Posts: 229
Monday, June 19, 2017 - 9:51 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tam said
Why does it matter, or does it matter what the Ascendant is for New Moons or Full Moons where you live?   

The ascendant Sign will approximate the houses in which the Moon cycles are, maybe. An ascendant Degree depends on accuracy, if you know your chart you would know exactly where it transits and if it makes aspects to your ascendant, if that is the reason for the question. If you were doing a local chart for those reasons, you would calculate the chart for that location for the Moon cycle and use that ascendant.

🌙

The following users say thanks to WinterMoon for this post:

allie120, Tam
m1n1
Planet
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 143
Monday, June 19, 2017 - 5:42 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thinking of a new or full moon chart like you would a solar return chart...

The placements in the return chart are significant in terms of where they overlay the natal or progressions, but the location of the native when the return happens is just as significant when it comes to the over-arching theme the return will deal with, which is governed by the ruler of the ascendant.

The natal house the new/full moon overlays tells much in terms of how the energy of the moon can best be utilized, but the ruling planet of the moon phase and where it's overlaid upon the natal and progressions might speak to the type of themes in life that will benefit from that maximized utilization.

In other words, utilizing a moon phase is about opening whatever doors there may be in order to welcome "destined" experiences.

Reading the chart of the phase/cycle would be like taking a peek behind those doors, and ultimately, the ruler of the phase chart is the gatekeeper and the native the keymaster.

Not that I would ever want to be a shape-shifting Rick Moranis, but you know...

Never really considered this before, just pulling thoughts out of my Uranus... so, technically, from my anus, not urs.

The following users say thanks to m1n1 for this post:

Tam
Tam
Milky Way
Limited Access
Monday, June 19, 2017 - 6:07 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks to both of you!

I guess I'm just not advanced enough for this information. Like, let's just talk about the New Moon in Cancer this week as an example. I know that it is in my first house conjunct my Jupiter but I'm not sure that the chart of the New Moon in Cancer has any significance to me that I can understand. 

Is the chart of the Cancer New Moon considered a mundane astrology thing? 

Poppy
strawb.
Celestial sphere
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 3369
Monday, June 19, 2017 - 8:46 pm

I *instantly* felt better when Moon went into Taurus today, suddenly my mood softened, whereas I was feeling aggro all morning. Moon going over Uranus in Aries in mutual reception to Mars in Cancer = yuck. 

I also then indulged in more sushi than I should but hey.... 

@Tam, personally I only pay attention to where it's falling in my own chart. But I look at the aspects of the new/full moon to get an idea of the energy overall. 

The following users say thanks to strawb. for this post:

Tam, Poppy
GTO
Sun
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 556
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 5:35 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Haven't heard of any corpse alerts lately, not that I'm bored or anything. I always like seeing who or what pops up, asking for seconds.

The following users say thanks to GTO for this post:

allie120
Caitlin
Moon
Members
Forum Posts: 49
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 5:52 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tam said
Thanks to both of you!

I guess I'm just not advanced enough for this information. Like, let's just talk about the New Moon in Cancer this week as an example. I know that it is in my first house conjunct my Jupiter but I'm not sure that the chart of the New Moon in Cancer has any significance to me that I can understand. 

Is the chart of the Cancer New Moon considered a mundane astrology thing?   

Tam, I suppose you could look at the New Moon chart as an event chart (descriptive of the moment) or a prognostic chart (predictive of the coming e.g. lunation cycle). The former requires a context in order to interpret what's described. You could take a mundane context if you have a place you want to check in on and look at the e.g. houses that way, like 1st as overall state, 2nd as material resources etc. Many other contexts to choose from, of course. The latter I would treat more like a solar return or similar, but more transient/surface -- of course, as it only applies to this ~28 days. So houses, axes, etc have the same interpretations as the natal. In this case it may also be revealing to use as a transit chart against your natal. Does that help?

The following users say thanks to Caitlin for this post:

Tam, allie120, Poppy
Tam
Milky Way
Limited Access
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 5:57 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks, Caitlin! 

It's just that it seems important especially this week because my Solar Return Moon is 4 Cancer, Natal Jupiter is 4 Cancer and my Progressed Mars is 4 Cancer. I'm over thinking it I'm sure with 5 Mercury ruled planets. shiny-chicken

Long story but this is the Gemini mascot shiny-chicken for any new people that we have.

allie120, WinterMoon, Poppy
Caitlin
Moon
Members
Forum Posts: 49
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 6:49 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

That's a great opportunity to take close notes then! An astrological field journal, of a sort. From that you can figure out what effects you see vs what you may have expected, which is always helpful exercise for astrologers.

Maybe you can categorize effects by planet, ie any Jupiter related effects, Mars related etc. Deborah Houlding has a very exhaustive list of planetary correspondences, and would be great reference material for this kind of exercise.

I'd love to hear what you notice, if you end up doing this 🙂

The following users say thanks to Caitlin for this post:

Poppy, Tam
WinterMoon
Planetary ruler
Members
Forum Posts: 229
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 10:18 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tam said...
It's just that it seems important especially this week because my Solar Return Moon is 4 Cancer, Natal Jupiter is 4 Cancer and my Progressed Mars is 4 Cancer. I'm over thinking it I'm sure with 5 Mercury ruled planets. 

Put the lunation chart around your natal chart and read it like transits, because it is a transit to you. Your natal planets receiving aspects from this lunation (Moon/Sun ) are conjunctions to Jupiter, squares to Saturn and sesquiquardrates to Neptune.

The sun/mercury midpoint of this lunation is on your natal Jupiter which could manifest as having optimistic positive thoughts and feeling good about learning, writing or teaching expressed through the self, maybe involving children (the locality lunation takes place in H5 giving a creative burst to the lunation along with a nurturing vibe that expresses itself through your natal first house of self where the energy of this lunation occurs). Good time to make travel plans or maybe writing or gathering/compiling a cookbook of family recipes or a family history, or things of that nature.

The natal chart represents you, the solar return is a transit on your Sun degree and it's Moon was part of the previous Gemini lunation cycle. The progressed Mars represents your progress in life regarding your energy level and combines with the lunation transit, emphasizing the positive energy directed toward yourself, your home and your family.

Lunation transits are a direct energy line between you, your location, the Moon and the Sun. The Moon and Sun move on but the lunation energy that triggers natal Planets can stay with us for a lunar month (appx 28 days) or more, depending on the energies.

A New Moon (aka lunation) chart, or any chart, can be used as a mundane chart when reading it for those purposes.

🌙

The following users say thanks to WinterMoon for this post:

allie120, Poppy, Tam
Kumquat
Star
Members
Forum Posts: 1258
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 4:15 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhhh things are easing up....!!

The following users say thanks to Kumquat for this post:

Poppy, Tam
Tam
Milky Way
Limited Access
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 6:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks, everyone! I will report back.

allie120
Galaxy
Members

Limited Access
Forum Posts: 4132
Friday, June 23, 2017 - 5:00 pm

I just skimmed a post by an amateur astrologer on Facebook who complied information by another astrologer and her own research to compile a list of what signs are more apt to be serial killers. I friggin hate this kind of generic shit. It's shallow. Only the sun sign was considered. 

This kind of information is why you get questions like, "Somebody told that because I have Uranus in the 7th, I'm going to be divorced!" *panic panic*

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing and spread by people like this. Definitely an ego thing.

The following users say thanks to allie120 for this post:

Tam, strawb.
Tam
Milky Way
Limited Access
Friday, June 23, 2017 - 5:10 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here is my report back on the New Moon in Cancer. Not what I expected.

I went to a military funeral procession, the soldier had been killed in the line of duty. It was really hard to watch, to be honest. It is like the ultimate reality/priority check. His mom looked right at me when they went by. I just wanted to show support for the family, it's not like there is anything that you can do to make things better. Before today I didn't really know about the group called Patriot Guard Riders but I appreciate them and their work. Their motorcycles sounded like a rolling wave of thunder coming toward us.

For me personally, I'm going to start swimming as an exercise for my arthritis. I called about a membership and I ordered a proper swimsuit today so I'm committed. This is a big deal because I have been terrified of water for years. One of my childhood friends is going to go with me. 

allie120, strawb.
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 196

Currently Online:
57 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Newest Members:

berny32

AnonymousAF