Random Thoughts Thr...

Notifications
Clear all

Random Thoughts Thread 2  

Page 613 / 616

la_sirena
Registered
Reputable Member

For the last two hours, my new neighbor has been screaming at his girlfriend calling her all kinds of filthy names, screaming at her to leave over and over and over again. Telling her she’s a whore and fat and that no one wants her etc.. telling her to sleep outside ... she is just crying. Their dog is crying 😢 

I feel so heartbroken and sad for her. I wish I could take her into my house and give her a big hug and a warm cup of tea or coffee. I would do it in a heartbeat if I didn’t fear this man myself. 

he actually just called the police on her  because she wouldn’t leave. 

what kind of piece of shit is this? I’ve actually been through this with my own husband. He used to do this exact same thing to me before I became more independent. And it’s giving me flashbacks and seriously making my heart break. 

I feel so sorry for their little dog... it’s just a puppy. I think she didn’t want to leave without the dog. I heard him come outside and say”you aren’t taking my dog” this guys voice is pure evil, I can’t even explain it. Disgusting.

9 Replies
CrisLondon
Registered

Reputable Member

@la_sirena

How stressful for her, the puppy and you...heartbreaking.

Hopefully she'll have family and friends who can help her in this difficult phase.

la_sirena
Registered

Reputable Member

@cris I hope so too, but having been there myself, people usually go back to this type of abuse. I hope she doesn’t come back. 

I told my husband about it and he actually said “she probably deserves it” I am disgusted with my husband right now. I can barely stand to be around him but in order to keep the peace, I have learned to detach and not say anything. I can’t believe his first thought was that she deserved it. Has he not learned anything? 

CrisLondon
Registered

Reputable Member

@la_sirena

Internalised sexism and misogyny can be hard to shake up clearly if one doesn't remain conscious/aware...all that programming that we (all humans) have been drinking in societal and/or familial environments since little in most countries in the world 🙁

Hope she doesn't return and starts, slowly, afresh somewhere else and safe.

PurpleStarGirl
Registered

Prominent Member

@la_sirena Wow. Is the dog his or is it hers? If it's hers, he has no right to keep it as the dog is not his property. However if it's his, then she has no claim to it whatsoever. It does sound like a sad situation otherwise.

My upstairs neighbors are the same as you described. The male partner of the woman is always putting her down and calling her names and we hear her sobbing and trying to apologize for whatever thing he accused her of doing wrong. Emotional abuse and gaslighting at its finest. And yes, that behavior is truly disgusiting. Some people just make no light of their own and suck it out of others who do.

la_sirena
Registered

Reputable Member

@purplestargirl yes it’s heart wrenching . The dog is his. I mean, they got it together but he probably paid for it. Sad for the dog as his owner is truly a piece of shit. I want to steal the dog from him and give it to a nice person. I mean, I know I can’t do that but I wish I could. 

Starrygirl
Registered

@la_sirena this is worrying. It's well recorded that abuse of family and pets often happen together. Please try to keep an eye on things, I don't know what services you have that can intervene but in the UK we have a dog rescue charity that works with refuge. Every area should maybe have a dog warden you could talk to confidentially. And surely there is a local branch of law enforcement. A visit from officers from an anonymous tip-off or online message might put him back in his box at least temporarily. She may not have anyone close by and can't face walking the streets with a puppy at night. Please try to think of an agency that could help without putting yourself in the frame.

strawb.
Registered

Prominent Member

@la_sirena

Really sad 🙁 

I hope she gets help and the strenght to not come back to what sounds like a very toxic relationship. 

Been seeing a lot of articles mentioning alarming increase in domestic violence cases since the pandemic and lockdowns started. People stuck together under stressful circumstances without their usual distractions, facing job uncertainty and financial strain... Its enough even to test the strongest couples. 

opalina
 opalina

@la_sirena call the landlords. This is disturbing the peace. If he is going to kick her out maybe he should go too. I have been in an abusive marriage. The best thing for her is for her to be removed from that environement so she can get her head on straight. A domestic violence shelter can help her.

Libra Noir
Registered

Noble Member

@la_sirena Poor thing. I was in her situation too, but with a child and two dogs. I hope she has an exit plan. I’m sure she is scared-I was.  

Libra Noir
Registered
Noble Member

My stepdad, Gemini Sun/Capricorn Moon is not going to live much longer. He has stopped eating and drinking (four days now with no fluids except mouth swabs) cannot speak, incontinent. He’s got all the signs according to the hospice nurse. It’s a matter of days. Thank God we have been able to keep him home or else he would die alone. It makes me sick to think that there are people who cannot be with loved ones when they are dying. Shame on those that deny someone such comfort and have the gall to call others selfish. 

Anyway, for a while now he has been saying things like “I want to die” and “I want to go home” and “I can’t take care of your mom anymore” (the poignancy of that last one get me in my heart space and the tears come). I’m sad and it came faster than I thought it would, even though it’s been a decline for five years (at least). I just don’t feel quite ready even though I know he is. 

Im trying to be there for my mom and of course trying to keep stepdad comfortable. 

His daughter is flying out. His son who lives here has not responded to messages that his dad will not live much longer. He’s going to have a lot of regrets. His business partner of forty years said that he “doesn’t have the balls to come say goodbye”. At least he could admit it. Crazy how peoples true colors come out. For me personally, I feel it’s an honor to be a part of, what I feel, is a sacred process. 

7 Replies
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin

Famed Member

((((((Libra Noir)))))))

PurpleStarGirl
Registered

Prominent Member

@libra-noir Sorry to hear this about your stepfather. May he have a peaceful transition.

CrisLondon
Registered

Reputable Member

@libra-noir

Sounds like he's ready. He and you are close at some special level.

It is a sacred thing to be there when someone dies. Good that he's with his loved ones and that you have the strength that you have despite your pain.

JoFrance
Registered

Prominent Member

@libra-noir, That's just heart wrenching. At the end of life, if you have no hope to ever live like you always did, its hard to find a reason to want to live. My father-in-law was like that. He was sick and in a rehab facility and he wanted to die because he knew he'd never get better. He was 87. Thankfully, you can be there to offer comfort to your Stepdad and Mom.

Prayers and comfort to you and your family. 

strawb.
Registered

Prominent Member

@libra-noir

I hope he has a peaceful transition, and as minimal suffering as possible. There seems to come a point where death is a welcome liberation for the souls journey through the physical body. God bless you and increase your strenght for helping and supporting your family through such a time, I bet your Scorpio Moon is there comforting and supporting in ways both seen and unseen. ❤️ 🙏 

Opalina
Registered

Honorable Member

@libra-noir I am so sorry Libra, I will say a prayer for you and your Mom.

NotMyCircus
Registered

Noble Member

@libra-noir He is lucky to have you there. ❤

Starrygirl
Registered

Strength and love to you Libra Noir.

Libra Noir
Registered
Noble Member

Thank you all for your thoughts. It means a lot.

It’s just kind of crazy.... like this is how it ends? I didn’t think it would be this peaceful. I mean of course he is still here, and I’m aware that our situation is ideal in many ways. I guess I was just expecting more drama overall. 

That’ll probably come when his daughter gets here tomorrow though lol. I haven’t asked but I bet a million bucks that she is Leo rising. She is very sweet but she is a lot. 

3 Replies
Warped by Wuthering Heights

Reputable Member

(((((@libra-noir)))))

May God bless your stepdad with a painless transition, and bless you all with peace and strength.  🙏❤🙏

TheVeryMostPaw
Registered

@libra-noir May the love of those of you who are with him at the end of his journey in this world act in a way that may lift up his soul and pass it along into the hands of his Creator. I was blessed to be able to be there with my mom and my fiance in the hospice room as my father spent his last night on earth. It was different than I had been preparing for my entire life and the difference was a surprise blessing I would have been too afraid to have prayed for because of the times when I was afraid that I might be punished for transgressions that were mine through the suffering or unhappiness of the people I love most in the world. I had gotten over that way of thinking by the time my dad was in his room with the Christmas tree I am looking at right now in my room 5 years later. He was showing the same signs as your stepdad and then the last last night, I knew it was the last one but my mom kept thinking he might just get a second wind, even though he was really tired and his body was just worn out and he'd been through the second wind and even a whisper of a third one before he slipped seamlessly into the sleep which comes before the exit. Yet he held on and I finally realized that I was probably the reason for this. I was very close to him and he was a good bit older than my friends' dads he was 53 when I was born and I had just had my 40th birthday a month before he left. I felt like whatever I had pulled on when I was a little kid and I would say to him please don't let me be alone, I don't want to ever leave us, and I don't want you to die unless I go first or we have a plane crash together, promise me because I am not done needing you..." And I just know that was the reason he held on some part of him was fighting with death in order to keep a promise to his little girl, and I pissed my mom off because I whispered to him that I was privileged to have had him for my father but I am not a little girl and I will take care of my mom and my boyfriend and I will not let her house go to ruin and I will always need my father but he can look after me from the other side and I will be okay with that if he has to go, I let him know how much his faith in God and love of reading helped fortify me for anything the world might throw my way, and I gave him a kiss and we left. We were walking in the house when my mom called me to tell me he was gone, and I remember exhaling a breath I had held in since I was a kid and I thought "now one of the worst possible situations you have worried about has come to pass and you're not in the same place as he is because of it, you lived through this apocalypse now you know what the Half orphaned child feels, let it make you kinder and not colder." Along came some minor drama when my half sisters flew in, the Gemini Leo moon Pisces rising who insists on it. But I realized that would be the last time I saw her and I had known that my entire life, I was more than fine with it. My other siblings are much better evidence of how good of a father he was. You know with your Scorp Moon and Scorpio energy what a gift and an honor it is to be present for this. How much he loves you all and I imagine he is so much more peaceful in the surroundings of his own life instead of alone among anonymous caregivers in some impersonal place. I just suddenly thought about people who are not able to go through this with loved ones in hospitals because of the covid, even if they are not infected with it and dying of any other cause of fatality we have always had to face before we knew that this virus existed, the loved ones in hospitals in non covid-19 wards are denied the gift you and I were given..... Oh, 12:11 EST presently my light fixture in this room is going crazy here flickering on and off then on then brighter than the wattage is supposed to be, I just mentioned it because it may be your Gemini stepdad if he has left yet but it could be my own dad who was an electrician and he does use the light in the dining room for communication... I'm just too far away from that room to know if it's busy so to speak. God bless you all.

Libra Noir
Registered

Noble Member

@theverymostpaw Wow, I can’t believe you mentioned the light flickering because that has been happening here the last few days (I live with them in their home). One light in the kitchen and one in his bedroom has been flickering. At first I just thought it was a lightbulb or the heater clicking on even though it’s never happened before that I can recall, but after a few days, I realized that I felt a PRESENCE when this happened. I think it’s an angel. It feels like a very kind and comforting presence, not cruel at all. I felt a similar presence in the room when my son was born. 

As far as your story, thank you for sharing and for the kind words. I can tell that your love for your father is powerful. 

PurpleStarGirl
Registered
Prominent Member

Oh god...said something to one of my guy friends that sounded dirty when it wasn't supposed to. And now I feel awkward after explaining it when he said he had no idea what I was talking about because he hasn't said a word. I want to go crawl under a rock now.

3 Replies
PurpleStarGirl
Registered

Prominent Member

Although I'm thinking he knew exactly what I was talking about and made me repeat myself for shits and giggles. I did admit that I felt mortified and he said I should and then proceeded to laugh. 

I promptly told him to bite me. And then laughed about it.

Sagittarians, especially of the Irish variety, are going to be the death of me.

TheVeryMostPaw
 TheVeryMostPaw

@purplestargirl my father was one of those Irish Sagittariarians I can kind of imagine when he was much younger and when I read this part I totally thought back to my very early childhood when my parents still had a thing for each other besides resentment.... He did used to kind of tease her to get her to do or say something that looked like she was doing something else or sometimes he just let her be herself and she would accuse him playfully of trying to make sure the world knew that she had two strikes against her from the start because she was Polish and she was blonde... 😆 It kind of became a joke about a joke that my mom was in the States for a good ten years before she learned that Polish jokes were like, a thing. But she was a sagittarius too and I remember one time she was saying "I don't get it that knock knock you are Polish you are not so bright? See it was not give and take to America with such humor, Polish person is the Pope, and the first lady wins two Nobel prize she must be so Polish she doesn't know she's supposed to be dumb? But we never have stupid American people joke about you guys and I have seen it in my eyes how much stupid it is to be American, jumbo shrimps and such nonsense words.. but I remember now we DID have a lot of joke like you have about me and my Polish people 😂 I just forget because you know, they were worse than you think this Polish joking is because we laugh at those who are everything dumber than you can find in Poland or all of europa. You wouldn't get it if I tell you these jokes though, Richard I am certain over your head like a plane." And my jovial handsome father said" and you you think I wouldn't get it? Come on now, who in the hell is the poor bastard the Poles are making a joke at this I have to see."  My mom just blinked with her giant doe eyes and said "Do you want me to get you a mirror? Because when we want to make fun of stupider we just tell a bunch of Irish jokes and I heard most of your jokes for me because I knew the original version from Krakow when they were about Irish people. "

How I survived Sagittarian parents? I'm good at dodging arrows basically.😉

PurpleStarGirl
Registered

Prominent Member

@TheVeryMostPaw Your parents sounded like they were in love. And two Sagittarians....I bet they butted heads a lot.

I can tell you right now that this Sagittarian doesn't have a thing for me. We're just good friends although three bartenders think otherwise and people have mistaken us for being a couple before. I've had to start telling people that we're nothing more than friends. 

NotMyCircus
Registered
Noble Member

My car's in the body shop. It got dinged in two accidents this year. It was supposed to be done in 1-3 days, but thanks to extra damage they found and a parts delay on Ford's end, I now have to wait several more days. 🙄  This is gonna get expensive. Thank you, Saturn transit through 2nd house!

I wonder if we're still in the shadow phase of the Mars and Mercury retrogrades?

Page 613 / 616

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 2MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved