Random Thoughts Thr...

Notifications
Clear all

Random Thoughts Thread 2  

Page 611 / 616

dolce
Registered
Reputable Member

I've just discovered a show called Peaky Blinders. Has anyone seen this show? I was looking for some escapism and this does the job. It's set in 1919 England. It's also enjoyable because, although it involves criminals, there's always that underlying morality to their structure that I find interesting. I'm only on the 1st season, so no spoilers!! 

2 Replies
Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@dolce I began watching it but it never caught on with me. Instead, I just finished watching the second season of The Alienist. Exceptional writing, sensational period accuracy and restrained, realistic acting. I think you will like it. 

dolce
Registered

Reputable Member

@vesta Thank you for the recommendation - I will definitely take a look!

Salamander
Registered
Trusted Member

I am finally physically feeling better since getting my finger diagnosed and treated. The splint and the bone supplement are helping. Then, I have to see what my treatment options are for tendinitis and edema in my finger.

But in the meantime, I can still do plenty of things, and I know what I can rely on in martial arts.

I have to brace myself for examining the fistula (or two) and the edema.

I'm learning to relax. I work so hard, but when I have faith in myself, I get better results.

In terms of jobs, I'm going for loss prevention or security to build a consistent track record of using my protective instincts before going for law enforcement.

soup
 soup
Registered
Noble Member

I had my surgery on the 12th. OMG....OUCH! I was in the hospital for two days. No one can come in with you. No one can be in recovery with you. No visitors at all. So, I was left with the decision to hold back on pain meds so I could advocate for myself. 

I am on day 7 now. I am only taking Tylenol. Still hurts. Glad the worst of it is over. 

Nurse said it took a lot to knock me out. She said they had to keep giving me more sedation during surgery as I was waking up and talking during surgery - WHAT? I told her I don't remember this and her reply was - you wouldn't. 

I can always count on my Mars in Gemini to be running its mouth at the most inconvenient times. God, I hope I didn't say something stupid. I probably put on a show! 😲 

3 Replies
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin

Famed Member

@soup Oh my God. LOL@ I bet you were swearing. Ha ha ha ha!

Glad to you back online!!

Opalina
Registered

Honorable Member

@soup I am out of the loop ,what surgery did you have? Sorry to hear you are still in pain.

soup
 soup
Registered

Noble Member

@opalina I finally had a hysterectomy Opalina. Not fun at all. I am now a week past it and still really tender. I can't lift or do much of anything for 5 more weeks. I am supposed to go back to the doctor in two weeks (drive back home again - ugg) not excited about another drive. I was just there for 9 days. I went back to my home town doctor and used my local hospital.

NotMyCircus
Registered
Noble Member

I'm really enjoy watching ZDoggMD. Anyone here watched him? He's a Taurus that seems very sensible and down to earth in dissecting medical information. I watched his videos where he gives his thoughts on the winter COVID surge, and the documentary "The Social Dilemma". I'll have to look at some of his other stuff. The fact that he did a collab with Doctor Mike also earned extra points with me, because Doctor Mike (#alertnotanxious) seems to have a good head on his shoulders, too. 

1 Reply
Poppy
Registered

Reputable Member
Notmycircus,
thanks to your mention of him,
now I am! ::bookmarked!::

(Imposed line breaks because for whatever reason,
horizontal-only text.)  
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Famed Member

Is anyone listening to the press conference??
Holy cow!

3 Replies
JoFrance
Registered

Prominent Member

@elsa, that was a jaw-dropping, MOAB press conference.  I was glued to the screen.  Everyone should listen to it.  I'm sure the MSM will do their best to discredit it, if they even report about it at all, but the truth will come out regardless.  They have hard evidence.

No way would these attorneys put their reputations on the line if they didn't have the goods.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin

Famed Member

@jofrance I had a client in the middle of it but we're watching it now. I saw, Sidney, near tears.

JoFrance
Registered

Prominent Member

@elsa, Karma is at play here.  The people that wanted to get rid of Trump misread his public support and the amount of votes he got.  The algorithms in the computer program couldn't handle it, so they had to resort to other methods to add to Biden votes.  They handled that so sloppily it blew their entire, well-coordinated plan.

soup
 soup
Registered
Noble Member

The asshole contacted me today. I was not and am not in the mood. When in holy hell is Pluto going to get off my 22 degree dsc? For the love of cats... PLEASE GOD! 

Page 611 / 616

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 2MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved