Random Thoughts Thr...

Notifications
Clear all

Random Thoughts Thread 2  

Page 610 / 616

Poppy
Registered
Reputable Member

Our refrigerator stopped working - first clue, the freezer leaked water, as things thawed.  (We promptly cooked things, so, that's good).

Turning the dial to coldest setting did not fix the problem.  That led to noticing that the refrigerator compartment, also, wasn't keeping cold.  (We don't buy snack foods that go in the refrigerator.  Popcorn kernels, sunflower seeds, peanuts, & assorted chips and crackers are on cupboard shelves.)

We launched searches for buying a new appliance, and asked family and friends to help do the same.

So!  My housemate remembered something he'd learned from a long ago colleague.  Taking the wooden mallet from the tool cupboard, he tapped/bashed (I wasn't there, so, don't exactly know what/how/where the hitting happened) the compressor.  Tada!  Unbelievable but true, the refrigerator is working as normal.  I think it's a prime example of Uranus transiting through Taurus.  This is a clue for all of us, to think sideways, when unexpected things happen.

1 Reply
Warped by Wuthering Heights

Reputable Member

@poppy

Get a long skinny brush made for this -- a coil brush, $5-6 -- and clean the coils behind the panel on the back at the bottom.  Dust and pet hair can accumulate and cause problems.

Vesta
Registered
Prominent Member

The job I was hoping to get, 2 steps up the ladder? Well, despite getting every intuitive signal that I might get it after all, it may not be mine. I got a fun phone call from the prospective manager, whom I have never met in person before. We had a lovely, frank freewheeling discussion. He said that while the interview process has not started, I might not make it till the end, because they received great external applicants. He still wanted me on the team, but on a junior non-managerial role.

I told him that I will give external candidates a run for their money, and just want a chance to showcase that I am the best bet, period. He conceded. It looks tough, though. I might have to compromise, and the prospect does not please me. I was looking forward to the company car, dammit. (No matter that I have never driven a vehicle besides driving school and driving exam, in this country before.) 😄😄😄

2 Replies
Osiris Wife
Registered

Noble Member

@vesta well you're not out of the running yet. @Space-cadet suggested you can make a request from Uranus and I really loved this notion.

"I told him that I will give external candidates a run for their money, and just want a chance to showcase that I am the best bet, period. He conceded".

I think you just did, make a request from Uranus!

Now wouldn't it be awesome, if it turned out that the prospective Manager's chart is Uranus or transit Uranus activated 😀 😆  

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@osiris-wife Thank you for the hope. I am not going to back down easily. Threw the first stone over the wall today. They better bring Superman instead of me, for me to be okay with it. 😄

Vesta
Registered
Prominent Member

Wondering about so many great contributors on the forum. @Hands48 @HadesMoon @MariaR I hope you all are well, and wish you would come join us here now and then.

3 Replies
Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

And @buendia Haven't seen them for a while too...

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin

Famed Member

I think the covid / politics have either done people in / they're saturated.

In other cases, there is a lot of things going on in the world. Drama. And people are following it. But mostly, people are depressed and/or in a state of overwhelm. They are also afraid. 

I mean, we're kept hopped up, constantly. No one feels they can just relax and converse.  I hope this turns around at some point. But really, it's just out of an individual's hand at this point.  There are all these "movements".

Personally, I am tired of being given the day's talking point. I want to be in touch with my own mind. It's like we're too wired to talk normally.

I miss everyone.  I probably miss them the most... and I also feel responsible. But I don't know what to do. I don't run this country.  The forum is here and people can talk about whatever they like for the most part.

I mean, I can't turn it into a po r n site and there are other topics now that will get you  can cell ed.  But for the most part, it's an open forum.

I do hope we survive.  

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@elsa I understand, Elsa and empathize. But I don't live in the US, do not understand its politics and have no wish to remotely participate in it. I come here to find solace and answers, enjoy your sharp wit and deep observations, and talk to the friends I have made on the forum about astrology.

I am sure there are many others like me. I hope the people tagged above read this and come over again. We do not have to talk about politics or state of the world at all, if one does not wish to. That's the beauty of this place! I hope our missing friends use this place as a solace too, no matter how overwhelming or crazy things may seem in the outside world. I think this is the perfect place if one doesn't want to talk about the topic of the day, as you said. 

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Famed Member

Pet scan for friend being tested for dementia was "inconclusive" but doc says there are things he needs to talk to her about it.  What's mind-blowing to me is that she has no anxiety about this.  She's got to wait a good while to see her doc for details and takes it in stride.

It's super interesting to me; how different one person's makeup can be from another's.  I wonder if it's natal / transit / or my best guess, is that it's spiritual.  It's a gift that's given to some, rather than something you necessarily have to work for.

It's sure interesting, that's all I can say.

On a similar but related deal, I told Jilly what I did at 4 am this morning - it's mind-numbing. It's stoopid on so many levels... cartoon-stoopid but I still have to do it.  I do it every day."

"Have you ever had to do X at 4 in the morning?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

She just laughed. Life is surreal sometimes.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Famed Member

neopets

My daughter wishes she could log into her childhood neopet account. Boy did she love neopets. My hard-drive is littered with pics of them to this a day!

Osiris Wife
Registered
Noble Member

Transit Uranus at 7* sneaked up on me.

Uranus  is now perched, aspecting my T-Square wearing a silly grin and in cahoots with the Lunar Eclipse that has the throne to the T.Square. 

The irony is that I mentioned somewhere in the Forum that every Full Moon since August has come with a Uranus aspect of 0-1 degrees.

But, surprise, surpise and I never saw this coming for me personally...

The plot thickens.

4 Replies
Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@osiris-wife So, Uranus caused a chink in the predictive superpower enabled armour of Isis too? 🙂 I hope at least it was a pleasant surprise.

Osiris Wife
Registered

Noble Member

@vesta lol. I'm paying attention now! I read somewhere that events leading up to an Eclipse are often fated, while those after an Eclipse are controllable, so to speak. 

Just marvelous! that we have two Eclipse two weeks apart up ahead.

Opalina
Registered

Honorable Member

@osiris-wife just moved into my 6th house.

PurpleStarGirl
Registered

Prominent Member

@osiris-wife

Wow. At least you became aware of the 7 degree transit. I'm still waiting for the effects of Uranus touching my DSC and I haven't gotten jack from him. Lol.

Page 610 / 616

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 2MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved