Random Thoughts Thr...

Notifications
Clear all

Random Thoughts Thread 2  

Page 609 / 616

strawb.
Registered
Prominent Member

It's such a nice day out today, I see people out in the streets, feels almost... normal, again. I never thought I'd be so happy just to see humans again. If/when this is said and done, will take  a lot less things for granted.

This whole year has felt like living through a collective episode of black mirror, except it wasn't fiction. 😳 

I hope, when Saturn & Jupiter move into Aquarius, we move into a different paradigm. Personally, I could use a little more fresh air. 

CrisLondon
Registered
Reputable Member

Thought I'd upload an image for my profile.

What sizes can we use? I think I remember someone in the forum mentioning photo size requirements...

3 Replies
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin

Famed Member

@cris small as possible max 50X50

Thanks!

CrisLondon
Registered

Reputable Member

@elsa

I've resized the picture to 50x50 🙂

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin

Famed Member

@cris Thanks!

PurpleStarGirl
Registered
Prominent Member

Interesting. I thought this thread had disappeared because everytime I would click on the link, it would just take me back to the Lounge. I had to open it as a separate link just now when I right-clicked on JoFrance's name in order to access it. I'm wondering if it's a glitch.

1 Reply
Eleanor D
Registered

Estimable Member

@purplestargirl

That happened to me as well. Seems fixed now anyway.

Osiris Wife
Registered
Noble Member

I am reading Through The Looking Glass by Richard Idemon and it got me thinking about people that say I love you after every call, taking out the garbage, cleaning up after the dog’s poop, after each act of copulation or when going to work, to bed, to the supermarket, to school, to the doctors, to grandma’s etc.…. Basically, these three little words are popped out so easily and seemingly without a second thought. I wondered, is it           

A learned habit

A cultural thing, as it is more prevalent in some societies than others

A generational thing

A deep unconscious need for self-preservation in the event something awful happens and the conscience can be absolved - at least you told them often … “I love you”

Insecurity; theirs or the other person’s

Something else?

Relationship guru, and author Dr. Gary Chapman has words of affirmation as one of the five love languages, so there are many who need to give or receive these particular three words of affirmation, often.

Also, there are moments when saying I love you, is enough.

But personally I don’t think tossing these three little words carelessly with every breath is as powerful as saying something with more specificity that you like or love about another … this of course requires effort and awareness, perhaps therein the answer.

5 Replies
CrisLondon
Registered

Reputable Member

@osiris-wife

Oh, Richard Idemon 🙂 A great astrologer/teacher. Gone too soon. 

Idemon's, Howard Sasportas's and Stephen Arroyo's books really deepened my astrology knowledge during a phase when I got really stuck, hopeless and confused with it.

The 'Five Love Languages' are so helpful to know.

Yes, I also think those words are overused. I prefer to pick my moments to say 'I Love You' to my close and love ones...even when Words of Appreciation is one of my languages. 

When I was younger I used to say that some people said those words so often that it was almost like: 'I love you. Now please pass me the salt.' Hehe. That was my Venus in Aquarius and Uranus rising talking...

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@cris Thanks for more recommendations. Now I have more books on the holiday reading list! 🙂

CrisLondon
Registered

Reputable Member

@vesta

Cheers. You have inspired me and I got two astro books for reading during the holidays! 

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@osiris-wife Great question. I believe its personality type and how you were brought up.

My husband was the kind you described. While I am the 'associate soul searing intense meaning to these words' kinds, I came to appreciate his gesture, which was meant to be reassuring. "I am still here. I am thinking of you. I will look forward to your coming back home. Its not fun without you. Have fun." One little sentence, so many connotations.

Ironically, I grew up in a household where we barely used these words. Now, its how we end all phone calls between us siblings and mom. Reassures me somehow, despite the distance. I think Covid brought home the truth about human mortality, and like you said, its a subconscious morbid motivation to let your loved ones know you loved them, before one dies.

Poppy
Registered

Reputable Member

@osiris-wife, another of the love languages is doing helpful, useful actions for another's wellbeing, for their happiness.  I do that, often.  And, I frequently say something like, "I simply love you, I just do, you know?"

PurpleStarGirl
Registered
Prominent Member

Two week freeze in my state starting on Wednesday. All non-essential businesses will be closed to the public. Restaurants and bars are take out only. Surprisingly, spas and hair salons are open because they help promote a person's overall well-being. My psychologist's office is also open because they are a mental health facility, which is considered an essential business. I can see why because mental health facilities also help maintain someone's well-being when it comes to mental illnesses.

On the plus side, I ordered a tube of crimson hair dye last week and it will be here tomorrow so I can make the crimson/vampire red a permanent color that won't wash out everytime I shampoo my hair.

NotMyCircus
Registered
Noble Member

The past couple of days, I've gone to my governor's Facebook page to read his posts. Then I read the comments.

This Republican governor's not getting reelected, I can golly-gosh-darn-tee ya that. Seems everyone is pissed at him because he ran on a pro-Trump platform and now they think he's hiding out like a little bitch instead of doing his duty to protect Trump. They're over COVID, don't want to hear about Diwali or the businesses he's visited. They think he's deflecting from voter fraud and that he and the Secretary of State are secretly helping the left. Either these accusations are true, and we have a turncoat for a governor--or the people in this state are getting more and more stupid. 

1 Reply
Poppy
Registered

Reputable Member

@notmycircus, I think that many people are paying more attention to "What are you actually, really, commited to doing" rather than the partisan hat anyone is wearing.  Maybe, huh?

Page 609 / 616

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 2MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved