Random Thoughts Thr...

Notifications
Clear all

Random Thoughts Thread 2  

Page 603 / 616

NotMyCircus
Registered
Noble Member

In the past few days, my grandmother has sent me two texts begging me to look at YouTube videos by Dave Janda (before I go vote), and Devin Nunes. Warning, this will get a wee bit political. Please feel free to delete if it causes a problem. 

Thing is, I already voted, and not in a direction she would approve of. As far as I can tell, I am the only one in the family who is getting these texts. She even misspelled my name! 

The only thing I can think of that would have raised an eyebrow with her was me posting one video by the comedian known as the "Liberal Redneck". (I don't agree with him sometimes, but he does make some good points and in a way that cracks me up--he is a COMEDIAN). I guess she's afraid that her granddaughter is becoming a flaming liberal? I come from a family that is strongly conservative and Republican, and that is the ONLY choice in their book. Period. She shares YouTube videos on Facebook warning about certain Democrats in power and you know how that goes. 

I vote however I want. So does one of my sisters, but Grandma doesn't send her warning texts out of the blue. Why am I being targeted? At 43 years old, I feel that I have become the new black sheep in the family. 

12 Replies
Space Cadet
Registered

Estimable Member

@notmycircus Someone who misspells your name has no business telling you how to vote.

Libra Noir
Registered

Noble Member

@space-cadet hahaha... so glad to see you posting again spacecadet. Missed your energy.

Space Cadet
Registered

Estimable Member

@libra-noir Thank you!!

NotMyCircus
Registered

Noble Member

@space-cadet Good point! 😄

I told my sister I could send Grandma a link to the Unity 2020 videos on YouTube and she thought that was a good idea! 

NotMyCircus
Registered

Noble Member

Tonight Grandma sent me an urgent text to watch some Mark Levin videos. The text was practically screaming at me. So I'm blocking her number, until after the election. I have never had to block a loved one's number before.

One of Shiny Taurus' relatives keeps sending stuff on Facebook Messenger about Trump being censored, conspiracy stuff about vaccines, blah blah blah. I put her on ignore. 

PLEASE. STOP. 😤 😩 

Warped by Wuthering Heights

Reputable Member

@notmycircus

Have you ever actually watched any of what they've suggested, or deeply researched both sides of every issue?

NotMyCircus
Registered

Noble Member

@warped-by-wuthering-heights I'd probably be more open to watching those videos if I didn't feel like they were trying to push me down a certain road. I'm not a fan of indoctrination. I may go ahead and check some of them out, but I am under a heavy Neptune/Mercury transit and have to be careful.  (Thanks to one documentary years ago, I have a hard time believing we landed on the moon in 1969 and that the whole thing wasn't carefully staged by the government at Area 51, complete with top people being killed off for trying to expose the scam. Sounds crazy, but the doco made this theory sound very plausible.)

Maybe this is why I like listening to Russell Brand's Under the Skin podcasts sometimes. He interviews all kinds of people, goes beneath the surface--but he comes across as someone who is just genuinely curious about what makes people tick. Even if I disagree with some of his conclusions I don't come away angry or confused. I think Joe Rogan does the same thing, so I may check him out as well. 

NotMyCircus
Registered

Noble Member

By the way, I listen to both conservative and liberal radio stations (on Sirius XM because my local stations only air conservative shows). It gets tiring to listen to either side after awhile because it is so bleeding obvious that they are pushing an agenda on their audience and creating echo chambers. 

jana
 jana

@notmycircus have you seen Rogan's interview with Tristan Harris or seen his film The Social Dilemma? It really outlines the algorythmic manipulation of media. It sounds like you have a good handle on how your attention is being extracted by media and are dealing with family members who are not. I would try to engage them on non-political topics each time they try to pull you in. I had to do this with my mother after I bought her a computer.....oh the irony of it all.

NotMyCircus
Registered

Noble Member

@jana I haven't seen those, but I've heard of The Social Dilemma. I'm open to watching it. Right now I'm watching Joe interview Miley Cyrus, and I've seen one of his interviews with Russell Brand. He seems pretty inquisitive and I'm liking his interviews!

NotMyCircus
Registered

Noble Member

@jana Thanks for recommending the Joe Rogan interview with Tristan. I'm listening to it now. All I say is.....

Hollllllly shit!! No wonder conspiracy theories are all the rage now! Social media giants started this crap. 

(I'm not saying they're all wrong, I'm sure some have validity to them. But I just thought it was weird that they became VERY popular, pretty much overnight. I thought society had just suddenly lost its mind.)

Space Cadet
Registered

Estimable Member

@notmycircus I had a weird journey this year. When COVID and the restrictions hit, it all seemed very "off" to me and I did a lot of research and went down a lot of rabbit holes and basically became a conspiracy theorist. However, I ended up shifting back to something at least more neutral- I still feel uncertain about a lot of things, but I realized so much of this was political with a clear agenda behind it. Frankly, I was probably being manipulated by the YouTube algorithm. I haven't been on Facebook since July 2019 so I can't blame that. But I think both sides are guilty of so much distortion of the truth. So I still don't know where the "truth" really is...I just have my own mind and long-held values to guide me. I had a Saturn opposite Mercury transit this year, exact to the degree from April-June.

strawb.
Registered
Prominent Member

I just noticed the last 3 guys I dated all have their Lilith in the 7th house...  I have Lilith right on my Midheaven. Do I attract them, or do they attract me? Hmm

Another thing I always attract are fixed signs, fixed stelliums...  but I learned this year, none is as fixed as a Taurus. Scorpio will amputate you, Aquarius will detach, Leo will lose interest, but a Taurus will never budge. This Uranus transit should be pretty interesting. 

I remember reading in earlier posts here Elsa talking about how fixed signs most likely to vote on election day out of tradition/stubbornness and I literally had a Scorpio man have that exact conversation with me 😂 because " it's just how it's done, that's the tradition.... leave work early and go vote on election day. " needless to say he didn't like the whole mainling thing either.  I just had to lol... 

1 Reply
Libra Noir
Registered

Noble Member

@strawb It’s true about Taurus. Aquarius is fixed about their thought processes but are open to different outcome from that. Leo just wants what they want and when they get it, they relax. Scorpio is just protective over their emotional world- they feel how they feel and they honor their desires.

My mom is a double Taurus. She is just straight stubborn lol. I think it’s funny that Scorpio gets labeled with control, because Taurus is actually about things that we POSSESS and can control and Scorpio is about things that we want to possess but don’t and things that are out of our control. It seems that Venus kind of softens that Taurus expression and makes it actually nice to be around though, oddly. I mean, you don’t see threads here about how frustrating and infuriating Taurus is, but so many for Scorpio. 

PurpleStarGirl
Registered
Prominent Member

I found a spread online to play with my tarot deck to get a specific answer to something I wanted to know. I didn't get the answer I wanted but I got the one I needed. And the answer that came in the spread didn't make sense at first but after reading up on the meanings of the cards (I'm very new at this), I understood the answer. 

I think tarot is going to be a great tool for receiving messages from the Universe if you don't know how to get them in other ways.

3 Replies
Libra Noir
Registered

Noble Member

@purplestargirl It sooo is. The funny thing is, is that it never really tells me anything that I don’t already know on some level. It just kind of crystallizes subconscious and unconscious impressions for the conscious mind, in my opinion. Of course there are many different opinions on what tarot is, but that’s just how I see it at this point. I think it’s amazing that were you were able to get a reading your first spread too. I’m sure that doesn’t happen for everyone. So cool!

PurpleStarGirl
Registered

Prominent Member

@libra-noir

The book that came with the cards didn't really work for me so I went to a website that had better explanations for cards in the type of reading I did, which worked for me.

I'm also not sure if it happens for everyone. Maybe whatever intuition/latent psychic ability I have tapped into it. Or it could be my water Ascendant (Scorpio) and 3rd house Sun/Neptune conjunction.

PurpleStarGirl
Registered

Prominent Member

@libra-noir

I did another one tonight (different subject than my first) and was able to get another reading. I have no clue why.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Famed Member

Hilarious and excellent . 

LN
 LN
Registered
Estimable Member

Rest in peace Sean Connery. You were a cut above the rest of Hollywood.

4 Replies
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin

Famed Member

@ln Did you ever see the clip of him talking about hitting a woman, with an open hand? He was confronted on this but would not back down.  He did not think you should punch a woman, but smack her - yes.

LN
 LN
Registered

Estimable Member

@elsa No l had not known about that. There is so much that l don't know. I appreciate you telling me this. Thank You. I need to be careful with my Neptune. He is on probation now!

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin

Famed Member

@ln 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mzXkbJwrN38

Provoked a lot of debate back in the day. Mostly because he would not take it back. "Cuck" as they say these days.

He's a double Virgo with a cap rising.

LN
 LN
Registered

Estimable Member

@elsa That is really is not good at all. Wow.

Thank you, l appreciate you finding that for me.

Osiris Wife
Registered
Noble Member

Who's Jessica Rabbit tonight

Kiss  

3 Replies
Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@osiris-wife Oooo! I love an old school Hollywood side curl. ❤❤❤❤

Osiris Wife
Registered

Noble Member

@vesta lol. It was loads of giggles, much needed. I'll say that latex dresses are extremely uncomfortable. By end of night, cutting me loose with scissors was the only option .. that is a memory that is worth keeping

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@osiris-wife Hahahahhaha!! PICS, or it didn't happen!!

Imagine telling that story to your grandkids!  🤣 Glad you had an opportunity to giggle to your heart's content. 🙂

Page 603 / 616

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 2MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved