Random Thoughts Thr...

Notifications
Clear all

Random Thoughts Thread 2  

Page 602 / 616

CocoPeaches
Registered
Reputable Member

@vesta I sincerely agree with Libra Noir, that there is no need to be ashamed of tending to your own matters. And I also think she shared a good idea, to allow yourself time before and after the meeting to honor whatever feelings come up. 

1 Reply
Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@cocopeaches Thank you! I will follow the excellent advice both of you have given.

PurpleStarGirl
Registered
Prominent Member

My natal 8th house Jupiter just came through for me today.

So my father passed away in April 2018 and my brother and I had to get rid of his things, which included a lot of tools and a small generator. The members of his church took the tools and generator and it was in one of their member's shops for a while. They had a garage sale and sold all of the tools and the generator for about 400 dollars.

Today I went out to lunch with a couple of the ladies from my dad's church and was given a check for the amount of the items that were sold, about 400 dollars. It really threw me off because my brother just told them to give me all the money instead since I was moving back to Oregon. 

On the downside, Mercury retrograde came into play when I tried to deposit the check and the ATM wouldn't accept it. I ended up having to go inside the bank to deposit it and had to go back a second time because the PIN on my debit card wouldn't work at Target. Nothing wrong with the card, just needed to reset the PIN number.

la_sirena
Registered
Reputable Member

I just saw a crow right outside my window. I got the feeling immediately that it means something... 

I immediately thought “death” but then the feeling was more beautiful than simply death. Hmm. 

2 Replies
Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@la_sirena Crows symbolize ancestors or the messengers of ancestors in my culture. So, you are not far off the mark. Death, but something more poignantly beautiful. Taking care of your progeny and future generations, even after death.

LN
 LN
Registered

Estimable Member

@vesta That is beautiful!

PurpleStarGirl
Registered
Prominent Member

I occasionally get this urge to want to try to do tarot, do readings for myself and to learn it.

I don't know if it'll help develop my intuitive and psychic side or if it's bad to play around with that.

11 Replies
Libra Noir
Registered

Noble Member

@purplestargirl Practicing tarot has been one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself. The only thing to fear is fear itself.

PurpleStarGirl
Registered

Prominent Member

@libra-noir

Got any suggestions on decks to start out with?

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@purplestargirl Ditto as @LibraNoir. I gifted myself a Rider-Waite deck last birthday. It has been one great joy and comfort to me in these difficult days.

Funnily, its significance or symbolism changes for me on a day to day basis, depending on my prevailing energy. I use it as a meditation tool, to ask for advice on mundane things, to be assured when I am sad, scared or lonely, or to understand my own emotions.

I think the last one is the most common manifestation. The cards often explain my own swirling head to me, and tap into my subconscious motivations. Over time, you also learn to interpret each card depending on the context. If you are lucky, it develops in conjunction with your psychic or seer-ish capabilities and the cards 'speak' to you. 

Give it a spin. You may like it, or worst case, you would have tried something cool with a rich history and tradition. 

PurpleStarGirl
Registered

Prominent Member

@vesta

I just bought a deck of the Rider-Waite cards. They'll be here on the 30th.

I actually want to open up my intuition more and to see if tarot helps with that. As for any psychic capabilities I have, we'll see. I've had four in the past week. A dream where information about Mr. Archer came to me, two visual images (Seeing my dinner for that night and a pumpkin with the Misfits mascot carved into it. I was looking at Mr. Archer right before he said he carved that one year), and a song in the back of my head when I touched one of my t-shirts ("Man In The Box" and the next song in my music library happened to be that song).

I believe I've spoken about some of my other experiences in that category as well. Precognition or clairvoyance....I'm not sure at this point.

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@purplestargirl Yes, I have read some of your experiences. To be honest, a lot of it seems like romantic feelings for your friend, referred as Mr Archer. You may be afraid that they are unreciprocated, which is why a lot of mental barriers or classic symptoms of giving yourself hope or permission to engage. 

These two things are separate. You seem like a lovely person and any man should be happy/lucky to engage your affections. Your latent psychic capabilities (apart from your natural feelings or trying to communicate with/about loved one) are a lifelong gift. Men come and go (speaking from experience), but your belief in self and womanly intuition will be yours to enjoy even when you turn 110. Tarot is a great tool to explore the latter. But nurture both and see what happens. Good luck! 🙂

PurpleStarGirl
Registered

Prominent Member

@vesta

Thank you for your perspective. I appreciate it. Smile

Libra Noir
Registered

Noble Member

@vesta Love these words:)

Libra Noir
Registered

Noble Member

@purplestargirl So excited for you! That’s the one I would recommend, just because it’s kind of the standard and most information you read or watch about tarot will be based on that system so it’s a great place to start. Beyond that there a bazillion beautiful, compelling decks and other systems to explore, so if that deck doesnt resonate know that there is probably a deck out there that does. 

PS: Remember to sage the deck before using if possible. 

PurpleStarGirl
Registered

Prominent Member

@libra-noir

I can't use actual sage because one of my roommates has asthma. Would the spray form work as well?

Libra Noir
Registered

Noble Member

@purplestargirl Yes! I’ve been meaning to get or make some sage spray, but I think I just like burning shit lol. I don’t have a lot of fire in my chart so maybe I need that element more. 

PurpleStarGirl
Registered

Prominent Member

I don't have a lot of fire in my chart either apart from Mars in Sagittarius and Midheaven and South Node in Leo. I wear a lot of red to make up for it. I'm decked out in a red and black color scheme for my clothes as I write this. Lol.

I buy my sage spray through Mountain Rose Herbs. It's actually a local business to my city and I will say it makes feel calmer and more focused after I use it. And I have to now that the cards are in my possession (they were delivered today).

Osiris Wife
Registered
Noble Member

Wired, can't sleep. It's got to be the Full Moon in tow with Uranus.

Just great! At some point today, the Moon will get all rattled by Mars, then go on to T-Square with Mercury and the Capricorn trio - Jupiter/Saturn/Pluto.

Shutmouth

1 Reply
Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@osiris-wife I had a restless night too, with my head full of images/conversations of a work acquaintance that I barely know. Strange. Uranus full moon at work...

Vesta
Registered
Prominent Member

The weather outside mirrors my mind....foggy enough to not be able to see beyond my hand. Its almost like a fairytale or a nightmare...miles of golden autumn leaves silently falling on the bed of leaves below....and a white mist cloaking and hiding their grief. My current apartment is open from two sides. It feels like being surrounded by a thick cloak..

I wish I could just sit with the feelings and numbness this is evoking, instead of being forced to listen to work calls.

2 Replies
Satsun
Registered

Honorable Member

@vesta

It sounds so beautiful! Like being awake in a dream

I hope you'll be able to appreciate this still without the work calls.

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@satsun Hopefully the mist (and daylight) is still around after work day wraps up.

Page 602 / 616

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 2MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved