Admin
Famed Member

Seen on a yahoo stock message board:

"Common guys..."

I think this bot means. "Come on, guys..."

NotMyCircus
Registered
Noble Member

Something weird is happening at the nursing forum I visit. Every now and then over the last few months, a new person joins the board, with an innocuous sounding name and sometimes real-looking credentials. The minute they start posting.... it's either on the COVID threads or the err, umm, election-themed threads.

Their sole purpose on the boards appears to be contradicting science and pushing the nurses there, many of them seasoned, to question it. The nurses see right through these attempts of course, because nurses are trained extensively to use critical thinking and judgment in assessing people and situations. But I can tell it's getting to them a bit, and they get into spats with these trolls. 

I just wonder who's planting them there and why. 🤔  Especially now. Dare I ask?

2 Replies
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin

Famed Member

@notmycircus  the entire internet is a war zone. And I can tell you, because I have access to the back end of a site... there are bots, which can be stopped, but there are legions of people all over the world, paid to try to invade *wherever* and push a product or an agenda.

I am not sure this will slow post the election, to tell you truth. Because people like working from home, yanno? And these are actual jobs.

NotMyCircus
Registered

Noble Member

@elsa Yeah, I can definitely see that. These people are relentless, too--while they're pushing an agenda, I can sense they're also trying to gaslight people, break them down. Sometimes I wonder why the nurses on that forum I mentioned don't report these trolls right away, instead of just crossing swords with them day after day. It also doesn't make the site attractive to nurses looking for support and advice--especially during a pandemic!!

I mean, think about it. What if this troll and that bot came here, planting doubts in the minds of the regulars here about the validity of astrology? What if they argued with us, picked apart our observations about transits and aspects, and insulted us, day in and day out? Or what if they poke fun at us for seeing connections between planetary alignments and current events? New people who come here eagerly looking for answers and help would run the other way for fear of receiving the same treatment.

Thank you for working hard to keep these trolls from the door. They are no good for your business, nor our mental health. 

JoFrance
Registered
Prominent Member

A lot of the bots are zombie bot nets - compromised PCs controlled by a virus.  They use their email addresses, which are valid, to push whatever their agenda is.  Other ones are paid trolls.  They've both been around for a long time and there is no hope that any of that will slow post election.  They'll just move on to something new.

I don't think they'll ever be able to control the bots.  Its like whack-a-mole.

PurpleStarGirl
Registered
Prominent Member

Every time I read astrology articles that say someone with a strong Uranian signature on their chart will probably never have a long term relationship, it makes me a bit a sad because I'd like that one of these days (despite being terrified of the idea) and I have a Venus in Aquarius.

7 Replies
CrisLondon
Registered

Reputable Member

@purplestargirl

Please don't despair.

I have Uranus rising, 4th house cusp in Aquarius and Venus in Aquarius. And I'm in a long term relationship (8 years next April.)

It did take me a long time to feel ready to settle as it took me a while to own how the Uranian nature (and also key factors of my upbringing/early conditioning) made me noncommittal (hence my choosing people or relationships that wouldn't pan out.)

The key is finding an independent partner that has fixed planets too, in  my opinion. My husband is Sag rising (independent), Sun (and Moon and Mercury and Mars) in Taurus (the fixed energy to help with long term commitment) and Taurus ruler Venus is in Aries (independent; likes independent women.)

Often my husband and I are a little too detached for my water sign Sun and Ascendant but hey if I'm honest with myself I prefer it that way, that we give each other lots of space.

Just so you know, I think of divorce every couple of months and I've accepted that this is just how the Uranian nature comes up  for me whenever I'm met with an area where I have to commit or where I disagree with my husband and I just want to bolt. Luckily I have Fixed energy too so I stay (relief) plus I've learned to hold my tongue and not share my thoughts too much when I'm toying/phantasising with the idea (he knows about this side to me and is super patient.)

A friend who's also happily married has Venus square Uranus (partile square) and she also thinks of divorce but in her case less often than me.

You have Earth - you can settle down. Earth apart from fixed signs is great for long term projects.

I've said it before in the forum or blog and I swear I don't have any business interests linked to ElsaElsa: Elsa's class Finding Love with Astrology was, apart from some key relationship books, invaluable to me and I swear I still benefit from it in my marriage.

PurpleStarGirl
Registered

Prominent Member

@cris 

I also have Aquarius on the 4th house cusp and an Aquarius Moon, plus Sun conjunct Uranus (Earth element). My North Node is tightly conjunct my IC, located in my Aquarius 4th house.

I'm just terrified of getting my heart broken so relationships scare the shit out of me.

CrisLondon
Registered

Reputable Member

@purplestargirl

One is not immune to hurt even when in a good relationship...it's part of the human experience.

But hurt and pain are scary and the dating world can be quite scary for everyone (straight, queer, trans, non binary, asexual...) but it's the path to an eventual relationship if that's what one wants.

With all your Uranian energy I'd show the eccentric and non-mainstream bits (internal and external) early on to filter out those who don't value or can't manage well Uranian energy. That's one lesson I got from the class mentioned.

PurpleStarGirl
Registered

Prominent Member

@cris

That's actually great advice about the Uranian energy. I do actually worry about guys finding me too weird or eccentric or silly and not wanting to date me because of that. I know I have quirks. They're just apart of who I am and I can't help it.

What types of guys can handle and value Uranian energy? I've never been able to figure that out.

CrisLondon
Registered

Reputable Member

@purplestargirl

Best to be rejected soon for the weirdness and eccentric side than to fall for someone who later turns out despises that uniqueness. That would hurt tons more, don't you think?

There are Uranian or Jupiterian guys who will feel refreshed and electrified (Uranus) by that uniqueness or that they simply don't care about the uniqueness (Live and Let Live type.)

They guys who can handle and value Uranian energy are those who will be attracted to you when you're being weird, silly, eccentric. They will want to see more of you.

If you have Venus in Aquarius you attract partners by being both Uranian and Saturnian. I guess it's your Cap energy that is very aware of conventions and mainstream values that fears ridicule and rejection for being that different in many ways. But you'll attract love (Venus) being Uranian too so take a chance!

PurpleStarGirl
Registered

Prominent Member

@cris

Thanks for the advice.

The one Jupiterian guy I know (Mr. Archer) that has a Sagittarius stellium is the definition of "live and let live". I also found out today that he also gives backhanded compliments to me on occasion, mostly regarding how weird I am. One example of that is him telling me that he worried about me sometimes by thinking I hit my head one too many times, which came off as an insult to me. Turns out it was his way of calling me weird and he wasn't insulting me. Should have just come out calling me weird, which is a compliment to me. He's also called me a weirdo on a couple of occasions but those times it was affectionately.

Men are confusing to me. Haha.

Poppy
Registered

Reputable Member

@purplestargirl, as a remedy to such sorry thoughts, you could read Elsa's many (very many) posts and blog articles about relationships for Uranian kinds of love.  There's a huge library there!  Really, very happy reading.  Smile

CrisLondon
Registered
Reputable Member

It's nice at times when I briefly forget there's Covid in the world.

aspire
Registered
Reputable Member

I just got a smart watch. What a perfect thing to get ready for Saturn (time) in Aquarius (tech)!  

I only wish there was an app to show the planets at the moment, but I bet that is coming!

Page 599 / 616

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 2MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved