Random Thoughts Thr...

Notifications
Clear all

Random Thoughts Thread 2  

Page 597 / 617

Vesta
Registered
Prominent Member

I wonder if we can have an ongoing thread to discuss current astrology? I come here only for that fix, often looking for @Osiris-wife 's posts, and then if I don't find them, its disappointing.

Currently, the threads are all over the place. While I really appreciate some with long term effects, for example, nodes in Gemini -Sagg, Pluto at 22 or Mars in Aries, I really miss day to day transient astrology discussions. A bit like astro weather.

Anyone else thinks its a good idea?

Also, posts discussing conspiracy theories, anti-mask-anti-social distancing, polarizing politics or dismissing public authority make me anxious. I avoid those threads with all my consciousness, but have to scroll for a long time to reach relevant astrology conversations.

Besides, I don't know one person who read something online and changed their basic political stance. So, are we creating another echo-chamber? I appreciate the freedom of speech part of the forum, but I guess, I associate Elsaelsa to be solely about human nature, astrology or life advice.

Maybe Elsa sees it as more free-for-all place, but I would appreciate segregating such conversations to save those of us who want a safe place to hide from the shitty world outside, where opinions and misinformation get bombarded at you, whether you want it or not. I realize how polarizing and aggravating the suggestion sounds in today's climate, so apologies in advance. I hope it gets taken in the spirit it is intended.

8 Replies
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin

Famed Member

@vesta It's probably best if you start the conversations you'd like to have... and avoid the threads that don't interest you.

We do have particular forums and what I could do is more threads that are NON-astrology to the appropriate forum. That way, you could just visit the astrology forum only?

See... there is a lot of AI out there - A LOT. We're real people here. I would like to keep it that way. Forums are devolving, pretty soon forums will be nothing but bots talking to bots.  I am serious about this! You have no idea how many fake people I keep off this site, many times a day.

So if you want to stay a human and talk to other humans, then you have to put up with them being human... and individuals.

Not specific to you, but just in general, it seems to be a challenge for people to understand that not everyone agrees with them... really, this is a fundamental truth.

It makes me think of the old days... my grandfather would take us to a cafeteria to eat. These may no longer exist. But the point is, you went through the line and chose what you wanted. One person wants ice cream, the other wants cherry pie.

You do not have to get rid of cherry pie because you like ice cream. I mean, that makes no sense at all.

I will commit to this: I will do a better job of making sure threads are in the right forum. You're all welcome to flag problems for me. I promise to do this.

That means the lounge *is* a free-for-all.  Because I think people need this.  And I like it. And I work here!

You get to be anonymous here and talk to people around the world. It's no small thing. I also do not sell you. I am an actual human with a soul and some morals and principles I adhere to.

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@elsa Thank you for your thoughtful response, Elsa. Absolutely, without doubt, the 'realness' and anonymity of this place is why I spend so many hours here. Smile I love hanging out and learning more about lives of all kinds of people, and sharing a bit of mine. I love the popular analogy of this being a bar and you being a bartender. Smile

Its just that my mind and heart are so tender right now, and under attack from all sides. This is my safe space. I appreciate your efforts to segregate non-astrology posts, and will implement your suggestion of going directly astrology posts, though I love 'real life' posts like 'How are you feeling' or 'Dream Thread' or 'Ask random questions'. 

I don't know any other place like this on the web anymore. I have spent maybe 2 mins on FB or Insta in the last 4 months, so I appreciate what you represent and what this place has come to mean for me.

Libra Noir
Registered

Noble Member

@elsa The inclusivity you foster here is amazing. I’m appreciative of that Elsa.

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@libra-noir I echo your thoughts. In the divisive world we live in, its important to have these safe spaces where neighbours, soul-travellers and sensitive humans can come together. Whether to bond, talk or just drink alone in the corner in peace...does not really matter. Smile

Random side note: Was it you who posted the Henry Cavill picture few threads down? I randomly started watching it and liked it! Thank you! 🙂

Poppy
Registered

Reputable Member

@elsa, this post of yours, needs pinning it somewhere... Maybe in a collection of posts about what the ElsaElsa forum, and blog, is, and isn't.  An assortment of your requests to leave politics out, too, would be useful in such a collection.

Just thinking.  Cancer smiley  

Osiris Wife
Registered

Noble Member

@vesta 

What I've noticed is the Forum goes through cycles and with it an identifiable group culture and thought which may not be a fit for everyone. So, besides busy living real life, this is likely another reason people come and go in online communities. I read in this topic that the Forum is sensitive to Saturn cycles. So I think, am hoping that when Saturn is in Aquarius it will attract new people into the community and expand (Jupiter) interest in talking astrology; whether it's astro weather or a more holistic perspective (my personal preference).

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@osiris-wife Oh yes! I believe it was @sue-ellen or @JoFrance, who mentioned it.

Sigh. I guess none of my opinions are popular anywhere these days. On or offline. Combined with a sense of complete solitude, it takes a lot to keep the spirits up.

Osiris Wife
 Osiris Wife

@vesta sometimes you have to lose yourself to find yourself, and that can't happen when we're being lemmings. In your solitude you can choose to go on an adventure that is truly yours in the making.

In so doing, the spirit leads the way!

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Famed Member

34 year old heart patient is bored in the hospital.  It's astonishing what doctors can do for you. I'm not sure I expressed enough gratitude, in the course of my life. This is going to change.

Friend with brain concern is going for pet scan.

1 Reply
Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@elsa You may love the app 'Presently'. I have been using it off and on for a few months now. Makes gratitude a matter of daily habit.

Libra Noir
Registered
Noble Member

I built a chicken coop. I think I’m ready to build a house lol. I’ve looked into things like yurts and tipi’s for several years now, but recently discovered cob. Looks like a very viable option for me (sand, clay and hay that you mix together with your feet) and really visually appealing to me. if I could just find sone reasonable land. I’m thinking some where on or near the continental divide, which is basically my Jupiter line. 

Technically I do have some land available to me, but it’s not in an area that I find attractive. It’s still on the table though. 

2 Replies
jana
 jana
Registered

Reputable Member

@libra-noir that is so exciting! I'm looking at land and possibly building a net zero energy house in the future. Smile

Libra Noir
Registered

Noble Member

@jana Awesome! I’m giving myself a timeline of ten years to have it fully finished.

LN
 LN
Registered
Estimable Member

I am very interested in the cob construction too. I have read a little about it and there is something so intriguing  about it to me. I love the way you can incorporate tree timbers and you can make it curve and bend with such flow in any configuration. I dream of trying that out someday on a small scale. I think l like it because it is kind of fairy-like you know. I love natural things.

That is very cool you built a chicken coop! That is pretty impressive. You are on a pretty good roll.

1 Reply
Libra Noir
Registered

Noble Member

@ln It is a magical aesthetic, but also actually very practical. The whimsy and of it appeals deeply to my Libra soul:) and the wholesomeness and functionality appeals to my Earth Venus and ascendent.

Warped by Wuthering Heights
Reputable Member

Vesta wrote:  "Besides, I don't know one person who read something online and changed their basic political stance

Actually, I for one do know someone "who read something online and changed their basic political stance" -- me.

I was essentially detached, cynical, disinterested, and apathetic toward politics until Elsa mentioned, five or six years ago, a bit about something her husband had observed.  It piqued my curiosity, prompting me to research.  Voraciously.  What I learned and continue to learn daily has made me a relentless supporter of all who defend and protect our Constitutional Rights, our sovereignty, our culture, our rugged individualism, and the laws of the land.

4 Replies
Libra Noir
Registered

Noble Member

@warped-by-wuthering-heights Sovereignty is one of my favorite words. It defines something very subtle, very profound very spiritual and very important concept, the balance and interface between Freedom and Responsibility. 

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@libra-noir @warped-by-wuthering-heights I noticed and was fascinated by the usage 'rugged individualism'. I would not want to be a proponent of that, having seen first hand, the disasters it can evoke. But I can see the appeal of it for America and Americans.

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@warped-by-wuthering-heights

That is wonderful! I can only applaud and be not a tiny bit jealous. You seem to very self-aware and development focussed to have challenged your own beliefs. Not many people are capable of doing that. 

I may have to wait to indulge in similar missions though. Any kind of news, forceful views or conspiracies trigger a strong anxiety in me. It has been so for more than a decade. I remember voraciously reading at least 2 newspapers every morning as a young teen.

Now, I don't watch conventional television, don't use social media and prefer long, long emails/text chats to talk to friends in Covid times. I started following the hilariously bland and neutral official news agency of my host country to get Covid news this year, and even that gets overwhelming at times.

I miss human contact. My family still calls over the phone or video calls once a day without fail, so thats nice. 🙂

JoFrance
Registered

Prominent Member

@warped-by-wuthering-heights, I was changed too by a person I only knew online that was a Constitutionalist. I met him in a tech forum back in the 90's and knew him for 12 years. During that time we had many philosophical discussions about life and politics and I learned so much from him. He really changed my point of view on many things by encouraging me to research and debate. It was an awakening for me.

The Founding Fathers were very wise and we need to always defend our great Constitution that they fought for. It protects all of our liberties against tyranny.

NotMyCircus
Registered
Noble Member

Anyone else feeling the Mercury/Uranus opposition forming?

I'm having some shocking thoughts. Like maybe I should stop worrying so much about getting the virus going around, and just make a plan for when I finally do get it. And maybe stop worrying about whether I'll pass it on to one of my clients. One of my clients' spouses shocked me today by leaning towards herd immunity. That's basically where we're headed at this point. 

I just want to throw my middle finger up in the air and say fuck it. 😜  No one else cares anymore....why should I.

2 Replies
Occhineri
Registered

Estimable Member

@notmycircus I get that. I’ve been careful this whole time but feel like nobody cares anymore. I’m in California, and the weather is beautiful, so people are just living it up in the streets without masks and little distancing. I also suspect I had COVID in February but haven’t been tested.

Poppy
Registered

Reputable Member

@notmycircus, Meaning to reply to your thoughts, here, I mistakenly simply added a Random Thought, to the latest of those, this morning.

Keep doing what you know is right, ok?  Taurus smiley  

Page 597 / 617

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 2MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved