Notifications
Clear all

Random Thoughts Thread 2  

Page 583 / 603

LN
 LN
Registered
Estimable Member

What l want to know is ;when are they going to make these phones more like bouncy balls. That is the feature  we could all benefit from. 😤 

2 Replies
JoFrance
Registered

Prominent Member

@ln, you can get some really good cases that are pretty sturdy.  I have a Spigen case and dropped it once and the phone was unharmed.  It was cheap too.  I think around $20.

NotMyCircus
Registered

Noble Member

@ln If i get my iPhone fixed, I plan on getting it an Otterbox. I wish the phone would bounce right back into my hand when it drops, but it doesn't. Pooh.

PurpleStarGirl
Registered
Prominent Member

I'm fully convinced that this house is sucking the energy out of me. Inside the house, I feel lethargic, achy, and a bit anxious. I step outside or I'm running around town with my mom, I feel fine. I have no idea why. Scorpio ASC w/3rd house Sun conjunct Neptune?

2 Replies
Daisys Mom
Registered

@purplestargirl

Do you have a Smart Meter on your home?  You might want to look up EMF sensitivity, and see if it applies.

http://emfsafetynetwork.org/safety-precautions/electrical-sensitivity/

PurpleStarGirl
Registered

Prominent Member

@daisys-mom I do feel energies within the environment such as spirits and the projection of emotional energy, but not coming from people, which is why I'm not an empath. Wouldn't surprise me if I was affected by electromagnetic fields.

soup
 soup
Registered
Noble Member

My mother told me all my life that when I was a child my father signed paperwork to say he didn't want me anymore. 

My mother told this story my entire life. 

I finally asked my dad why? He was mortified. And, said no document like this exists and never did. And it never could. He said he wishes he had known this decades ago. 

My mother lied to me. She kept me from my dad all my life based on this lie. 

My own mother betrayed me. And, she did it for all the years of my life. 

7 Replies
aspire
Registered

Reputable Member

@soup yikes soup, that is a jolt!  

It is bad if she did that, but what if she didn’t? Is there any way you can get solid proof one way or the other?

Or maybe let both their stories - and them - go? be free of all the stories and move on?

soup
 soup
Registered

Noble Member

@aspire She has never been able to produce any paperwork that supports this claim and my grandmother had their divorce papers- which I did read and nothing ever mentioned me. I would sure like to find these mystery documents she claims exist. My father says they don't....

People need to leave their children out of their adult dysfunction. 

I have 6 decades of thinking I was unwanted. 

Lets say my ex did do something like this.

I would never repeatedly tell my child his father didn't want him. Why would any parent tell this story? I wouldn't want my child to ever feel unloved or abandoned. She aggressively told this story over and over again. 

aspire
Registered

Reputable Member

@soup  right - why would they do such a thing?! It’s so cruel! It’s hard to twist your mind into their perspective. It must be that they are passing along inherited pain. Your opportunity in this is to be the one that breaks that legacy and it sounds like that’s exactly what you are doing. Their loss!!

JoFrance
Registered

Prominent Member

@soup, my parents both did things like that to me as a kid.  They did it to get me on "their side" in their hateful arguments with each other.  I was too young to really understand what was going on so I was always torn one way or the other, a bargaining chip.

It was a sick manipulation game.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin

Famed Member

Sheesh!

CrisLondon
Registered

Reputable Member

@soup

Sorry that this happened to you. Not fair at all!

NotMyCircus
Registered

Noble Member

@soup Growing up, my mom told me and my sister that our birth father didn't care about us. She said he lives 15 minutes away from our great-grandmother's house. If he really cared about us--he'd come looking for us.

I wanted to go looking for him when I was a teenager but was terrified of being rejected. What if he wasn't ready to be a husband and father when we were born, I told myself. For me and my sister, I suspect this estrangement and alleged rejection messed up ALL of our future relationships with men. (Our stepdad has been a great dad, btw. But that hasn't changed the above fact.)

Years later, when my sister was in her late 20's she searched for him. After running into a bunch of roadblocks, she started to believe that Mom was right--he didn't care. One day things lined up and BOOM! She found him. 

Turns out, he'd been looking for us, for YEARS. He and his second wife went out every Friday after work and searched. By the time I was thinking of trying to find him.....he'd given up. Then his wife died. Then he had a stroke. His family prayed and prayed for us to find him before his time was up. We reunited in Georgia (he lived in Alabama) and he met his grandkids. He lit up like a Christmas tree when he saw us. He trembled when he hugged me. We had about a year and a half before he suffered a second massive stroke and died from complications a few weeks later. 

I forgive Mom. I think she was trying to protect us because his family (many of them) are not the most wholesome people. I got a skeezy vibe from them. Not sure why she couldn't have just told us at some point, some of them are bad people. We knew our birth father had issues with his work ethic and never made a lot of money. When his had visitation with us, we weren't watched very closely at all. After Mom remarried, he pretty much disappeared. (I think he felt like our stepdad would do a better job raising us.) So he's not perfect by any means. I had to "live in a state of forgiveness" as my husband used to say. 

Sorry this is so long. Just wanted to let you know you're not the only one who wishes their parents would just TELL THE TRUTH. (In my case, both of them!)

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Famed Member

Going to lunch and hear about my friend's possible dementia. She will also see my new posture for the first time... she's the gal who dropped me at the hospital.

It's also the first time we've gone to lunch since Covid.  It's been months!

I'm really curious how business will be in one of our regular haunts.  It feels good to be getting back to normal. I just hope it stays this way!

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Famed Member

Alltop Astrology

We're #1 in 2020.  THANK YOU!

3 Replies
JoFrance
Registered

Prominent Member

@elsa, that's fabulous and well deserved!

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin

Famed Member

Thanks! But it's the three of us. You have to scroll to see the notes. Smile

Satsun
Registered

Honorable Member

@elsa

Wow! Great! Congratulations!

CocoPeaches
Registered
Reputable Member

@soup, I'm really sorry to hear about what your mom put you through. Sounds like it could be a good thing to get the facts straight now, if you're able to uncover the truth while your parents are still alive? Even if you can't get to the bottom of it, it sounds like an opportunity to revisit the trauma and work through it. You're one tough lady. I hope you get some relief soon.

@JoFrance - you too. Hugs.

Page 583 / 603

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 2MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved