Notifications
Clear all

Random Thoughts Thread 2  

Page 576 / 584

Tam
 Tam
Registered
Noble Member

The descendants of the Dustbowl (Uranus in Taurus) families that moved West to save themselves are now dealing with the fires. We had fires here in the past and the 24 hours a day of smoke gets to you, or at least it did me. I sincerely thought about driving to VA for a few hours just to breathe clean air.

The first job I had, I worked with an older woman from the Midwest, she said that her family had to have a rope from the front porch to the barn so that they could feed the animals without getting lost. That seems beyond belief that it was so bad outside that you could get lost in the yard.

1 Reply
Hades Moon
Registered

Prominent Member

@tam gosh, that’s extraordinary to think a rope was required!

I remember thinking of where I could go to escape the smoke at the beginning of the year. There was nowhere. The only way out would have required a plane.

From Dec-March, I’m praying for it to be mild.

Hades Moon
Registered
Prominent Member

I have been working on my video presentation. I am actually enjoying this, and now wish all assessments could be this way 🎬🎭.

My niece is expected to give birth by October. It is her second child and her first little boy 🧸 💕

1 Reply
Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@hades-moon Good luck to you and your niece! You will have a pretty Libra grandchild! Smile

Sue Ellen
Registered
Reputable Member

The past two mornings, the sun was a visible orange-yellow circle in a gray sky. It’s smoke from the fires in the far western USA. The jet stream is carrying the smoke to the east coast. I am east of the Mississippi River. Usually I don’t look at the sun at all. It’s a bright beam of blinding light.  I thought I smelled smoke yesterday evening. 

If it’s surreal here, it must be unbreathable out west. My sympathies to all the people and animals that are impacted.  

4 Replies
Hades Moon
Registered

Prominent Member

@sue-ellen It’s very sad. I just read how the smoke is travelling over Europe. We have lost most of our koala population due to the fires.
My thoughts and prayers are with all affected.

NotMyCircus
Registered

Noble Member

@sue-ellen Here in Georgia I haven't noticed anything different--yet. I looked at a map that shows the jet stream just misses my state. Good. I remember the smoke smell and hazy air of the Georgia wildfires of 2017, how fearful I was for my clients as the fires came within 20 miles of us. I don't care to repeat that experience. 

The skies have been blue here. A lady on Facebook talked about the evil orange skies on the West Coast, and how BLUE is the opposite of ORANGE. She encourages those who are forced to look at orange skies, to look at BLUE things--objects, pictures--to counter the trauma of scary orange skies. I thought about that while driving. 

soup
 soup
Registered

Noble Member

@blue_rose    we are neighbors!!!!! 😎

Occhineri
Registered

Trusted Member

@sue-ellen I’m in Southern California, and the skies are fairly clear, and the sun is no longer red. I think it’s much worse up north.

Osiris Wife
Registered
Noble Member

9 months ago the Sun started a new weather cycle called Solar Cycle 25; apparently it takes a few months to log a new cycle. Solar Cycle 25 will peak in ~July 2025 just as Uranus ingress Gemini.

Interesting!

https://www.space.com/sun-weather-solar-cycle-25-began-quiet-predictions.html

NotMyCircus
Registered
Noble Member

Tonight I called to wish my dad a happy birthday and we talked a bit. It's been so long. Maybe since May or June when the family had Zoom calls?

Anyway, he's doing well. He started the day off with The Beatles' song "When I'm Sixty-Four". Had a good birthday. We may get together soon, but not at their house. Maybe socially distanced at the park (his suggestion due to me working with high-risk clients, and Mom's ongoing health issues.) Mom has lingering respiratory problems from last winter (COVID? Who knows??). She also has high blood pressure and is obese. I think 2020 is doing a number on her health--Dad said her glucose levels are high, and I fear she is headed for diabetes. 😞 

Strange how being isolated from your family due to a pandemic makes you realize how much you miss them.

1 Reply
Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@blue_rose

Awwww... Happ Birthday to your dad! Smile we have the same situation, but in reverse. I miss my folks too, but we talk at least once a day. I don't know who is it more helpful for...me or them...

PurpleStarGirl
Registered
Prominent Member

It doesn't feel like summer anymore. It's more autumn now. The house is getting chilly in the evening. At least I'm getting new jeans tomorrow because winter is going to be cold and rainy for me.

And more purple hair dye. At least I have a reddish plum hair color and just plain purple (a blue based one) will probably show up nicely.

5 Replies
Occhineri
Registered

Trusted Member

@purplestargirl I wish summer was over; it was around 100 degrees here today.

PurpleStarGirl
Registered

Prominent Member

@occhineri I keep getting hot flashes at night that aren't helped at all by the heat (So much for having fun in my 30's). Also my current residence is about 135 years old and only has a heating system. Summer is humid here due to the semi-arid climate so it just makes it brutual for me.

And I hope it cools down for you soon.

Occhineri
Registered

Trusted Member
  • @purplestargirl Sorry about  the hot flashes. I’m 51, so I know all about them, unfortunately! 
PurpleStarGirl
Registered

Prominent Member

@occhineri I'm only 30, I'll be 31 in December, and I shouldn't be getting them! They haven't been happening as of late but I think that's due to the temperatures dropping.

JoFrance
Registered

Honorable Member

@occhineri, amen to that!  It was in the 90's every day for the entire summer where I live and humid.  I spent almost every day in the air conditioning, except for the very early mornings.

I am so happy its back in the 70's and feeling like fall.   I can go outside again.    Smile  

Page 576 / 584