Random Thoughts Thr...

Notifications
Clear all

Random Thoughts Thread 2  

Page 575 / 584

Vesta
Registered
Prominent Member

Looking online for bioethanol fireplaces for the new house. It can get pretty cold and we have a heating system that takes heat from the earth and redistributes it across the building through these radiator thingies in every room. Not sufficient for my tropical fata**. Since the apartment does not have a flue/chimney, bioethanol is my only option.

I am fantasizing about a classic fireplace though. Wood burning smell, cackle, embers, good book, wine, sleeping on a carpet in front of the fire....stuff that my dreams are made of. Smile

1 Reply
Hades Moon
Registered

Prominent Member

@vesta sounds heavenly. Nothing is as cosy as a fireplace. 

Osiris Wife
Registered
Noble Member

Oh well the new name change didn't work so well ... the internet Gods want me to be Osiris Wife or maybe it's Pluto claiming me ...

Laughing Out Loud

1 Reply
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin

Famed Member

I can change your display name if you want... far as I know. Smile

Tam
 Tam
Registered
Noble Member

Tonight I caught myself worrying that I wasn't worried enough about my life. Virgo Moon at your service 

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Famed Member

We've discussed this before. 12 doorknob suicides.

This was also depicted on the series, The Fall.

Allie
Registered
Prominent Member

Tuesday deadlifts:

Song “Take Down the CCP” Miles Guo. Elsa shared this song and I like it!

11 Replies
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin

Famed Member

@allie120 I thought it would make a great workout song!

Allie
Registered

Prominent Member

@elsa Yes! Fire! 🔥 

Hades Moon
Registered

Prominent Member

@allie120 just noticed this....how awesome! You rock Allie 😎👍🏻

Allie
Registered

Prominent Member

@hades-moon Thank you! Just working the program! Week 10 of 16. No meets but I will have my own private mini meet, aka “test day” to see where I am 😃

Hades Moon
Registered

Prominent Member

@allie120 wow...week 10 already, past the halfway point!. 

Love how you have a mini meet 😄. Nothing like good old fashioned self-motivation 😎

Allie
Registered

Prominent Member

@hades-moon Thanks! It’s a way to measure progress. Also the program I’ve been on for a year (3x) is based off your max or best efforts in the squat, bench, and deadlift. Much of the training is percentages of those, with some RPE mixed in (rate of perceived exertion), and builds on that. So you don’t train your max or 10RPE ever, except for meets or test. 

Anyway, it’s good to know where to start 😃 I’ve been doing this program for a year. This is my third time. It’s good but I think I will look at something else, just to change it up. There are some differences among the programs but it’s not worth stressing over, as long as they focus on the big three moves with supporting supplemental and accessory work. And allow you to focus on your weaknesses. 

I love powerlifting because it is both immediate gratification (move a bar with weight) and long term focus (analysis of how it felt, was form good, what cues work best, how can I be better...).

Hades Moon
Registered

Prominent Member

@allie120
“Immediate gratification...and long term focus”-that sounds good, I can understand how this can become a passion. As just a layman on this topic, I know that to maintain bone and muscle mass and have a decent metabolism, weight training is the way to go. I understand what you do though, is on a whole different level ⬆️. You must release a decent amount of endorphins Smile  .

Your metabolism would be awesome. For this reason alone, I’d be motivated to do basic weight training.

Allie
Registered

Prominent Member

@hades-moon I would love to go to Nationals one day! I only did one local meet but it was fun! I’m in a great age category lol. I’m 55.

I think resistance training is as important as getting cardio. No matter what, I believe it should always be something you like doing! I used to do yoga at my gym but I haven’t been back and think I am canceling my membership 😭. I know I can do videos so I should try that some day.

Hades Moon
Registered

Prominent Member

@allie120 Yeah, that would be the Ultimate (re nationals), way to go 👍🏻, hope to hear you do!

I agree, enjoyment is the key to keeping up the exercise long term.

Salamander
Registered

Trusted Member

@allie120 Resistance training is awesome and critical to do with age.

I secured a sports medicine appointment for Monday! I'm making an effort to believe that things can go well, that I can be happy again. I want a healthy body I can continue developing so that I can be old and spry. Smile

Allie
Registered

Prominent Member

@salamander Yes! Never stop!

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Famed Member

Bergman version of Gaslight is on Roku channel, free right now.

1 Reply
Allie
Registered

Prominent Member

@elsa Excellent movie. Game-changer.

Page 575 / 584