Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Random Thoughts Thread 2
Curl
Scandinavia
Sun
Members
Forum Posts: 671
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Thursday, July 9, 2020 - 9:03 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Follow the intuition! And morning pages really really help.

If you haven’t started, read about them and get started immediately. They are a vehicle of creative recovery.

The following users say thanks to Curl for this post:

PurpleStarGirl, CrisLondon
PurpleStarGirl
Montana USA
Sun
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 878
Thursday, July 9, 2020 - 5:00 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I know journaling via free-writing is supposed to help remove the blocks that prevent the creative energy from flowing.

And I actually do my best writing at night when it’s all quiet. Doing it first thing in the morning does not work for me. Thanks for suggesting that with morning pages though.

Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Forum Posts: 9160
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
Thursday, July 9, 2020 - 1:47 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Okay, so 90% he is alive…

Which makes up from the heartbreak I suffered from finding out, I’ve been the lifelong fan of a pedophile.

The following users say thanks to Elsa for this post:

Warped by Wuthering Heights
soup
SuperStar
Members
Forum Posts: 1942
Thursday, July 9, 2020 - 5:08 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Where is the beginning of this part of the thread… I am trying to find it. Who is alive and who is a pedo ??? 

The following users say thanks to soup for this post:

aspire, Warped by Wuthering Heights, CrisLondon
Sue Ellen
KY USA; Cap Sun, Cancer Moon, Taurus rising
Star
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 1026
Thursday, July 9, 2020 - 7:28 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

The following users say thanks to Sue Ellen for this post:

soup
Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Friday, July 10, 2020 - 3:52 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m sorry and responsible for the confusion. I did not name the pedophile because it’s not widely known and the person is dead. I did tell a friend who was also a fan. It disturbed her though not as bad as it hit me. After processing this over the last days, I decided not to mention it to other people who I know who are fans, to spare them. If it becomes common knowledge, then they will find out. But otherwise, i intend to contain it because it does not help to know.

I am writing this, specifically for, soup. Reason being, I am pretty sure she going to suffer something very similar at some point.

Consider this. You take your kids or grandkids to see a celebrity, or let’s say I introduce my kids to this person who it turns out, rapes little boys. I would never knowingly introduce my kids to a pedophile in any way, shape or form. In a way, there’s a trust. But it’s possible you find out your trust was misplaced.  It blindsides you, because you made an idol out of a fucking pedo. Vomit.

CrisLondon
Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Friday, July 10, 2020 - 5:45 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

And the living person is JFK Jr. 

I realize I sound crazy to some but the odds this is the case are very high from what I can see. If so, it will be the most mind-blowing event of my entire lifetime.

And a crazy happy thing.

dolce
Sun
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 554
Friday, July 10, 2020 - 9:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hope you’re right. That would be incredible.

The following users say thanks to dolce for this post:

Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Thursday, July 9, 2020 - 8:10 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you.

Buendia
Sun
Members
Forum Posts: 668
Thursday, July 9, 2020 - 10:29 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Lately, it feels as though only two people are speaking—well, bickering and fighting and generally being at each other’s throats—in the whole wide world. Person A and Person B. 

If this—the world—were a work place… some regular fishbowl, or department… people would say person A and person B just need to fuck already. 

Years ago, a lady I worked with wore earplugs to work to tune out a mouthy A and B. 

I feel for her. Recently invested in my own pair.

The following users say thanks to Buendia for this post:

Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Friday, July 10, 2020 - 3:29 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

What a scary way to see things. In reality, each person is an individual with specific knowledge and experience. I don’t think it’s a good idea to dehumanize people. To each their own but I just feel compelled to refute this. It makes people sound like turds, to be flushed. We’re not that simple and we benefit from working together.

Buendia
Sun
Members
Friday, July 10, 2020 - 11:04 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I actually agree, Elsa. So much. That was the point of my post. I see so many people painting with massively broad strokes—about the “other side,” speaking for millions, if not billions of people, when in reality, there’s infinite perspectives. I wish people would try to see the People in the problems, to work together rather than focus on being right.

the irony was intentional… it all depresses and frustrates me, so I’m doing a “detox” of sorts. Sorry for my vent. 

The following users say thanks to Buendia for this post:

Elsa, Warped by Wuthering Heights
Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Friday, July 10, 2020 - 1:07 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

No need to apologize. I’m just really aware right now… if anything we’re all in tiny isolated cubicles.

For example, I know someone who lives in the country (even more so than we do). He has listened to NPR and nothing but for more than ten years.  TEN YEARS!  That’s the only station he gets at his place.

Consequently, he knows absolutely nothing about anything that station has not covered.

People should really think twice about assuming another person’s level of stupidity.  You only see what you’re shown (on the internet).  I realized awhile ago… I mean the news or information that I access or enjoy come from what’s on my screen.

If you’re on your screen, you probably don’t know how to see my screen and vice versa.  However this might be accomplished, it’s pretty much the way it is.

So couple that with an individual’s particular experience or areas of knowledge, we’re definitely in our own worlds, plus there are so many distractions and things to get done, we really don’t get to know each other, the way we used to. I mean, it’s rare.

Osiris Wife, Warped by Wuthering Heights, Buendia
Buendia
Sun
Members
Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 9:21 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks Elsa:)) and I know you’re right, and I agree; I guess that’s what I’m responding to. I’m definitely not assuming anyone’s stupidity or anything about anyone, just responding to the energy that is thick right now. I just don’t like the anger and fighting and oneupmanship and constant degradation (the idea that people must be stupid or confused or less than for believing such and such! Like you said). Hard to listen to, hard to watch after awhile. It hurts… I know it’s too simple to want everyone to just kiss and make up already… but if only things were that simple…

Funny you should mention screens, that’s the detox I’m doing. I miss my mind and everything else before all the apps. I can’t go back, but I hope to move forward differently. 

Libra Noir
Zodiac
Members
Forum Posts: 2521
Friday, July 10, 2020 - 1:59 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I feel that maybe it appears like that because it’s an archetypal battle going on in the collective consciousness. So the two concepts being weighed need to be really crystallized in order for them to be judged properly and everything to go into it’s right place in the universe in a natural way instead of being manipulated like it has been for millennia. 

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 1202
Currently Online: Elsa, Windsaloft2, susane
Guest(s) 68
Currently Browsing this Page:
3 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Newest Members:
keels
Alessandra
Castleflower
Forum Stats: