Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Random Thoughts Thread 2
Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Forum Posts: 9161
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
Monday, July 6, 2020 - 5:55 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Stephen King’s next book will be about adrenochrome.

JoFrance
Sun
Members
Forum Posts: 759
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Wednesday, July 8, 2020 - 6:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

That is beyond creepy, but then so is he.ย  I’m sure he knows all about adrenochrome.

NotMyCircus
northeast Georgia
Celestial sphere
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 3018
Monday, July 6, 2020 - 8:11 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Looks like my state is in the national news again. Yay. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Governor Kemp has declared a state of emergency (I thought we were already under one until July 12th? August 11th?). He is activating up to 1,000 National Guard members because of all the violence and destruction in Atlanta. 31 people were shot and 5 killed this weekend, including an 8-year-old girl.ย 

JoFrance
Sun
Members
Forum Posts: 759
Wednesday, July 8, 2020 - 7:21 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m glad the governor had the sense to call the National Guard in.ย  It was so sad about the little girl.ย  I can’t imagine her parent’s grief.ย  We can’t tolerate all the violence and destruction that is going on in this country.ย  Its time to stop it all.

PurpleStarGirl
Montana USA
Sun
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 878
Tuesday, July 7, 2020 - 12:44 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m getting to the point where I’d rather be complimented on the good aspects of my personality instead of how physically attractive someone finds me. Sure, it’s nice of them to think that but it’s nothing more than a personal opinion. I’m okay with my body for the most part and for someone else to have an opinion on it, good or bad, it makes me uncomfortable. Tell me you love how caring I can be, how I make you laugh, how much you love how silly I can be or you love the way I break out in weird dance moves when listening to music, how much you enjoy my rambling…that’s what I want to hear. Not about hot I am because while I know how sexy I can be, I’m more than a physical body.

The following users say thanks to PurpleStarGirl for this post:

Opalina, CrisLondon
Opalina
Sun
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 654
Tuesday, July 7, 2020 - 4:12 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Its hurtful. I remember in an attempt to make my sister feel better she said “yes Opalina has the looks but Kathy has a personality” This was devastating for me to hear.

My sister and I were having a conversation about a year ago and she said all she ever wanted to be was pretty {she is very pretty by the way}. I said all I wanted to be was appreciated for my intelligence . I eventually aspired to be like my oldest sister a kind, sweet pisces. She is so loved by all.

Even though I did not realize it at the time , being attractive really is an asset. Appreciate it while you have got it.

The following users say thanks to Opalina for this post:

PurpleStarGirl, Curl, CrisLondon
Curl
Scandinavia
Sun
Members
Forum Posts: 671
Tuesday, July 7, 2020 - 2:23 am

Amidst all the doom and gloom, I wanted to share a story of happiness. Friend of mine discovered love! heartheartheart

You would think they are the first couple since Adam and Lilith! ๐Ÿ˜€ I am especially happy for her because she is independent, feisty, has family wounds to heal, and more importantly, was just recovering from a nasty bout of illness. I loved to hear about her news a few weeks ago on the phone, but today made it real because they became instagram official. ๐Ÿ™‚ The glow of being in love is so so special, and I wanted to share it with you all, so its potency increases with the number of people celebrating and cheering it on. animated-smileys-christmas-118_gif

P.S. Astrologically, it was an eyeopener how underrated Midheaven is, when it comes to relationship timing. Her Progressed venus was at midheaven when they met, where it also was conjunct her natal Chiron (family wounds are apparent). Her Midheaven also changed signs around the same time. Progressed Mars is currently in her 7th.ย 

Solar Arc moon was conjunct her Descendent. ๐Ÿ™‚ And SA Jupiter was conjuct Juno. This is it guys! This is the man/relationship for her. ๐Ÿ™‚ I am so happy!

The following users say thanks to Curl for this post:

PurpleStarGirl, Opalina, Hades Moon, CrisLondon
PurpleStarGirl
Montana USA
Sun
Limited Access

Members
Tuesday, July 7, 2020 - 3:02 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m happy to hear that for your friend. ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s what I want but my biggest fear is that I’m not cut out for relationships. Plus I feel that I missed my chance for love. Anyways, it’s always great to hear when someone finds that one person that loves them for them and there is no hidden agenda.

Curl
Scandinavia
Sun
Members
Tuesday, July 7, 2020 - 3:26 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

You are way too young and way too adorable to have such a fatalistic view on life. We love you here! I am sure, you will find someone who wholeheartedly wants to be with you, no ifs and buts.

Life is effin’ complicated and bliss lasts a nanosecond. Contentment is the overarching goal and its completely dependent on ourselves, not the’Other’.

Not being snarky or preachy. Even if one achieves the fairytale, life does not automatically look like a perfect runway to fly your plane from. So, you have not lost anything – not time, not a chance to love, not a chance to be happy.

Huge, huge hugs. You will be okay.

The following users say thanks to Curl for this post:

PurpleStarGirl, teeceedee7
Curl
Scandinavia
Sun
Members
Tuesday, July 7, 2020 - 3:40 am

This is for you, @CrisLondon. I just checked. Tr NNode went over her midheaven recently (last 4 months) too. ๐Ÿ™‚

NotMyCircus
northeast Georgia
Celestial sphere
Limited Access
Wednesday, July 8, 2020 - 7:40 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tonight I’m looking at places in the area to live. Feels like I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place. Renting a room is about all I can afford. However, a concern is coming up in my mind.ย 

If one of my clients gets COVID, and is being treated at home, I will still be expected to gown up, glove up and give care. Yes, I would be exposed to the virus and likely bring it home. So far, it hasn’t happened, but with the numbers going up, it likely will. Is it unreasonable for me to pass on any rental situations where I would have to share a bathroom? At least if I had to quarantine, it would reduce (not eliminate, let’s get real) the risk of infecting others in the home if I had my own bedroom/bathroom set-up. I probably should also avoid multiple roommate situations (more than 2-3 people in the house), especially with people who like to socialize and have friends over.

Am I being stupid about this? Too picky? I’m nervous about even renting an apartment, due to them being tight quarters and the possibility of the virus floating through ductwork (isn’t that how Chris Cuomo’s family got it?)

Libra Noir
Zodiac
Members
Forum Posts: 2521
Wednesday, July 8, 2020 - 8:47 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I say, just find a comfortable place to live and let the virus do what itโ€™s going to do. Itโ€™ll all work out. It always does right?ย 

The following users say thanks to Libra Noir for this post:

CrisLondon
NotMyCircus
northeast Georgia
Celestial sphere
Limited Access
Wednesday, July 8, 2020 - 9:59 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I guess so. My housemate who teaches school says shes going to get COVID when she goes back this fall to teach classes in person. She’s sure of it.

However, her fiance inspects a chicken plant that had dozens of cases and the worst thing that happened was he had to work longer hours for awhile and got hazard pay.ย 

The way things are going in the U.S.–we are all going to get this virus at some point. Whether roommies are willing to share a bathroom if one of us gets infected, well….I’ll have to see how people feel about it.ย 

Warped by Wuthering Heights
Planetary ruler
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 447
Friday, July 10, 2020 - 12:08 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

NMC, are you familiar with Travel Nurse Housing?ย  Short or long-term furnished rooms, guest houses, studios, and apartments listed on sites for medical personnel working or studying in area but not relocating permanently.ย  Could be an affordable option until you find something permanent…

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=trav…..038;ia=web

The following users say thanks to Warped by Wuthering Heights for this post:

Opalina
PurpleStarGirl
Montana USA
Sun
Limited Access

Members
Wednesday, July 8, 2020 - 11:26 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

The creative writing bug has bit my ass again. I hope it stays this time. But I guess that’s why I should be journaling to keep that energy flowing.

Got the plot in mind, now to create my main character. And an element of it will be taken from a recent dream I had if anyone reads that thread. My Venus sign gives a hint of the genre and I actually did write a story in high school for a school assignment that had the same theme.

The following users say thanks to PurpleStarGirl for this post:

Curl
dolce
is currently browsing this topic
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 1202
Currently Online: Elsa, dolce, Windsaloft2
Guest(s) 48
Currently Browsing this Page: dolce
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Newest Members: