Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Random Thoughts Thread 2
DarkAquarian
Planetary ruler
Members
Forum Posts: 474
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Wednesday, July 1, 2020 - 4:36 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sure, there may be a reality to it, but a mask isn’t going to stop anything. You would need military Hazmat LVL 3 or 4 gear so that your oxygen intake is isolated from the environ.

Virus particles are too small for medical grade, N95 or homemade masks to work. It’s practically an illusory security blanket.

The following users say thanks to DarkAquarian for this post:

strawb.
NotMyCircus
northeast Georgia
Celestial sphere
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 3018
Wednesday, July 1, 2020 - 6:46 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

So technically that means healthcare workers shouldn’t wear them, either. 

The following users say thanks to NotMyCircus for this post:

soup
aspire
Pisces Sun - Cap Asc - Leo Moon
Planetary ruler
Members
Forum Posts: 307
Wednesday, July 1, 2020 - 8:44 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dark Aquarian, 

That link disagrees with information posted on the CDC site if you go there directly. 
if you go directly to the coronavirus section of the CDC site you can see that they recommend masks. I’m not sure about the beginning of the link you posted – could it be a bogus redirect? In any case, there is a conflict between the two.

There are countless studies proving that masks help. The tiny aerosol particles tend to be attached to larger particles that are blocked by masks. Of course they are not perfect, but they help. And we need all the help we can get these days. It’s hard to argue with the surging numbers.

I’m afraid that the problem today is that anyone can find someone ‘proving’ any point of view. We can’t just blindly accept what appears reasonable. It takes a lot of hard work to get at the facts. It is much easier just to accept what we hear. It is hard work to be a good world citizen these days!

The following users say thanks to aspire for this post:

Sue Ellen
DarkAquarian
Planetary ruler
Members
Wednesday, July 1, 2020 - 11:02 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, that is the point.

Discussion

In this review, we did not find evidence to support a protective effect of personal protective measures or environmental measures in reducing influenza transmission. Although these measures have mechanistic support based on our knowledge of how influenza is transmitted from person to person, randomized trials of hand hygiene and face masks have not demonstrated protection against laboratory-confirmed influenza, with 1 exception (18). We identified only 2 RCTs on environmental cleaning and no RCTs on cough etiquette.

I have nothing more to say. Do as you will, believe what you will.

Have you lived in an area where there’s fire? Or painted aircraft? Many, including myself, have and you can still get cacinogen/smoke or paint particles in your lungs. Those particles are much larger than virus particles.

But again, do thou will.

strawb.
aspire
Pisces Sun - Cap Asc - Leo Moon
Planetary ruler
Members
Forum Posts: 307
Thursday, July 2, 2020 - 10:38 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

And note the above quote was not pertaining to coronavirus. That whole article you referenced was about influenza. We have never been told to wear masks to protect against flu and thank goodness!

Coronavirus is different and there is virtually zero credible science saying that masks don’t work for coronavirus. If you check, you will find nearly every medical/scientific study saying that they do work.  But that said, they are not 100% effective. They do significantly reduce the possibility of transmission. Even if it is just 50% that’s good enough for me. 

Since 44% of people out there carry the virus without having any symptoms themselves, I’m masking up. It’s no big deal, it’s not hard; it’s just not a risk I want to take.

Heck, I could be a carrier myself and I sure don’t want to give it to you. 

The following users say thanks to aspire for this post:

jana, soup
DarkAquarian
Planetary ruler
Members
Thursday, July 2, 2020 - 1:21 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Again, virus particles are of an extremely similar size.

jana, strawb.
Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Forum Posts: 9160
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
Thursday, July 2, 2020 - 2:38 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

With Jupiter in Capricorn, we learn that the truth ages well.

The following users say thanks to Elsa for this post:

jana, aspire, soup, NotMyCircus
Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Forum Posts: 9160
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
Thursday, July 2, 2020 - 3:58 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

The following users say thanks to Elsa for this post:

soup, Warped by Wuthering Heights, jana, NotMyCircus
soup
SuperStar
Members
Forum Posts: 1942
Thursday, July 2, 2020 - 10:43 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

GOOSEBUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS THE USA!

The following users say thanks to soup for this post:

Warped by Wuthering Heights
PurpleStarGirl
Montana USA
Sun
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 878
Thursday, July 2, 2020 - 7:06 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I bought a 12 oz bottle of Jameson Irish whiskey yesterday and mixed it with regular Coke and it came out pretty good. I might have to try mixing it with Cherry Coke to see if that’s good.

I also hate the fact that Mr. Archer was right about it tasting better by mixing it with ginger ale after he suggested I try it that way. Sometimes I just don’t believe what he says is true.

Also bought a new purple lipstick called Sapphire Siren because I don’t know what happened with the violet voltage one I got a few months ago. This new one is pretty bold but I like it.

NotMyCircus
northeast Georgia
Celestial sphere
Limited Access
Thursday, July 2, 2020 - 7:41 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Saturn’s back in Capricorn. 

Anyone notice?

Space Cadet, soup
PurpleStarGirl
Montana USA
Sun
Limited Access

Members
Thursday, July 2, 2020 - 7:44 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nope. My natal Saturn is in Capricorn so pretty hard for me to notice if transiting Saturn’s in the same sign. I only noticed it when my Return started and shit hit the metaphysical fan so to speak.

The following users say thanks to PurpleStarGirl for this post:

NotMyCircus, jana
NotMyCircus
northeast Georgia
Celestial sphere
Limited Access
Thursday, July 2, 2020 - 9:38 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

At first I didn’t notice either. But about a week ago, I started seeing news stories of governors shutting down businesses again, in hotspot states. A local nurse (the one that makes elderberry syrup) has said we’re about to go into quarantine again. She is getting ready to hunker down. I can feel it too. Last March and April, everything around closed so quick. I could almost hear the doors slam slam slam. 

This time around, my pantry is full. Even though I’m moving in a month and it’s stupid to build the pantry up, I’m doing it anyway, because I’m more afraid of supply shortages than the virus at this point. 

PurpleStarGirl, jana
PurpleStarGirl
Montana USA
Sun
Limited Access

Members
Thursday, July 2, 2020 - 10:00 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Our local hospital is restricting visitors again. That could be Saturn in Capricorn energy once more.

The following users say thanks to PurpleStarGirl for this post:

NotMyCircus, jana
Space Cadet
Planet
Members
Forum Posts: 142
Thursday, July 2, 2020 - 10:38 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I notice because I’ve been working furiously. I leave my job at the end of next week for a more attractive offer. I’m a highly valued employee there and it feels like I’m abandoning them in a difficult time. So I’ve been making sure everything is set up well for my replacement. I’m a supervisor, and she’s an assistant supervisor so by her moving up, one of the people below her also has a chance to move up. They received this news today, so Saturn is bringing new responsibilities to others around me too.

I am also putting together a more robust work-from-home procedure so that no one in my section has to physically come into the office at all (unless my boss insists upon it). I had held off on this because I was okay with coming in myself and also didn’t realize how useful a certain remote option could be until urgency inspired me to look into it more.

Uranus trine my natal Saturn is really helping out with all this! If I am abandoning them, I want my last weeks to be a blaze of glory in which I help everyone in a big way. That’s going well so far.

Saturn is coming into opposition with my Sun though. I am really hoping I can somehow avoid this being a negative influence, especially with a new job starting soon. I am trying to bust my ass to do the right thing.

I will say that the previous opposition wasn’t that bad, just a time I had to consider a tough decision, so maybe there’s hope. At this point I don’t think I ought to try reverse the decision I’ve made and I don’t want to at all. I just don’t want to screw everyone over in the process of improving my own circumstances. So I am channeling my guilt into productivity to clear my conscience.

The following users say thanks to Space Cadet for this post:

NotMyCircus, soup, Warped by Wuthering Heights, jana, Sue Ellen
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 1202
Currently Online: Elsa
Guest(s) 68
Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Newest Members:
keels
Alessandra