Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Random Thoughts Thread 2
CrisLondon
London (UK)
Planetary ruler
Members
Forum Posts: 291
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Thursday, June 4, 2020 - 2:58 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Osiris Wife, thank you for your kind comment  🙂

Two weekend days of lots of neptune energy (films, idleness, daydreaming, music videos, escapism) should help a lot…till the next weekend.

I’ll always find ‘adulting’ hard with my astrology yet as I snatched myself a lovely double Taurus husband I get his help with the lack of earth, hehe.

anonymoushermit
Milky Way
Members
Forum Posts: 5527
Thursday, June 4, 2020 - 4:46 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think I’m going to pour salt around my apartment, to cleanse it of negative energy! smile

The following users say thanks to anonymoushermit for this post:

CrisLondon
Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Forum Posts: 32347
Thursday, June 4, 2020 - 7:50 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I want it on my site but people can’t remain civil. I don’t want people to sign on and read some shitty comment about themselves, how they are stupid or whatever. This is my business. Midara is also trying to have a business. If we don’t succeed, the forum goes down.
Remember, you are not product here. We work for free and ask for your support. I’ve put in 20 years.

I want to host a place when people can come and discuss things. I don’t want keyboard zorro bullshit. Mostly, I don’t want people hurt, if it can be avoided.

It’s pretty simple. No personal attacks!!!

And also, leave me out of it. I am in the middle of horrific transits.

I am in real life now. There is no virtual life.

The following users say thanks to Elsa for this post:

CrisLondon, Satsun
anonymoushermit
Milky Way
Members
Forum Posts: 5527
Friday, June 5, 2020 - 1:02 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

So, there’s supposed to be a full moon today. That travelling energy…..

The following users say thanks to anonymoushermit for this post:

CrisLondon
CrisLondon
London (UK)
Planetary ruler
Members
Friday, June 5, 2020 - 2:32 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

My thought is that I have no idea what thread was closed down. I was trying to find out yesterday looking at the posts and I thought to myself ‘I’ve missed something!’ Must have been asleep with the time difference..

Virtual world versus real world…

The Online Disinhibition Effect (Suler) is a real thing. There are various psychological reasons why some online activities go wild (trolls, abuse and nastiness, double lives..)

That’s why I’m trying to keep it real here…even within the anonymity I have at EE – which I’m grateful for because I’ve been a closet hobbiest astrologer for 16 years – only my family and all my friends know -, I’m private in general in the real world and because due to my work I’m private. I open up so much here that I do try to keep myself unidentifiable whilst being as real as I can and trying to keep my cool when needed (got sun square mars, not always easy!)

Times like these that we are living these months…gosh…keeping my mental health balanced is one of the biggest feats! I’ve managed to keep sane because no one has died in my life, I am still working and have purpose and because I live with my husband (attachment.)

I read here that it’s like we are at war. My mother and I discuss this often. It does feel like wartime sometimes…just a fraction… as I don’t want to disrespect anyone who was in a war or that is a veteran of some kind.

The following users say thanks to CrisLondon for this post:

Satsun
Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Friday, June 5, 2020 - 5:07 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I will reopen the thread.

We are headed into a period of much strife. I ask people to avoid threads that upset them and also to stay on topic in a particular thread.

Personal attacks have never been okay here but ass-holery is also not okay as of now.

Keep in mind, people have a lot of problems at this time. Job loss, fear of job loss, prices escalating, shut downs, illness and further, they live in cities that are being destroyed.

Also, speak for yourself! I don’t want this forum to devolve into links to propaganda.

I have the option of banning. I have another option, I’ve never used. I can ban for a period of days, 24 hours, a week or whatever.  If anyone thinks this will be a good idea,  let me know.

When it comes to hateful comment directed at a person, I see no choice but to delete. I don’t like signing on this forum and reading about how stupid and horrible I am. I don’t want anyone to go through that.

I do think it’s important to discuss things, obviously! That’s why I’ve kept this forum all these years.

Please report posts that are out of line Thanks.

Satsun, Libra Noir, NotMyCircus, Warped by Wuthering Heights
CrisLondon
London (UK)
Planetary ruler
Members
Friday, June 5, 2020 - 6:20 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

It makes sense. The times we’re living threaten livelihoods, lives, health, core values, links to loved ones, people’s stores/cars/property (there in the USA)…it’s a life or death situation, mental health will be affected.

By the way, Elsa, for clarity sake what do you consider as propaganda? Mentioning BLM, names of authors, books, political inclinations, quotes, US or UK election talk…

I’m a bit ‘literal’ so need the boundary.

Libra Noir
Milky Way
Members
Forum Posts: 8085
Friday, June 5, 2020 - 2:57 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I can’t stand all the links either. I mean, it’s one thing to SHARE something but another thing to use them as a debate tool. Were not going to solve the worlds problems on Elsaelsa (well you never know lol), so what do I care if noone agrees with me? In fact I don’t want everyone to agree with me. I want to hear what they think. I want to open my mind, although I run every idea through my system and weigh it. Many are rejected but I entertain them. I do that with my own ideas too. My thoughts aren’t sacred, I put them to the test. I figure if I find out they suck, I can change my mind anytime I want. 

It also makes sense that individuals would have different points of view! We should. That’s how we get better. Each has a piece of the puzzle. 

Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Friday, June 5, 2020 - 7:26 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

CrisLondon said

By the way, Elsa, for clarity sake what do you consider as propaganda? Mentioning BLM, names of authors, books, political inclinations, quotes, US or UK election talk…

I’m a bit ‘literal’ so need the boundary.

I am thinking ahead, of the election.  Been through hell in 2008, 2012, 2016, so I’ve identified some things that degrade conversation.

I prefer people express their own opinion in their own words.   It gets ridiculous when someone comes on and posts 4 or 5 or 10 links, to support their case, which they have never made in the first place.

You can be sure of this: no one is going to click all your links and study the content.  It’s like putting your birth date out there and telling people to tell you about you.  What’s more boring than that? How about making an investment yourself?

I want this forum to be for people who want to interact with PEOPLE.  Posting gobs of links it really spam / shit-posting. I won’t allow it because it brings a forum down.

If you want to be a human and talk to other humans, you’re very welcome here.  Anything else… it’s too boring. Sorry (says Libra). Sorry, but there are limits to my people-pleasing. Capricorn, okay.

CrisLondon, NotMyCircus
Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Friday, June 5, 2020 - 5:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve just finally had the mental and emotional space to process meeting my grandson and I can say this… everything I have ever heard about being a grandmother is true, in spades. I’d not have thought that having a baby could be surpassed but seriously, watching the second generation walk and talk and get their start in life, is more powerful and fulfilling them I could have ever dreamed. 

NotMyCircus, Hades Moon, aspire, Opalina, Tango, Buendia, Warped by Wuthering Heights, dolce, Libra Noir, CrisLondon, soup
Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Friday, June 5, 2020 - 5:34 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

PS now I can look from Henry’s perspective.

Hades Moon, aspire, Tango, Buendia, Warped by Wuthering Heights, dolce, CrisLondon, soup
soup
Milky Way
Members
Forum Posts: 7682
Sunday, June 7, 2020 - 5:51 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’d not have thought that having a baby could be surpassed but seriously, watching the second generation walk and talk and get their start in life, is more powerful and fulfilling them I could have ever dreamed. 

I am so glad that you know. You know! It is so powerful. So fulfilling. And, what I have been carrying on about since 2012 when I went on and on about Scorpio Moon… and of course my Sunny Sag, and Silly Gemini with all that Virgo (that I love) They are a true HIGHLIGHT … give them a squeeze and you are just over the moon. 

I love my kids and would and have given them my life…. but I like my Grands better hahahahaha…. 

My friend that passed tried to describe it to me and I still didn’t understand. Then, when I was in that room and Scorpio moon took her first breath my life force came back. You know how they talk about the Wizard of Oz and how fabulous it is when it goes from black and white to COLOR…. its that with love X1000 … 

I have no idea how I am going to live without them. 

My little Gemini will be 9 in two days. She has a Virgo rising and moon. She is so smart. A sight to behold. They all are. And, learning astrology has helped me relate to each of them… to understand their language. 

They are a GIFT. 

The following users say thanks to soup for this post:

Elsa, Hades Moon
Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Friday, June 5, 2020 - 7:47 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

My husband says we have a dog orphanage and I guess he’s right

Hades Moon, Warped by Wuthering Heights
soup
Milky Way
Members
Forum Posts: 7682
Sunday, June 7, 2020 - 5:52 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a dog nursing home. 

The following users say thanks to soup for this post:

Elsa, Hades Moon, Warped by Wuthering Heights
Buendia
Star
Members
Forum Posts: 1021
Saturday, June 6, 2020 - 1:14 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Anonymoushermit wrote a post about how he feels the 21st century is really here now, but I can’t find the thread it’s in. Just wanted to say I found that really insightful and I’ve been thinking about it since I read it. 

The following users say thanks to Buendia for this post:

Hades Moon, anonymoushermit
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 1202
Currently Online: klara, eleonora
Guest(s) 110
Currently Browsing this Page:
3 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Newest Members:
Patricia
Susan