Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Random Thoughts Thread 2
Buendia
Star
Members
Forum Posts: 1021
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 12:38 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I feel so disappointed when nature is exploited, and her symbols corrupted. The poor owl.

The following users say thanks to Buendia for this post:

Warped by Wuthering Heights, Hades Moon
Libra Noir
Milky Way
Members
Forum Posts: 8076
Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 1:37 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like that you care deeply about such things. Im curious. How has the owl been corrupted as a symbol? Is there a specific reference? The only owl I can think of is the tootsie roll guy and I have a feeling thats not the one you’re talking about. 

The following users say thanks to Libra Noir for this post:

Buendia
Star
Members
Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 7:51 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I honestly don’t much about it, so I probably shouldn’t say anything. Probably shouldn’t have said anything in the first place! I only know the symbol’s been ‘touched’ in some undeserving ways, historically. Like Soph-tee said, the rainbow too. I don’t know to what degree, but it’s there. 

I do know what meaning resonates with me about the owl. Wisdom, femininity, mystery, the subconscious, to put it shortly—so I’ll stick with that:))

Libra Noir
Milky Way
Members
Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 10:54 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh ok. That’s how I perceive owls too. 

JoFrance
Celestial sphere
Members
Forum Posts: 3356
Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 7:11 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

In some cultures in Africa, the Middle East and some Native Americans, owls are considered a bad omen.  European cultures consider it associated with wisdom, femininity and fertility.

I lean more towards the bad omen.  In nature, they are predatory birds and though they are beautiful, they’re silent killers of easy prey.  Owls eat other birds.  Most birds get along with each other except for Hawks and Owls.

The creepiest thing to hear at night is an Owl hooing.  You know something is going to get eaten soon.

Warped by Wuthering Heights
Constellation
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 2400
Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 8:52 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Moloch. 

Warped by Wuthering Heights
Constellation
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 2400
Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 8:57 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

The poor innocent owl has been maligned as a Satan-ic symbol, as Mol och. When I typed that last as one word my post disappeared!

The following users say thanks to Warped by Wuthering Heights for this post:

Hades Moon
Soph-tee-clees
Sun
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 723
Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 5:27 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

One that annoys me is rainbows. I don’t think they should be used for anything at all they’re natures signal.

The following users say thanks to Soph-tee-clees for this post:

Buendia, Libra Noir, Warped by Wuthering Heights, Hades Moon
Libra Noir
Milky Way
Members
Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 1:29 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I had a hard day with my 13 son today. Motherhood brings out my shadow sometimes. Elsa told me in a consultation that I was a strong parent and I do feel that mostly, but every so often, I feel absolutely out of my depth and I get triggered. I can’t blame it on him and I can’t leave, so thats that. 

Soph-tee-clees
Sun
Limited Access

Members
Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 5:15 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

If it’s gone as far as you’re thinking of leaving that sounds pretty serious.

Libra Noir
Milky Way
Members
Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 10:41 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nono Im not thinking of leaving. I would never do that. Im just taking care of him by myself and Im tired. It’s just not like other relationships where you can take a break to gather thoughts etc., that’s what I meant and Im the adult in fhe situation so I can’t point fingers like one could possibly get away with in a relationship. Im not having a breakdown lol. Im not mentally unstable. I was just venting and regret that it could come across as anything other than that. 

Soph-tee-clees
Sun
Limited Access

Members
Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 5:23 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

I need to find a solution to coming out of conspiracy theory.

I have a trigger of some sort and I get extreme fear. It’s usually when I am shown that I am not in control of my life and I am, objectively, not in control of my life. Also, at times when things are darker conspiracy theory is the objectively better thing to do because I need a certain mental hardness against things. Like I am sometimes warned in dreams that someone in my life is not particularly positive. If you are even in these peoples vicinity your energies are not safe.

But it takes my mind out of the place where my “spiritual” side is working. Such as interpreting dreams. Perhaps Qi Gong can give the protection from that terror feel.

I have used various different prayers but they don’t quite hit the spot. So the Lords Prayer doesn’t work because it pushes you to be basically positive to those in your environment especially you have had a falling out with but most people are not open to that. The Armor of God prayer kind of works but again with the hardness.

I suppose I could make my own prayer.

Maybe the desiderate or something?

Buendia
Star
Members
Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 8:04 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

This may not be your thing, but have you ever tried some simple sound-chants? I’m no expert, but I’d imagine there are some that encourage protection or mental fortitude.

I love to pray, and have my favorites, but sometimes I can get attached or distracted by the wording of traditional prayers. Personal prayers like you mentioned are wonderful, too, I do that a lot:))

Soph-tee-clees
Libra Noir
Milky Way
Members
Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 10:51 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

You can connect with your guides? Sometimes it’s easier to sense an entity like an angel or a diety than the Big One. Not sure if that’s your thing. It wasn’t mine until tried it, and I feel like it’s opened up a whole world of help to me. 

Gaia for instance is easy to connect to because she actually has a physical body which is the Earth. You can literally sit on the ground and connect. She’s been really helpful to me at this time. Grounding is really healthy. 

Truly, though in my experience integrating fear, facing it and calling its bullshit, not avoiding it was an initiation into deeper peace for me. Because the experience of fear is real, but fear itself is only a set of thoughts. Thats all I can share is my experience. 

The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle also helped me immensely. 

The following users say thanks to Libra Noir for this post:

Soph-tee-clees
Soph-tee-clees
Sun
Limited Access

Members
Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 11:35 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t connect with guides, I don’t have names or familiarity with them. I do have an ‘angel’ I connect with but don’t need that entity in all situations. Maybe though I should remember I can call that.

There is no experiencing or integrating a situation that is simply your practical experience. If for whatever reason you want to do x and you are made to do y and that causes exhaustion and frustration, then there is nowhere to go with that.

I have decided to stay watching a very mild and far more positive youtube guy on the subject. More of a wholesome spiritual leaning as well rather than analysis of the pure terror of the deep state.

I think the problem with Christianity is that I simply wasn’t born in a Christian home, I’ve always been very new age. So I have to rely on those things. Perhaps an energy visualisation of some sort.

Also, the girls that I sort of ‘meet’ with the Christian prayers are, not quite the same style as the ones when I’m looking at new age stuff.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 1202
Currently Online: Elsa, CrisLondon, Hades Moon, jana
Guest(s) 81
Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Newest Members:
Cezary
DayDay777
eleonora
lathan