Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Random Thoughts Thread 2
anonymoushermit
Milky Way
Members
Forum Posts: 5397
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Saturday, April 4, 2020 - 6:43 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s hard to know anything right now. The Corona thing and the economy is bad, but things could get better in a year. But, I also have face-masks! eek_gifeek_gifeek_gifeek_gifeek_gif

NotMyCircus
northeast Georgia
Milky Way
Limited Access
Forum Posts: 7633
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
Sunday, April 5, 2020 - 12:11 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

All these people planting their gardens have me feeling a little envious. I looked at my resources today, and realized that:

a.)  I’m renting a room in someone’s house. While that helps me tremendously with finances and I’m extremely grateful, it also makes it challenging to grow food.

b.)  I got rid of a lot of stuff after losing my husband. Now it’s possible that I let go of too many things.

c.)  I can’t just run to the store or my storage unit for things I need. Potting soil, pots, plants–I’m going to have to order those. Anyone could have the virus, and we are under a stay-at-home order here.

d.)  Due to the fact that I’m not a big plant-eater (this was true before colitis came along and scared me off most fruits and vegetables), I don’t have a lot of stuff around the house to work with.

What I do have:  two peach pits that a client donated to me (she said the peaches they came from were the best she’d ever had), a head of garlic in the pantry that is getting a bit mushy, and a dahlia bulb that I bought on impulse. The peach pits went in the fridge today, wrapped in damp paper towels and place in a Ziploc bag, where they’ll stay for two months. The garlic and the dahlia? I have no potting soil! 

My cactus just died recently and I am a certified brown thumb. (This is hugely embarrassing to admit as a Taurus Moon. We’re supposed to be the opposite! (Maybe I can thank Chiron in Taurus, and Uranus in Scorpio for this.) My mom is a Taurus Moon also, and she struggles to grow things, too. She has Uranus in Leo, and Aquarius planets challenging her Moon. 

Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Forum Posts: 32121
Sunday, April 5, 2020 - 1:11 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Circus, people like me grow food to share with people like you! Try to let people know what you need.

Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Sunday, April 5, 2020 - 1:11 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Circus, people like me grow food to share with people like you! Try to let people know what you need.

The following users say thanks to Elsa for this post:

NotMyCircus
NotMyCircus
northeast Georgia
Milky Way
Limited Access
Sunday, April 5, 2020 - 4:00 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Didn’t know where to else to post this thought, but….

Has anyone else noticed that nature feels and smells fresher….or is this just my imagination?

I took a walk today, and the whole thing just felt weird to me, like the world had changed! But nature felt healthier to me, on some level. More organic.

(That isn’t stopping boats from zipping all over the place on the lake–nothing’s changed there!) 

The following users say thanks to NotMyCircus for this post:

Opalina, Sue Ellen
JoFrance
Celestial sphere
Members
Forum Posts: 3321
Sunday, April 5, 2020 - 6:25 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

There’s less pollution because people are staying home.  Not many cars, planes, etc.  Its quieter too.  I really like that.

You can get potting soil at most supermarkets.  We have a stay at home order too, but going to the supermarket is ok.  Our garden centers offer curbside pickup only.  I don’t know how that will work for plants, but I’ll wait a little longer and see if things get better and restrictions are lifted on some businesses.

I grow my Dahlias in pots and they come out beautiful.  I grew my Avatar in a small pot.  I usually put garlic in the ground though.  

I can’t believe how early Spring is this year.  Its like a month early.  Usually its still freezing here this time of year.  I never plant anything until after 4/15.

The following users say thanks to JoFrance for this post:

NotMyCircus, Opalina
NotMyCircus
northeast Georgia
Milky Way
Limited Access
Sunday, April 5, 2020 - 8:02 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ll have to check and see if I can add potting soil to my grocery pickup list for this week. 

An old friend of mine grew garlic in a pot in his kitchen, but his gardening was a bit odd anyway. He grew a lot of food in containers, including lettuce. Corn, potatoes, beans, he grew those in the backyard. 

The following users say thanks to NotMyCircus for this post:

JoFrance
JoFrance
Celestial sphere
Members
Sunday, April 5, 2020 - 8:18 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Growing in containers works really well for a lot of things.  I do Bush Beans (string beans) in big containers and they grow great for the entire season.  Corn and potatoes, not so much.  I never grew corn, but I did grow potatoes in a big container and it was a big mess with lots of ugly potato vines.

Throw some garlic in a pot and see what you get.  You always learn something new with everything you plant.

NotMyCircus
Opalina
Star
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 1279
Monday, April 6, 2020 - 12:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

JoFrance, I was out today for the first time in 3 weeks. I could not believe how good it smelled outside. 

anonymoushermit
Milky Way
Members
Forum Posts: 5397
Sunday, April 5, 2020 - 7:12 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Pisces rising song.

The following users say thanks to anonymoushermit for this post:

JoFrance
Opalina
Star
Limited Access

Members
Forum Posts: 1279
Monday, April 6, 2020 - 12:29 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Went to the chiropractor today, first time ever. Degenerative spine.. So I do have a pinched nerve.

Have to go tomorrow again. I guess this is what I get to look forward to.. Getting old is not for…..well you know.

The following users say thanks to Opalina for this post:

Elsa, Osiris Wife, Sue Ellen, dolce, JoFrance
Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Monday, April 6, 2020 - 12:40 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m sorry. 🙁

The following users say thanks to Elsa for this post:

Opalina
JoFrance
Celestial sphere
Members
Tuesday, April 7, 2020 - 7:04 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s terrible, Opalina, I’m sorry to hear that.  My husband has compressed discs and a pinched nerve in his spine.  He’s had several treatments outside of surgery, but eventually ended up managing the problem with exercises and modifying how he did things. It really helped after he retired last year and didn’t have to deal with the physical demands of his job.

He has found a way to live with it, thankfully.  I hope you do too.

Opalina
WinterMoon
Sun
Members
Forum Posts: 740
Tuesday, April 7, 2020 - 6:34 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Approaching full Moon setting on western horizon 4/7/20 at 5:57am est. Rare sight from this viewpoint. Setting Moon at 8°Libra 06′. Tweaked pic to brighten, resembles watercolor as taken thru plastic covered window. Ha ha just looked,  Sabian = 3 old masters hanging in an art gallery. 🌙

Moonset-4-7-20-edt5.57a-8°Li06.jpgImage Enlarger

The following users say thanks to WinterMoon for this post:

Elsa, Sue Ellen, Opalina, Warped by Wuthering Heights
Elsa
I work here.
Admin
Tuesday, April 7, 2020 - 6:46 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

That is truly beautiful. Thank you.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago