(@plutolover)
Estimable Member

Remembering Christine McVie, who passed away yesterday ❤️ 

Fleetwood Mac Songbird - YouTube

1 Reply
(@warped)

Reputable Member

@plutolover 

So sad.  I'd only heard the Eva Cassidy recording of this beautiful song.  She did another which resonates these days -- "Who Knows Where The Time Goes?"

(@elisa)
Estimable Member

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

Scoobee doobee do. Love this version.

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

My MIL and I loved old movies. Meet Me in St. Louis is often on Christmas Eve, when she would be down for our family party and she’d stay over. We would watch it, after everyone left and sometimes my husband would be gone to bed. When this came on sometime in 2020 after she’d died, I cried and cried, again.

The part where Tootie goes out and smashes all the snowmen and Esther is talking to her…it’s so sad.

But I love this movie and Judy singing it. It was written just for her for this movie. She owns it.

(@warped)
Reputable Member

Can't believe I've never watched this -- but will!  My Christmas Eve favorites are It's a Wonderful Life, The Thin Man, and Christmas in Connecticut. 

I think it's a difficult time of year for all of us once our parents and family of their generation are gone, and eventually even our contemporaries.  But at least we have the happy memories to cherish, not everyone does. 

Allie
(@allie120)
Honorable Member

Tool

Page 6 / 8