Notifications
Clear all

Jukebox 2020  

Page 15 / 17

Eleanor D
Registered
Estimable Member

On Sundays, I just seem to prefer listening to classical or ancient music. If you like Vivaldi, you'll love these pieces by composers such as John Playford. Performed by Jordi Savall's Hesperion, Europe's premier ensemble for ancient and pre-baroque music. The rather shy and retiring maestro Manfredo Kraemer plays lead violin. Some of the most beautiful classical music I have ever heard, and has, I believe, the power to heal even the most wounded soul:

Eleanor D
Registered
Estimable Member

Unconditional love. Nothing can stand in its way. Something we all need right now. This simple piece of music voices the most powerful of all human expresses perfectly:

Eleanor D
Registered
Estimable Member

Sublime.

iathina85
Registered
Eminent Member

This fantastic singer has saved my summer, her lyrics are sometimes political, and I wish I understood what she was saying to respect her message, hope it is ok just to enjoy the beauty of her voice and rhythm too. 

1 Reply
Eleanor D
Registered

Estimable Member

@iathina85

Thanks for that! I LOVE Tiny Desk. Have you seen this one? So wonderfully unique. I can't pin down the genre... it's sort of turn-of-the-last-century blues/jazz/burlesque? Sam Phillips is amazing - and what is that instrument he's playing?

NotMyCircus
Registered
Noble Member

Brand new music by DJ Nora En Pure. While the lyrics seem a bit vague, they resonate. This is what 2020 feels like to me. 

NotMyCircus
Registered
Noble Member

On a different note....here's some more Miley. She is channeling 80's rocker energy these days--it fits her voice!

(Yes, I know her outfit leaves little to the imagination. But like Ulla says in "The Producers": "If you've got it, flaunt it!")

Page 15 / 17

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 2MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved