Noble Member

Tam
 Tam
Registered
Noble Member

NotMyCircus
Registered
Noble Member

Say what you will about Miley....I kinda like this version of her! Her voice sounds raspy and more mature lately. People in the comments are comparing her to Stevie Nicks, Pat Benatar, Debbie Harry from Blondie....someone even sees her channeling Dolly Parton! (She is her godmother.)

Look closely at the masks her band is wearing--they have pictures of tongues sticking out! LOL!!! That's got to be a Miley touch. 

1 Reply
Tam
 Tam
Registered

Noble Member

@blue_rose her chart is super interesting

Eleanor D
Registered
Trusted Member

Not sure if anyone's into djembe drumming? This is from the first LP I ever owned, given to me when I was 5 by my father who, starting from the 1940s, collected what we now call 'world music'. This is 'Oya' a track from a 1959 Nigerian recording by the drum shaman Babatunde Olatunji entitled 'Drums of Passion'. Olatunje and his fellow drummers deliver the most powerful drum recording I have ever heard, dedicated to 'Oya' the Yoruba fire goddess who takes the form of a black panther. Listen to this in the dark, by candlelight, preferably with headphones: 

1 Reply
iathina85
Registered

Eminent Member

@eleanor-d

This was gorgeous. Thank you for sharing! 

jana
 jana
Registered
Reputable Member

I love hearing this generation dig deep into the roots. It's funny but these boys look so much like the kids I hung out with 40 years ago lol. Billy Strings and Marcus King:)

jana
 jana
Registered
Reputable Member

Marcus KIng singing Beautiful Stranger ohhh maaaaan Smile

I won't be here

Page 14 / 16

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 2MB