Gardening 2021

Page 11 / 11

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Noble Member

7 quarts of tomato soup today. Texting around to see who wants tomatoes. I am probably going to have to do something with them myself. People want three tomatoes... does not make a dent when then counter is covering in them, on top of the full baskets and tupperwares.

This happens every year. Drive to town and drop off bags of stuff... or chop and dry or make sauce or something.

I have lots of cukes and patty pan squash as well. And more swiss chard.

I have clients tomorrow so will probably stay home and cook...ot run to town early and drop off.

Libra can never decide! I hope for an early morning (5 or 6 am) client which makes this decision for me, lol.

2 Replies
redbird
Registered
(@redbird)

Estimable Member

@elsa you’re so awesome! Making people happy giving them produce-

Warped
Registered
(@warped)

Honorable Member

@elsa 

They'd probably all love a dozen or more but say "three" to be polite!  I bet jars of your homemade tomato soup or sauce would be a great success at a church bazaar or other fundraiser.  

NotMyCircus
Registered
(@notmycircus)
Prominent Member

Recently I was gifted with okra and taught myself how to fry it. (I’m probably the only girl in the South whose mom never taught her how to fry okra, lol). Came out pretty good! Ate it up the first day. My housemate got a sample, too, and she liked it.

Today I was blessed again, this time by a pile of okra that had grown huge through rain. The okra is longer than a stick of butter, thanks to copious amounts of rain. Time to fry up some more! 🧆

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Noble Member

Canning my last 7 qts of sauce. Dropped off a 1/2 bushel of pears with my neighbor.

Have peppers, swiss chard, parsley and a few tomatoes waiting for harvest.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Noble Member

I still have some peppers in my garden, also basil, parsley and chard. But my neighbor just dropped off 5 pounds of jalapeno peppers. They don't like hot peppers but they're having a yard sale over there. Apparently one of the yard sale people gave them to them. He said he wasn't sure I could use them or he would have gotten more.  If she comes back tomorrow, he will!

I made some pints (pickled), took some out for Jilly. The rest, I plan to dry and probably grind up, I've not decided yet (Libra).

If you have done this before, tell me what you know.

Thanks!

Page 11 / 11