Gardening - 2020  

Page 1 / 22

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Famed Member

melting-peas.jpg

Here we go, people!
Last year, Jilly, gave me some of these... Mammoth Melting Peas. Hardy and Prolific! Planting them again. I think they'll go in the ground in just a few weeks.

#yay

147 Replies
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Famed Member

Oh!  And this is nutty (to me). I still have parsley from last year. In fact, I made chimichurri to go with dinner tonight.

JoFrance
Registered
Honorable Member

They look like Snow Pea Pods.  I bet they're really tender. I love beans like that in stir fry.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Famed Member

Master gardener, Mr. H. says these are the best seeds:

https://livingstonseed.info/

I was told to put the seeds in the "sproutin' cup", 20th of April, then plant in ground on May 10th.  These are instructions for patty pan squash!

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Famed Member

Planted peas, kale and swiss chard (seed). Also my neighbor turned part of my (enclosed) garden over (surprise) so I put in some romaine lettuce and cauliflower (seedlings).  It's a little early / risky, but being a Colorado gardener in my previous life, I know these seedlings are surprisingly hearty.

I also have cabbage and broccoli which I'll put in after the weekend (it's warming up). The garden space is not ready, but I do have them set out to harden off.

I'm really excited. I have no surgeries pending this year, lol. Smile

JoFrance
Registered
Honorable Member

It is early, but its been a warm winter.  We've had almost no snow at all the entire winter in NJ.  Most days are 40-50 degrees and it hasn't gone below freezing much.  I already have Snow Drops and Daffodils popping up and my shrubs and trees have buds.  Its one month early.

I'm sure its got to be even warmer where you are, so I think you'll be ok.  You could always cover the seedlings with plastic if you have a cold snap.

Page 1 / 22