Christmas 2021

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Noble Member

merry christmas 2021

I know it upsets people when Christmas is discussed ahead of Thanksgiving. However, Midara finished her Holiday Gift Guide last night. It makes sense to get this out there early, considering all the supply chain issues.

The other reason I'm posting this now is because I saw a number of houses with Christmas decorations out. I was surprised. It seems unusual to see anyone do this prior to Thanksgiving or even Advent. I wondered about it.

I think a lot of people are not feeling Christmas or maybe they are. Maybe they want to!

You must want to, if you're going to get out there and decorate your house - I mean, extensively, mid-November.

How do you feel about Christmas this year? If you've not in the mood, do you think it's possible your mood could change?

6 Replies
NotMyCircus
Registered
(@notmycircus)
Prominent Member

I suspect people are decorating early for two reasons. (Sorry if my observations upset anyone.)

One, they or their spouse will probably lose their job due to the mandates by the end of this month or next. (I know of a family who decided it was Christmastime at the beginning of November for exactly this reason.)

Two, people are afraid of a lockdown. Dr. F has already sent out a warning about “maybe no Christmas” this year due to CV (for unvaxxed people, anyway). So perhaps those decorations are one way to give him and the government the middle finger.

1 Reply
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@notmycircus Interesting. There are two houses "on my route" who always decorate early and extensively.  There are about ten this year. This is a rural area. It's noticeable. 

Reading your comment, I wonder if they were told to do this in church. Like we're not going into dystopia!!!

sophiab
Registered
(@sophiab)
Estimable Member

Christmas is opium for the masses, this year more opium is needed!

2 Replies
Rapunzelsoldierfish
Registered
(@rapunzelsoldierfish)

Estimable Member

@sophiab The one of the best ways I've heard to describe Christmas 🤣

Warped
Registered
(@warped)

Honorable Member

@rapunzelsoldierfish 

I second that!  

dolce
Registered
(@dolce)
Honorable Member

I feel as I always do. I'm a "wait for December" kinda gal. My mother in law loves Christmas, though, and said she's having trouble getting into the spirit this year. She doesn't know why. She went out shopping to try to get herself there.