Tropical vs Sidereal
This is bizarre! Using Sidereal changes everything -- planet signs, houses, angles, even my Sun sign. How can someone born in mid-April suddenly be a Pisces Sun? What is the criteria for choosing Sidereal vs. Tropical?
I'm pretty sure I'm doing this wrong, but just by going to astro.con & switching to sidereal (everything else at default), my Virgo stellium becomes a Leo stellium. I don't think that resonates with me...& I should know; my dad & brother are mega-Leos. I don't have shiny hair!
Check out your yogas in Vedic astrology. I have a ton. I’m sure everyone has a ton because there are hundreds…. My favorite yoga I have is called Raj yoga. I also have Sasa yoga, Neecha Bhang Raj yoga, Amla Yoga, Vimala Yoga, Maha Laxmi Yoga, Chandra-Mangala Yoga. The Neecha one is nice because it cancels out the bad affect of my debilitated Venus in the 10th in Vedic. When a planet in a debilitated planets rulership aspects that planet the bad affects get cancelled. I gave up on ever fully understanding Vedic cause it’s too complicated for me, but I still like to look into it sometimes.
I pulled this from some website: but this is what Raj Yoga is:
Raj Yoga is an extraordinary power that is created because the lord of a ‘Kendra’ (one of the four houses in your horoscope – 1st, 4th, 7th & 10th) and the lord of a ‘Kona’ (one of the three houses in your horoscope – 1st, 5th & 9th) come together through a conjunction or exchange of houses or because they aspect each other.
A Raj Yoga bestows you with power and position when it combines hard work and action with one of the factors mentioned below (which is a source of the yoga):
- Wealth: The ability to use money and affluence as a tool to build up power and position.
- Real Estate: The ability to use land and real estate to control the destiny of others.
- Intelligence & Knowledge: The ability to use unique skills and intelligence that create intellectual property, which makes people seek out a leader.
- Partnerships: The ability to use the power of partnerships, cartels and marriages – that bring collective power.
- Pure Luck & Divine Blessings: The ability to use your talent, good nature, hard work, and endearing traits to put you at the top and head of things.
- Resources from foreign sources: The ability to use this for power and position.
- Religion: The ability to use religion as a tool for power.
What impact does Raj Yoga have on you?
- With Raj Yoga in your horoscope, you are born to rule – it makes you are a born leader.
- It gives you a destiny similar to the unique category of people who were Kings in ancient times and leaders of countries in today’s times.
- Raj Yoga is present in the horoscopes of rulers, leaders, businesspersons, influencers, financial leaders, bureaucrats, senators & legislators, heads of institutions, and diplomats. It affects many areas of life that bring success and prosperity.
Some famous personalities with Raj Yoga in their horoscope
- Narendra Modi (Prime Minister of India)
- Mahatma Gandhi (Father of the Nation, India)
- Barack Obama (Former US President)
- Sardar Patel (Indian Political Leader)
What should you do if blessed with a Raj Yoga?
- Misconduct will dim the good effects of a Raj Yoga; hence, it is vital to act in a manner that does not make the power of this extraordinary yoga vanish.
Benefits of Raj Yoga Report
- Understand which area/source of Raj Yoga is active in your horoscope.
- Learn when you can expect the yoga’s manifestation.
- Based on an analysis of the yoga’s strength, gauge what to expect over the next 5-15 years of your life.
- Tips to enhance the strength of this yoga & activate the highest level of success that has not been fructified till now.
- Remedies to mitigate challenges.
I looked at my chart briefly, because Sidereal is used in the biodynamic calendar...
There is another option when I select Sidereal on Astro.com, for Ayanamsha. I kept the default Fagan/Bradley. I don't know about this at all.
Hindu/Lahiri (0°53 diff. to Fagan)
- Citra ayanamshas -
True Citra 0° Lib (0°54)
Suryasiddhanta Citra (1°44)
- Revati & Galactic center -
True Revati (4°42)
Suryasiddhanta Revati (4°38)
Usha & Shashi (4°40'58)
Galactic Center mid-Mula (4°41'10)
Galactic Centre 0 Sag (-2°07)
Cochrane (GC 0° Cap) (27°54)
Galactic (Gil Brand) (2°16'17)
- Raman & others -
True Pushya 16° Can (2°01)
JN Bhasin (1°59)
"Vedic" (Sheoran) (-0°30)
- Babylonian & Mula -
Babylonian (Huber) (0°00'25)
Aldebaran 15 Taurus (-0°01)
Babylonian (Britton) (0°07)
Vettius Valens (1°57)
True Mula 0° Sag (Ch Hari) (0°10)
- Galactic equator -
Skydram (Mardyks) (-5°16'39)
Gal. Equator (IAU 1958) (-5°16'58)
Gal. Equator 0° Sag (-5°20)
Gal. Equator (Fiorenza) (-0°16)
Gal. Equator mid-Mula (1°20)
- Esoteric -
De Luce (-3°04)
Djwhal Khool (-3°37)
- Suryasiddhanta Equinox -
Suryasiddh. Equinox 499 (3°51)
Suryasiddh. Mean Sun 499 (4°04)
Aryabhata Equinox 499 (3°51)
Aryabhata Mean Sun 499 (4°05)
Aryabhata 522 (4°10)
- Astronomical -
My chart makes a lot of sense to me in the sidereal system.
hmm I go from Pluto Rising in Scorpio to Libra and I become an Aries with a massive stellium in Pisces, hmmm