Mars in Aries for 6...

Notifications
Clear all

Mars in Aries for 6 months! July-Dec 2020  

Page 25 / 25

Osiris Wife
Registered
Noble Member

I'm sporting another injury. This time it's my rotator cuff. 

The last injury (wrist) happened around the 1st Mars-Pluto square and now it's just as Mars stations and opposes Venus.

Now that I'm back on the bench, I have no choice but to tackle the real root cause, once and for all..

7 Replies
Justin

Reputable Member

@osiris-wife Ouch! ☹️ I hope this doesn't mean surgery? ☹️

strawb.
Registered

Prominent Member

@osiris-wife

I hope you get to the root of it for good, and that this injury won't be too serious.. ❤️ wishing you a full & speedy recovery.

Calliope
Registered

Estimable Member

@osiris-wife Hope you're recovering fast and that there is nothing serious ❤️

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@osiris-wife Oh crap! What were you doing to cause this? Push ups? I wish you could use a sports injury therapist. Its not been proven but receiving electric mild currents on the injured muscles have helped mw in the past. True, NHS didn't pay for it (I lived in the UK then), but it was worth it. Hope you feel better soon.

Osiris Wife
Registered

Noble Member

@vesta nothing physically related. But I can link it to release of emotions a process that can cause muscle tension. The shoulders and arms have a number of meridians that lead to other organs, including the heart. The heart is 2/3 centered to the left of the body where the valves pump oxygenated, purified blood. The right side of the heart pumps receives "dirty" blood or in other words blood tainted with pent up emotions. So my injuries have all been on the right side, and as emotions are released I've had muscle pain. The awareness is not to resist the process and as it can become a more chronic injury.

The rotator cuff is back in form, but my wrist, tendons are still complaining....clearly, I'm still holding on to something that wants/NEEDS to be released.

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@osiris-wife Have you tried fasting? Try for half a day and gradually increase duration. I have a feeling you are really hard on yourself regarding self transformation goals and need to perhaps be more gentle with yourself. Maybe I am projecting 🙂 but I worry.

Osiris Wife
Registered

Noble Member

@vesta projecting yes, maybe a little bit 🤣 but I really do appreciate your concern 😘

I've rediscovered that hot baths can be wonderful and so so healing. Also, I know exactly what I'm attached to, so when old habits/thoughts pop up I'm consciously shouting them out. 

strawb.
Registered
Prominent Member

I have been on a major detox during this Mars 6th transit. 

However, I have also craved more spicy food too lol, which I am keeping in check. 

I had a lot of inflammation issues out of nowhere esp during the height of Mars/Pluto square. I had to put myself through an intense 3 week detox (no gluten, no dairy, no meat, no coffee, no processed sugar, and very low sodium). I ate almost nothing but veggies, fruits, nuts, eggs, and oatmeal for about 2 months straight. Replaced my beloved coffee with decaf and matcha. I also replaced aluminium sheets with parchemin paper, replaced aluminium pots & pans with ceramic & stainless steel, and a lot of the plastic with bamboo and silicone. Been cleaning up and tidying and sorting through papers. I have to be careful to not get obsessive about cleaning because that does sometimes happen to me and I work myself to the point of exhaustion and then I can't move.

Sleep's been disturbed though still (opposition to 12 house Mercury), I am sometimes up until the break of dawn. Mercury's been heavily involved in the recent cardinal square-off,  and that always messes me up being very mercurial and all... So, I am trying to get back on a sleep schedule.

I also slacked off in my diet a little recently, I started eating a little meat and dairy again. I am very worried the coming square will activate the health issues again so I want to get back into what I was doing. 

Work's been at an absolute standstill... but part of me thinks it's been a blessing in disguise because it's allowed me time to heal and get to the root of the inflammation issues I was having. 

12 Replies
CocoPeaches
Registered

Reputable Member

@strawb I've been thinking about how inflammation is like the shadow side of Fire signs, and like the physical relative of depression... The spark that gives us life, feeds our passions, and opens doors to new horizons... can also fry our nerves, exhaust us, and make us sick and irritable. 

Our immune systems are designed to heal us from infection and injury, and our fight-or-flight responses are there to protect us from danger. But too much of a good thing can lead these systems to go haywire, and cause them to attack our own bodies and our own minds.

They're both difficult patterns to break, because the things that we crave, and things we do to soothe ourselves, are the things that only cause more suffering. 

Good luck on your anti-inflammatory protocol and managing your health concerns! I'm with ya...

Libra Noir
Registered

Noble Member

@cocopeaches You reminded me of the “four temperaments” which are based on the four elements. Ayurveda is another system that addresses the being in a holistic way like you describe (me and my son are both pitta). I really dig systems that see the person in this way. Western medicine lags way behind in this regard, imo. 

So I guess in terms of Mars in Aries, some air would balance out that intensity. For some reason, swinging in a swing is coming to mind as a therapy. Things like incense, cloud gazing, meditating with feathers and breathe work would bring in that element. 

Libra Noir
Registered

Noble Member

Add on: I was also thinking about how sometimes it’s helpful to actually honor and give expression to the element that is out of balance, ie fire, as opposed to it building up in the system. In the case of the fire element, candle meditation or having a big bonfire. 

CocoPeaches
Registered

Reputable Member

@libra-noir It's funny you should say that, because under October's full moon in Aries, we replaced our regular, old, inefficient fireplace, with a wood stove insert. The simple act/ritual of heating our home with wood has been transformational! Especially for me personally because I’m the one at home stoking the fire all day, not to mention the cost savings is significant. It helps that my husband is handy with a chainsaw and an axe, and we have a virtually unlimited supply of dead oak we can harvest. As a couple we feel that it is the best decision we've made after getting married. I think he’s Pitta and I am more Kapha... but whatever the case, you are right on point about honoring/expressing the element that is out of tune.

LN
 LN
Registered

Estimable Member

@libra-noir Thank you for bringing this up. You made me realize  this is something l can do to bring myself in better alignment. I never thought about it to be honest. I need more fire. I only have Mercury in a fire sign so..... l am going to use these suggestions and l hope it will help. It's a bit of a duh moment for me, lol.

CocoPeaches
Registered

Reputable Member

@libra-noir The first thing I'm going to do when I get my new health insurance is find myself a doctor who practices Functional Medicine.

strawb.
Registered

Prominent Member

@libra-noir

I am Pitta as well, I was looking into that too when I was trying to get to the root of my issues, it's very interesting.

I love your idea of incorporating the air element as a kind of cooling effect to balance the fire... Brilliant! 

strawb.
Registered

Prominent Member

@cocopeaches

Well said & Thank you for the well to wishes. 💛

I have a close Sun/Mars conjunction in Virgo...sometimes I forget I have it, I don't know why! Along with having an angular Jupiter in Aries and Aries north node.  I need to find healthy outlets for Martian energy or it does turn inward and burn me from the inside. And being in Virgo, it can and does express in my body and health. :/ 

Libra Noir
Registered

Noble Member

@strawb I stopped eating meat too (a few months ago).  It was something I had thought about for years, but never had the time to focus on it. I think I needed time to really get clear on my reasons for doing it and see to it that they were in true alignment with my system. This may sound weird, but I think I have more alliance with Nature and the universe now because I’m not eating the flesh of the creatures that I share the Earth with. It’s been a good choice/discovery for me (not sure what is right for anyone else, but my spirit really appreciates it). 

strawb.
Registered

Prominent Member

@libra-noir

Yes, I felt lighter in myself and my body as a result. I started paying a lot of attention at how everything made me feel. I think it's partly also been tr. Neptune opposite my Sun that has really sensitized me in this way. 

There are still times when I feel the need for it and I honor it, but it's less frequent and each time I always feel a certain heaviness after.

It's made me realize how much food really IS energy. 

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@strawb I grew up as a vegetarian, and can attest to the feeling. I cannot imagine eating meat, but I have cooked it for my husband. It always left me feeling sorry for the poor creature being eaten. Still, I think, its more honorable to hunt and kill (Mars!) your food than to buy it off a supermarket shelf as frozen meat. 

About honouring the missing element in the chart, you two couldn't be more spot on! I now do my nightly Tarot looking into a flame, and its the conduit of the Goddess energy for me, even though I have almost zero fire in my chart. Like you, I am buying a new fireplace (delivered and deployed in January), but it works on bioethanol. So, environmentally friendly with the same experience of flames and heat. I will miss the cackle and wood burning smell, but I won't miss soot and cleaning. 😄 Also, since I live in relatively modern apartments, adding a flue is just not possible. So, this is my Mars in Aries insistence and perseverance, despite the barriers.

Space Cadet
Registered

Estimable Member

@libra-noir I've been vegetarian for 9 years and have no regrets. I would never try to convert anyone who wasn't ready for it, but for me it absolutely was the right choice, both spiritually and physically.

Osiris Wife
Registered
Noble Member

Mars is now direct and I think we should talk about sex!

I know there's a whole lot of lust going on today .. transit Lust #4386 is exact conjunct t.Jupiter 

Then there's Venus square Pluto...

And Priapus in Scorpio is fantasy getting physical? I think this deserves it's own topic.

2 Replies
Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@osiris-wife Haha! Not applicable even remotely to me! And transit Mars's long parade in my 8th House to boot! Lust and Jupiter are in my 5th. 

I guess, the energy is spent in transforming my ideas around psychological motivations and barriers around creativity and inspired outcome. Taught me not to take the first favourable interpretation of transits and run with them. 😄

CrisLondon
Registered

Reputable Member

@osiris-wife

Lust and frustration too..........

CocoPeaches
Registered
Reputable Member
Posted by: @vesta

Still, I think, its more honorable to hunt and kill (Mars!) your food than to buy it off a supermarket shelf as frozen meat. 

@vesta Thanks for that! My Venus in Aries appreciates the nod... And for the sake of representing the other end of the spectrum, as an unapologetic omnivore - I will say that I tried eating a vegetarian diet in my 20s, and I promptly stopped menstruating. I too felt “lighter,” but since I very much want to bear children, I took that message from my body pretty seriously…

Now I consider meat essential, and I feel much healthier when I eat a more paleo style diet. For my husband who burns at least 3000 calories a day, meat is nonnegotiable. Plus, it's a way of life for him, as he was raised to hunt and eat wild game. I adopted this lifestyle, too, and started growing a lot of our own vegetables to compliment the protein. To supplement the wild game, we prefer to source meat from small farms whenever possible. While I can't say that we're entirely devoted to subsistence living by any Puritanical standard (as I type on my Apple laptop, at my desk from Costco, on my seat from Amazon), I can say that having an intimate relationship with our food, and the land from which it is sourced, adds immensely to the pleasure of eating.

With my Taurus sun, and his Taurus moon, food is our bond not only with nature and our immediate environment, but also with each other. Now if any of you need me, I’ll be over here perfecting the art of fileting a venison heart.

3 Replies
Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@cocopeaches I am honoured that you shared your point of view. Makes so much sense. Virtue signalling is often the byproduct of new wisdom and vegetarians/vegans are the worst. We want to share our joy with the whole world, whether it wants or not. 😄 Here is a joke for ya. "How do you know if someone is Vegan?" "Answer: They sure as hell will tell ya!" 😄

I just want to offer unsolicited advice regarding vegetarian diet. I was sorry to hear you stopped menstruating after changing your food habits. My suspicion is that you tried to adapt the western vegetarian diet, which is not only unappetizing as hell, but also lacks basic nutrients. Besides, I refuse to eat cold meals aka salad and sandwiches for the rest of my life. My advice would be to look for warm vegetarian options will full grain staples, multiple fresh seasonal vegetables, dry fruits, plenty of legumes and lots of natural protein. I regularly make vegetarian Indian, Chinese, Mexican, Italian, Thai and Korean food that is warm, appetizing and filling. It would be no trouble at all to get up to 3000 calories a day on an all-vegetarian meal without repeating any dish for a month! So, maybe you can start with one dish a week and see how the family responds. I can share recipes, if you wish.

I love that you mentioned getting meat from local suppliers and tjat you share such a beautiful relationship with food. I loved cooking meat for my husband, though in the beginning, I used to wear gloves to avoid touching it, lol!

My current manager hunts moose once a year and stores the meat for the family to use, for the rest of the year. I feel he is on a higher scale of respect than my vegetarian self, who buys imported Chiquita Bananas flown half way around the world for my consumption. You are on the right path! Carry on! 

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

Also, I am conscious that we are off topic. Maybe, we need to start a new thread?

CocoPeaches
Registered

Reputable Member

@vesta Mars is conjunct my Jupiter in Aries - I'll start a thread!

Vesta
Registered
Prominent Member

Last pass of Mars in Aries in this long cycle, before it moves into Taurus on 7th January. What have you learnt? Can we start consolidating our collective wisdom?

For me, this was in 8th House. I realized I need to take initiative, show courage and extreme bravery to confront what is not working in shared 8th house contexts, even if it means going solo. Very, very classic textbook astrology result. I have zero fire in my natal chart, so this energy did not come very naturally to me, but impacted my life nevertheless.

3 Replies
Osiris Wife
Registered

Noble Member

@vesta I have a 5 biggie Mars aspects coming up, so I might have to wait till the last minute to answer this question.

Interesting that the day after Mars ingress Taurus, both Mercury and Venus change signs. Mercury in Aquarius deserves a topic of it's own..

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@osiris-wife Your wisdom comes from multiple 29 degree placements? Explains so much! 🙂

I don't understand Venus in Aquarius, but agree on Mercury's ingress into Aqua territories is super duper interesting.

Osiris Wife
Registered

Noble Member

@vesta Venus will be entering Capricorn, which means you'll soon have a Venus Return 😀

Page 25 / 25