How are you coping with 2021?
I sense that people are depressed! Maybe my 'gut' is off!
Well, 2021 started with its own weird happenings, from the death of my partner's father to someone scratching and spitting on my brother-in-law's car. On the other hand, I am already reinventing myself (a side effect of the quarantines and Pluto transiting my Asc), so anything goes really.
How am I coping with 2021?
* I focus on the here and now, and on ME. What are MY *responsibilities*? What can *I* control ('control the controllables')? Etc.
* I am bit by bit shoring up my bank account. When some future 'uncontrollable' challenge comes up, I will be in a better position to contend with it.
* I am making small changes in my diet (which was pretty healthy to start with) to improve my health and hopefully alleviate some problems I am having (due to aging, in itself uncontrollable - esp. my knees and joints).
* I have asked to be freed from one part of my duties at work because my knees/joints are shot, and this is in the process of being implemented.
* I am planning to replace my very old car with one more reliable. (Tried and failed in 2020, hoping 2021 will be it!)
* I am preparing to move. (Tried and failed pre-pandemic, was put on hold last year, doubt it will happen in 2021 - there's a long waiting list to get into the place I am aiming for, but I will keep actively inching toward it.) I intend to be ready when I get the green light.
* I have been helping a group of people set up a local home and refuge for the homeless, along with improved services for people with mental health or addiction issues. Much needed in my small town.
*** I have been working on "finding Mary's (bio) father" for an in-law relative. I have yet to find him (or his grave, likely) but I have found a whole bunch of his children (alive) and (elderly) Mary has had Zoom meet-ups with her newly discovered half-siblings!! Everybody is thrilled!! THIS is THE highlight of MY 2021!! (They are hoping to be able to meet in person, post-covid. Travel and disabilities will have to be factored in, but it's feasible!)
* I have also busted some 15-20 year brick walls for my brother in his genealogical research on the other branch of his in-laws. This has brought closure to family members who had always wondered "what happened to Jim?" Etc.
* I have done my part in seeing my parents move out of the house they had been living in for the past 50+ years. No small feat! The process isn't quite complete, but overall, it went very well, and they are happy in their bright, new apartment.
* I supported and encouraged my young niece who graduated from college just as covid appeared, and due to her field of work could not work at all. She decided to use her down time wisely and signed up for a university course she had planned to take later anyway; AND she (2021) started a business of her own to get some practice starting, owning and running a business!
So! 2021? I am 'coping' well, and so are the key people around me!
I don't like 2021 so far. I'm kind of down and in a big rut. I think my culprit is transiting Pluto square natal Neptune. Its exact. Its a discouraging transit because anything I try to do to move forward, is always delayed or just doesn't work out.
As an example, I had planned a remodel on part of my house. It was planned for this month. Window measurements were taken, I signed the contract and sent them a deposit two weeks ago and still today, they haven't cashed the check. They said they won't do that until they can do the work. Well, WTF. They said they would do it in March and now March is almost over.
Everything in my life seems to be going like that right now. I can't seem to move ahead on anything no matter how well I planned it. I can't even look at the news. That's another story.
I'm just blah. Anonymoushermit, your "gut" is right, at least for me.
I'm feeling kind of frustrated this year. I felt some hope at the end of 2020, when the vaccines first started coming out. But the reality is that my freedom is still pretty limited this year. I'm still dealing with my kids' schools closing down occasionally for quarantine. I feel like I'm more than ready to move forward, but it's just not time yet. I have to keep waiting. Saturn square Uranus?
It's getting more and more difficult to do what I'm supposed to do. I'm starting to wonder what's next. Do you know that movie Office Space? I'm the stapler guy, with one fun addition. I keep getting pushed further and further into the metaphorical basement, but each time more work is added piled on. You're doing a great job, here take some more.