Black Moon Lilith i...

Notifications
Clear all

Black Moon Lilith in Taurus 22/10/2020 to 18/07/2021  

Page 1 / 2

Vesta
Registered
Prominent Member

BML entered Taurus. That is such a stable energy (though stubborn too). How do you think the justified anger of BML might play out in your personal life and the collective in the sign of the Bull? 

I would like to see many more rich-as-hell women as disruptors in the society, be it any industry. Rihanna/Beyoncé, J K Rowling, Kate Moss, MacKenzie Scott, Sheryl Sandberg, Venus Williams, Melinda Gates, Mary Barra (General Motors CEO), Julie Sweets (Accenture CEO). They may realize that they have the power and responsibility to be and inspire the change their male chauvinism led industry hasn't given them a chance to implement earlier. 

I wonder if one generation or astrological aspect has a better chance of absorbing or using energy for the greater good. 

23 Replies
1 Reply
ThatGirl
Registered

Trusted Member
Posted by: @vesta

BML entered Taurus. That is such a stable energy (though stubborn too). How do you think the justified anger of BML might play out in your personal life and the collective in the sign of the Bull? 

I would like to see many more rich-as-hell women as disruptors in the society, be it any industry. Rihanna/Beyoncé, J K Rowling, Kate Moss, MacKenzie Scott, Sheryl Sandberg, Venus Williams, Melinda Gates, Mary Barra (General Motors CEO), Julie Sweets (Accenture CEO). They may realize that they have the power and responsibility to be and inspire the change their male chauvinism led industry hasn't given them a chance to implement earlier. 

I wonder if one generation or astrological aspect has a better chance of absorbing or using energy for the greater good. 

Oh, it happens here where I live in Europe...Restrictions in abortion law caused protests and demonstrations...So many women on the street fight for their rights now.

Osiris Wife
Registered
Noble Member

I assume you mean Lilith as BML the calculated point osculates through Pisces-Aries-Taurus and Gemini in that period.

So, as it relates to Lilith I don't subscribe to the popular notion of her being an angry Goddess. So, in Taurus, Lilith might point more to insecurities around Venusian matters. Seemingly since there's nothing humans love more than money ... insecurities are bound to flame likely from Saturn-Uranus square through 2021. 

8 Replies
Osiris Wife
Registered

Noble Member

Argh! Ignore "calculated point" in that first sentence....

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@osiris-wife Ah, the ephemeris from astro.com does not show oscillation...just a regular entry into a sign, albeit ofcourse, with retrogrades. 

I meant Black Moon Lilith, not Lilith the asteroid or Dark Moon Lilith or Mean lilith. The one with the glyph like crescent moon sitting on top of a cross. 

Would your advice still hold valid? (....insecurities around venusian matters...)

Osiris Wife
Registered

Noble Member

@vesta on Astro.com BML is h13.

I don't know what BML would mean given its oscillation. 

There are those that attest much to Dark Moon Lilith, but for me keeping it simple with planets keeps form losing perspective by mudding the waters.

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@osiris-wife Ah, you learn something every day. Thanks for the explanation. Apparently, the L(o) is different than mean BML for me...by sign and house! The significance is massive because my husband's Venus conjuncts my L(o) to the minute, and I always regretted that I never managed to engage his affections (Venus) astrologically, as it makes no other major aspects beyond a weak sauce 4 degrees conjunction to my descendent. 😀 Now I am talking like a teenager at LG Boards. 😃

Don
 Don
Registered

Trusted Member

@vesta

The Black Moon Lilith - the one with blacked in moon glyph sitting on top of a cross - is one of two positions used when working with the Black Moon. It describes an "average" and is often called the "Mean" Black Moon. It behaves like the center of gravity for the effects of the Black Moon at a given time.

On Astrodienst  -  the other "True" Black Moon Lilith  can be found as h13 in the extended chart selection under the "List of other horoscope factors and "hypothetical" planets".

The True Black Moon changes much more quickly than the Mean Black Moon.

Both are useful .

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@don Thank you Don. I love the way mean BML is calculated, apparently as a center of gravity between Earth and Lunar apogee? 

Whichever astronomical explanation, I thnk Oscillating Lilith L(o) might have limited value as a transit tool? So, for the purposes of this thread, I am going to concentrate on what you and Osiris' Wife referred to as mean BML.

Don
 Don
Registered

Trusted Member

@vesta

The Black Moon is actually an axis composed of two focal points  that describe the elliptical (oval) orbit of the Moon. Those two point define a lunar axis like the Nodes of the Moon.  One of those focal points is in space without any form - the Black Moon itself - and the other point opposite the Black Moon - is buried in the Earth. The symbolism is significant . The Black Moon is seeking embodiment and form thru our emotional expression - and its polarity point -in some way - is seeking release from form.

There is a more detailed astronomical explanation describing the difference between the Mean and the True Black Moon calculations - and you might search for that if I have not answered your question.

One of the Astrodienst staff - Deiter Koch - and Juan Revilla are two names I recall from that discussion.

Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@don I read some of it at astrodienst, but I will look up the names you suggested. Thank you, again!

Osiris Wife
Registered
Noble Member

@Vesta I was putting books away when I found this…

Facts about Lilith by Delphine Gloria Jay (since she mentions works of Sepharial, I assumed Lilith in this text is BML the lunar apogee i.e. h13 on Astro.com)

Lilith:

Has two clear levels: (i) positive for creative, mental or esthetic release; and (ii) negative, in a self-centered mundane or emotionally influenced, as Lilith is dark to the subject eye and enlightening to the objective eye

Manifests positively only as a distinctively impersonal force, as opposed to the Moon’s personal one

Describes the social collective self, compared to the Moon that describes the emotional self

Moves you to extremes on either the positive or negative level

Creates exaggerated susceptibility to the desire nature on a subjective level

Has affinity with Saturn. Both represent disciplined circumstances that force realistic attitudes: (i) emotionally; (ii) materially

Limits negative emotionalism as Saturn limits mismanaged material affairs. Both are control factors at the lower level

Frustrates the self to liberate the social-collective self (an individual's personal beliefs about themselves and beliefs that stemmed from the groups/social networks they are part of)

Represents raw urges that are for the most part hidden in the personal orientation lest the induvial expose a part of him/herself that she/he does not understand, making him/her vulnerable or appear different

Is creative talent. Influences vocation, distinguishing the person’s work from others

Responds strongly to Uranus, Mars and Saturn

Where Lilith is placed, there is something shadowy in the personality

Is the priestess in woman (the feminine). Lilith does not have its greater power in the ordinary, but rather the extraordinary or creative

While this is about the natal not transit, I think it is worth considering. The extract above, is clear to me that Lilith’s manifestation by nature is variable, thus explains why it’s often misunderstood. This oscillation is probably the reason we all have different interpretations of Lilith before you add the layer of sign/house influences; some see Moon (conscious or unconscious emotions), some Saturn (fear), some Venus (creativity), some Jupiter (the extraordinary), some Uranus (liberation), some Pluto (shadows) and the majority see anger or sex (Mars). Also, the stories through history have mostly skewed to the negative which makes the positives even more difficult for most people to relate to, notwithstanding that by nature Lilith is hidden within.

1 Reply
Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@osiris-wife Fascinating! I loved the archetype of moon = emotions in here, and L(o) = emotions or projected emotions out there. I can see why outers like Saturn, Uranus or Jupiter might impact it, if it refers to our social consciousness, whether objective or subjective. 

Thanks for sharing. It sheds so much light. 

Don
 Don
Registered
Trusted Member

The Black Moon is the emotive partner to the Sun. It  also describes an axis that behaves like the Moon Nodes.

With all of the heavy Saturn Pluto challenges of this year we have lost some of our abilities to engage with the basic pleasures and joys of embodiment.

With the Black Moon in Taurus - we are hungry for the return of those Venusian pleasures  - and also to rid ourselves of Plutonian suffering and losses.

Nice way to start with Venus entering Libra......

3 Replies
Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@don Thanks for sharing your views. I agree. We have suffered enough.

I have close Venus-Pluto contacts in next year's solar return chart, so not getting rid of Plutonian suffering that easily personally, but I hope it works out for the collective. 

Osiris Wife
Registered

Noble Member

@don do you have Moon-Pluto aspect in your natal? I imagine the feminine archetype can be intense, Pluto stuff, and often expressed unconsciously by self.

I'm curious based on most of your posts, in other topics as well. No worries if you'd rather not say.

Don
 Don
Registered

Trusted Member

@osiris-wife

Yes  - an exact to the minute square between a Leo Pluto and a Taurus Moon.

Don
 Don
Registered
Trusted Member

Here is a link to Midara's explanation about the difference between the Mean and the True Black Moon's

https://www.elsaelsa.com/astrology/mean-or-true-black-moon-lilith-which-is-correct/

strawb.
Registered
Prominent Member

I didn't read all the replies yet but one big theme of black moon Lilith for me is associated with rebellion and standing up for yourself.... Maybe that's how it manifests in my chart.

This will happen in my 7th house.

It's kind of prominent in my chart, on my Mc and aspecting a bunch. I have to keep her in check because it can cause possibly cause destruction/public humiliation/bad reputation for me being where it is. 😬 

1 Reply
Vesta
Registered

Prominent Member

@strawb I totally get what you mean. One cannot be careful enough. I have her natally conjunct my Descendent, so I meet her as a shadow. Will try to integrate her in myself during this relatively gentler phase. I was too angry during her Aries stint. 

Have you read Midara's series on BML?

Page 1 / 2