Forum

Asteroid Kassandra ...

Notifications
Clear all

Asteroid Kassandra #114

Topic starter
(@osiris-wife)
Estimable Member

In Greek Mythology Cassandra (Asteroid #114) was cursed to always speak the truth or know the future, but to forever be disbelieved.

Perhaps, this is where the "Cassandra Complex" in psychology originates; it's where people who predict bad news or warnings are ignored or outright dismissed. Also, closely linked to the "Cassandra Regret"; those who don't want to know the future likely because a certain level of ignorance is bliss - what you don't know doesn't hurt.

What or who are you not listening to or disbelieving? Do you believe your intuition?

13 Replies
NotMyCircus
(@notmycircus)
Trusted Member

Okay, I'll take a crack at this....

Shiny Taurus had an exact Kassandra/Uranus conjunction @ 29 Libra in the 9th house, trine his Gemini Moon in 5th house. He had Kevin Trudeau books, newsletters from some secrets-of-the-rich company, and mail from prosperity-gospel preachers. He also loved Pokemon GO but couldn't walk (kind of hard to play if you can't go anywhere) so he watched YouTube videos on how to catch rare Pokemon across the globe without getting banned. 

One of my sisters has an exact Kassandra/Saturn conjunction @ 7 Virgo in the 4th house, trine her Ascendant. She believes something is seriously wrong with our mother (their relationship has always been complicated). She says that Mom is either a narcissist or has some other mental illness, or she does not love herself and that's where her issues come from. She also believes I'm a high-functioning autistic (I want to dismiss this but be open to this at the same time!).

As for me, I have  Kassandra in Taurus in the 5th house, in exact opposition to Ceres. It also trines Venus in Virgo, 9th house. My parents don't think I should date anymore or have kids, ever. I brought up the subject of having kids recently, and Mom couldn't believe I would even mention that. Chiron sits in my 5th house, as does the moon, so maybe this stems from those placements. As far as creativity....I have poetry. I have book ideas. I have drawings. But I hide them. I don't feel people take my creativity seriously. 

Not sure if any of this answers your question, but here you go. Lol

la_sirena
(@la_sirena)
Trusted Member

I wonder how it plays out in synastry. My husbands Kassandra is at 24 Pisces, in the middle of my Sun at 23 Pisces and Moon 25 Pisces in the 8th house. 

la_sirena
(@la_sirena)
Trusted Member

Omg, I’m reading about it (chirotic journal)? and is this ever my life. Funny my husband is Kassandra but it’s projected on me. I want to eventually come back to this post and tell my Kassandra story. I have to figure out how to even begin with this one.

Topic starter
(@osiris-wife)
Estimable Member

I think looking at Mercury in the chart would the first place to start.

Perhaps Kassandra explains what cannot easily be verbalized or intellectualized by Mercury, because Kassandra speaks from prophecy, psychic, intuitive gifts .... how else does a person predict the future.

So maybe in synastry, it could be a partner does not always find it easy to believe what is spoken by Kassandra. It's not because of a lack of trust, but simply because knowing of things that have yet to transpire can be a difficult concept for some to understand why or how it happens.

My SO and I have a tight Sun-Mercury (him) and Kassandra-Neptune (me), and he still struggles sometimes to understand how it is that I know what I know which seems impossible to know. I also think it goes both ways, because there are things that I struggle with too, that he seems to easily foretell.

Vesta
(@vesta)
Trusted Member

Mine is conjunct my Eros in 3rd house, very very near my IC. Don't know how to interpret it though. 

I speak out about my desires to family? ? On the contrary, I never speak of my heart's wishes to anyone, and especially not family, until it's a done deal.

Page 1 / 3
Scroll to Top