Page 1 / 5

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Noble Member

How's it going out there?

Someone got hurt on the job - my husband sent me the pick with the blood on a machine. He cross-trained as a medic in Special Forces and apparently saved the guy. I have not heard the story.

Meanwhile, I went to town early this morning. I came up over a hill and saw two... "cops" of some kind, parked with lights flashing, 200 yards apart, facing opposite directions. "What kind of ambush is this?" I thought!

I slowed down to pass by. In this process, I saw that a car had driven off the road and was very neatly and tightly stuck in a ravine on the side of the road, headed the other direction.

What's happening in your life?

65 Replies
Satsun
Registered
(@satsun)
Reputable Member

Not in my life directly, but yesterday I walked through a giant traffic jam blocking acces from Paris to the suburb where I live.

Cars, buses, trucks, trams, an ambulance with sirens honking, everything, couldn't move, couldn't leave the crossing.

Past the jam, no cars at all, but a motor cyclist on the ground, hit by a car. The ambulance was blocked on the other side of the freeway.

After a while the ambulance arrived. I hope they made it on time.

Sometimes it doesn't take much between life and death.

Satsun
Registered
(@satsun)
Reputable Member

It seems I'm having internet problems everywhere in relation to my email address but I don't know why.

Sorry, I don't know what's going on.

Satsun
Registered
(@satsun)
Reputable Member

AH!

Perhaps Mecury square Pluto!!!

1 Reply
Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@satsun Mercury Rx square Pluto Rx!

Romanette
Registered
(@romanette)
Eminent Member

My local library is closing for renovations.  I’ll still be able to request the books I want to pick up while it’s closed, but the collection will be in storage.  I imagine them being kept down in a basement…

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
Topic starter
(@elsa)
Noble Member

Regarding the accident in the machine shop, it was much worse than I imagined, though I was sent a picture of the blood on the machine..

The man climbed into the machine... don't know why. He cut the top of his head off. Yes.

He mumbled something... my husband saw what happened. He grabbed some pads they use for absorb coolant, put a stack on head and told him to apply pressure. He was sitting on the floor at this point. He put his hands up and applied pressure.  "Am I all right?"

"Yeah, man. You just cut the top of your head off. You'll be all right. You're talkin'. It didn't get your brain..,"

He then called for someone to get him to the hospital. Did not bother with an ambulance they thought they would be quicker. The hospital is close. It was early in the morning, like 6 am.

Anyway, he's still in the hospital but I think he is okay.

My husband told me, regarding telling him he'd cut the top of his head off, "I hate to lie to a mf'er. They tell you, yeah man. You're fine and half your head is gone.  I did tell him he'd be okay but he did cut the top of his head off so I wasn't going to lie."

My husband has Jupiter in Sagittarius.

3 Replies
CocoPeaches
Registered
(@cocopeaches)

Reputable Member

@elsa 😳 Dear Lord...

sophiab
Registered
(@sophiab)

Reputable Member

@elsa Thank god your husband was there and has that character and experience. He would have bled to death otherwise. Sounds almost suicidal, getting inside a machine.

Elsa
 Elsa
Admin
(@elsa)

Noble Member

@sophiab Yeah, we've not heard yet, what he was thinking. But you're right, everyone just stood there with their mouth agape.  And the man was in such shock, he did not even yell.  He said something and my husband glanced over and saw him.

Blades turn 500 rpm! The man is about 40 and has a wife.

It's been drastic out there, all the way around.

Page 1 / 5