I wrote this in 2001, part of a series, “Many Fish Bite If You Got Good Bait…” (nod to Taj Mahal)
It’s in regards to dealing with rejection (see video) and more specifically, not internalizing it…
Fine. Let’s assume that this is what happens. As a matter of fact, he (or she) is not interested in you. Now what does this mean?
This does not mean that you die one thousand deaths.
It does not mean you are fat.
It does not mean that you burned your cool card and have to go home and be in a pool of woe.
The truth is that you don’t know why this person is not interested in you.
- He could have a girlfriend.
- He could have a boyfriend.
- He could have 4 girlfriends and no openings.
- He could be married and want to stay that way.
- He could be pining for his last girlfriend.
- You may be 27, he may be 27, but he may like them 12 years old.
- He could be a psycho and you do not have the shoulder length chestnut colored hair he is looking for.
- He could have other priorities. A death in the family last week for example. Whatever. He may just not be on the prowl.
- He may be fixated on the woman at the end of the bar who looks like his old girlfriend who looks like his mother.
You get the point I hope. You have no idea what his deal is, so don’t take it personal! The guy is not on the block, and this is not you cue to take off your shirt to get his attention.