The total solar eclipse in Sagittarius will take place just after midnight on the morning of December 4th. Sagittarius inflates. This is a big one and it’s going to be interesting.
As you’ll see below, Mercury will conjunct the Sun and Moon. Here’s your Mercurial factoid: this eclipse will last one minute and fifty-four seconds.
Last year’s eclipse in Sagittarius squared Neptune. This time, Neptune is 8 degrees off; while Saturn in Aquarius supports the sun and moon. More truth and grounding and less illusion? I live in hope!
This is a good time to open your mind and think optimistically. It’s a bad time to be stingy, closed or small-minded; however you do want to check yourself (Saturn) before you go all in!
I don’t think this eclipse is predictable. This is because Sagittarius-ruler, Jupiter is in Aquarius. It could very well be a worldwide (big) surprise.
Saturn will be pretty tightly square Uranus. Who knows what structure might be toppled. But Mars will be in it’s home sign, Scorpio and pretty well-aspected. This suggests that violence is not a major feature here.
We set intentions under new moons / a solar eclipse. Here are some ideas, depending on where the eclipse falls in your chart:
- Solar eclipse in the 1st house: Broadcast your ideas. This is like having a megaphone strapped to your face. Tell the truth!
- Solar eclipse in the 2nd house: Luck with money is favored. Think optimistically and enjoy improved self esteem.
- Solar eclipse in the 3rd house: It’s imperative you open your mind and expand your sources of information. Share knowledge. Talk to people outside you little cubby. Be honest!
- Solar eclipse in the 4th: Donate to a food bank. Be generous with your family and this include your time. Expand your clan. Share good feelings.
- Solar eclipse in the 5th: Big heart, expands. Be moved to be open and generous.
- Solar eclipse in the 6th house: Cheer in the workplace. Gift health or service workers. TIP!
- Solar eclipse in the 7th: Fun with the partner. Luck in love. Relationship opportunities.
- Solar eclipse in the 8th house: Share your resources. The gift of your energy in whatever form it takes.
- Solar eclipse in the 9th: Super lucky. Share your gifts, far and wide. Big ideas. Knowing the truth when it’s shown to you. Seek higher ground.
- Solar eclipse in the 10th: Set an example as person who is “bigger than that”. Benevolent authority. Good parent. Teach and preach.
- Solar eclipse in the 11th: Give generously to friends. This includes the gift of your time and/or the sharing of your ideas or knowledge.
- Solar eclipse in the 12th: Offer yourself in generosity. Ask to be shown the path to your highest expression. Dream big and be moved by the ethereal.
Where will the solar eclipse fall in your chart? What’s your intention?