After all the hijinks, we arrived safely. We did not get the house we wanted, due to the appraisal report not being delivered and accepted until FIFTY days after it was ordered.
This caused a tremendous amount of stress…mostly due to the fact we have three dogs. Would you rent your house to someone who had three dogs? Probably not!
But in the end, we did find someone to rent to us and we’re happy with the deal. We paid three months (inflated) rent in advance…but avoided signing a year’s lease. This gives us 90 days to find a new home. If not, I’m sure we can go month to month…
The house is small but adequate. We did have to rent storage because there is no garage. However – and this is big – we are completely unloaded now and will return the truck today.
It’s big, because we’re old and this was hard work for all involved.
I have other news…our house in Colorado went on the market yesterday. We had a full price offer within two hours. Our agent is holding an open house today and tomorrow if necessary. One way or the other, we expect to be under contract within a few days.
We had a rough couple days, sitting in a hotel with three dogs and everything we own, packed in a truck in a parking lot…with no one answering our calls on various rentals. However, at no time did we regret this move. On the contrary, we’re all happy to be here.
I’ve already had my first visitor – the gal I met when I came here in February to shop houses. She came over and met the dogs…hung out in our lawn-chair living room, telling jokes.
If you’re waiting and wanting to consult with me, I will be opening up my schedule here pretty quick. I blocked everything out through the first week of April. I should be back on the job a bit sooner than that. Setting up this little rental house will take a lot less time and effort then would have been necessary had we got the big house.
Thanks for your patience!