The dramatic solar eclipse in Cancer takes place on the evening of July 12th. This thing is a piece of work, however I don’t mean that in a bad way.
First, the sun and moon will oppose Pluto to the exact degree. Before you click to look at the chart, I want to point out that there are two grand trines in this chart as well. Yep!
If you’re a newbie, check the red line between the Sun and Moon and Pluto (stress). But also note the two green triangles that denotes grace and ease and grounding and all kinds of things that help a person in ways that are significant. See the chart full size.
Cancer is associated with emotion, family, your roots. Pluto is associated with transformation. Cancer and Capricorn are Cardinal signs. This looks like a power struggle to me. It may also signify a death in the family and/or some kind of upheaval. Frankly, it makes me think of vomit (stomach erupting), but the grand trines are so powerful, this might actually bring family together.
This would be sensible. We’re constantly bombarded by forces telling us how everyone around us sucks. Maybe that’s not the case? Maybe you don’t want to hack your arm off, hmm?
You’ll definitely want to set an intention under this new moon solar eclipse. Here are some ideas, depending on where the eclipse falls in your chart:
- Solar eclipse in the 1st house: Family hero.
- Solar eclipse in the 2nd house: Save money for a rainy day.
- Solar eclipse in the 3rd house: Feed your neighbor.
- Solar eclipse in the 4th: Nurture your family.
- Solar eclipse in the 5th: Cook dinner for your date / lover.
- Solar eclipse in the 6th house: Support your workmates.
- Solar eclipse in the 7th: Shore up relationships with your in-laws / your partner’s family.
- Solar eclipse in the 8th house: Make a will to protect your family in the case of your death.
- Solar eclipse in the 9th: Family outing; go somewhere you’ve been.
- Solar eclipse in the 10th: Comfort food at work.
- Solar eclipse in the 11th: Nurture your friendships.
- Solar eclipse in the 12th: Commune with dead relatives.
Where does the solar eclipse fall in your chart? Set your intention here!