The new moon at one degree Pisces will take place just after midnight on February 20th. It looks quite positive.
I feel this way because Pisces co-rulers, Jupiter and Neptune are both in their home sign, as you can see below. This is strong and significant support. I also like the conjunction to exalted Saturn in Aquarius. It limits the risk of a negative expression of this energy.
New moons are about new beginnings but dreaming of such a thing is inferior to actually manifesting it. Saturn (reality) is right there, strongly suggesting you can make it happen.
The new moon takes no hard aspects. In fact, there is only one square in the sky on this day. Mercury squares Uranus which often signifies genius.
Now we could have shocking news and a giant flood but this seems unlikely with the lack of hard aspects. This looks more like a graceful point in time. It makes me think of all the years I tried to quit smoking… ten years of nicotine gun, patches, acupressure, whatever… vs the brilliant day, I actually quit.
If nothing else, plan (Saturn) to be inspired (Pisces).
We set intentions under new moons. Here are some idea based on the house in your natal chart where the new moon falls:
- New Moon in the 1st house – Set out to do the right thing, with compassion.
- New Moon in the 2nd house – Get a handle on overspending or if you tend to hoard resources, you may need to release.
- New Moon in the 3rd house – Inspired, functional ideas.
- New Moon in the 4th house – Peaceful home is the rule.
- New Moon in the 5th house – Support the arts, inspired creative product.
- New Moon in the 6th house – Compassionate workplace. Take time to nourish your health.
- New Moon in the 7th house – Treating the other with compassion.
- New Moon in the 8th house – Pay mind your subconscious as thing may flow in to be dealt with. Also, compassionate care and support of the dying or anyone suffering another traumatic period.
- New Moon in the 9th house – Be guided to learn. Stick with it.
- New Moon the 10th house – Set an example of a caring person with boundaries.
- New Moon in the 11th house – Support your friends. Build an inclusive social network.
- New Moon in the 12th house – Contact with the ethereal. Commitment to serve God.
Where does the new moon fall in your chart? How will you channel this energy?